New Paul McCartney Out There Tour Thread

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by theMess, Apr 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Not sure what you mean by "never an option" - does that mean you should never buy them or they're never available via presale?

In my Macca.com experience, I've never seen GOOD floor seats pop up for arena shows. For $250+, I insist on first 10 rows. I've gotten those for stadium shows but not arenas. (Though Macca.com - I've been first 10 rows for Macca via other sales.)

On the side, sections 105 and 120 would be the best. 104/121 will be fine as well, but they could be slightly limited view...

heatherly likes this.
  2. Oatsdad

Based on other shows already on sale, 104/121 should be up for grabs. Those used to be a great bargain: they'd be close to the stage and would be $90 or so if I remember my 2002/2005 experiences correctly. I'd buy them and be literally three feet across the aisle from someone who paid $160 more for their seat!

Alas, Macca now makes those tickets premium-priced - they're the same $290 that the best seats are! :sigh:

3. heatherly

heatherly Well-Known Member

Thank you guys! I'm gonna go for the high priced tickets ($275?) I've made a note as to what sections are best.

Oatsdad, could you be more specific as to what you mean by Good or bad floor seats? I assumed all floor seats are better than the ones in the stands, balcony,etc.

Wish me luck!!!!

4. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I'd imagine floor seats towards the back wouldn't be as good as those on the sides closer to the stage, since the floor is assigned seating and not general admission. Despite having a perfectly centered view, you'd be further from the stage and looking over rows of people without the benefit of the incline you get with stands. And you might be paying a premium over some of the lower/upper bowl seating.

John Grimes and heatherly like this.
  5. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

For those wondering about the PM tix ... YES, they often have good seats. Since he's gone to "crowdsurge", they have lower fees than ticketmaster and I've got good enough seats that I've attended a few shows I probably wouldn't have gone to otherwise. For SLC in 2010, I got sixth row on the floor, towards the right side of the stage. Last year, I really had no intent of going to the Seattle gig, but up popped row 5 in section C for $250 or whatever. There was a simultaneous presale on TMaster and I checked to see what comparable tix were up, and I remember getting basically the same seats, but at the VIP prices (Sec E, row 5, I seem to recall).

I opted to save a grand or whatever and purchase through Crowdsurge. :)

And then I got to see the Nirvana boys join Paul.
    image007.png
    So do I spring for SLC again this year? I had convinced myself that was my last Paul gig...

theMess likes this.
  6. heatherly

So Paul's presales are through Crowdsurge?

7. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Yes, but still through his website. Crowdsurge facilitates it, but you go to PaulMcCartney.com for the presale.

heatherly likes this.
  8. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Yes, they are. And if at first they look sold out, or unavailable, Keep Trying! Good seats for Albany, floor and nice side seats, didn't appear til 30 min after they went on sale. Also, go to Crowdsurge now and set up your account. Save time later.

heatherly likes this.
  9. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

He'll be in Lubbock on June 14. This could be special...Buddy Holly's hometown...J.I. and Joe B. are a quick flight away. I'm stoked about this one.

10. LandHorses

LandHorses I contain multitudes

I hope he schedules Philadelphia in and around the Albany/Pittsburgh July dates. That's probably my only possible nearby shot of seeing him this year.

(I assume the NYC area is out since he did Brooklyn last year.)

11. Oatsdad

When I referred to "good floor seats", I meant ones I'd be willing to buy: first 10 rows. I'm simply not willing to pay $250+ to be 20 rows back or wherever.

I also wouldn't pay $250+ to be anywhere on the sides, but I'd rather be low rows side-stage than 20 rows back on the floor.

BTW, dunno how tall you are and/or anyone who might go with you, but shorter people have trouble on the floor. I'm 6-feet so it's not an issue, but shorter folks will find it tough to see if they're back too far...

heatherly likes this.
  12. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

The one thing that stuck out for me for the OTG tour - even if you were in the first row, you were still 30-40 feet from the stage. Paul had all kinds of mechanical crap in front of the stage(mostly lifters to project the band past the front of the stage. Another thing, he had a curtain around the stage. My seats were on a 45 degree angle stage right and that curtain cut me off from seeing that side of the stage. Great show, but the visuals for those off center SUCKED.

13. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

At the venue here, I had heard the first ten rows were going for $1800 face value. What came with that, I have no clue. Unless you're in Section A or B(the front two of four sections of 20 rows), you might as well go in the 100 level and be a little elevated so you can see. People will probably stand the whole show. The last time I saw Paul was in 2002 and I had seats 19th row aisle. I lucked out. Was on the end and my vision path was not obstructed one bit. I'm still surprised that his "top" price only went up $2 from his last visit in 2002.

Not to sound like an old geezer, but I can't handle standing up for shows non stop anymore. I "could", but I'd be on soma and pain pills for a week due to my sciatic flaring up really bad. Adrenaline does so much!

14. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Got my Atlanta tix through Paul's Website.. What a breeze to use with cheaper service fees than Ticketmaster.. I couldn't go to the New Orleans show because I've got tickets for Elvis Costello in Atlanta the same night. Can't be in two places at once. Luckily Paul added the Atlanta show that Saturday. The rock gods were shining down on me.

heatherly likes this.
  15. MickAvory

MickAvory Forum Resident

Got lucky and went for two.. Used Macca's presale and got Nashville as well.. works out perfect... for one of the first times, a musician's tour routing worked out great for me..

And.. its interesting that he's playing so many shows in the South so close together. Being in New Orleans.... I had the option of decent driving distance of Dallas, Nashville, Atlanta and Jacksonville since I wasn't able to get the New Orleans tickets.. All of those cities are about 8 hrs away driving or less. Easy enough to do in one day.

He's bombarding the South.

John Grimes and heatherly like this.
  16. heatherly

Checking crowdsurge right now, only $89 tix available.

If i'm gonna be on a bus for 9 hours and have to spend money on a hotel I want a damn good view of Macca!

17. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Our Albany side tix were $99 each. Great view too!

18. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Well, that didn't work. A couple $250 seats WERE offered to me (SLC), but they were lousy, IMO, so I put em back. 3 minutes later, all seats are taken...

19. heatherly

I think most tickets are gone now? I get a an option to by a $275 ticket and when I hit submit I get "Sorry, we were unable to find any available seats for that section." :(

20. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Keep trying :pleased:

heatherly likes this.
  21. sgtpppr84

sgtpppr84 Forum Resident

Presale didn't yield good seat options for me, even though I was on right at 10AM. Within 5 minutes, nothing was available.

Last year I scored 12th row floor tickets in the general public sale, so I'll be hoping for such luck again this year.

22. heatherly

So is it safe to say that the presale on PM.com is over?

I'm gonna make a run for the AM EX sale on Monday!

23. heatherly

Just got a ticket for floor 15, I'm a short guy so I have to pass :(

24. akmonday

akmonday Forum Resident

Really waiting to find out what happens in the Bay Area. They've been trying to get him to do Candlestick for a year, but it sounds like the new stadium people in Santa Clara are trying to woo him.

25. cb70

cb70 Senior Member

The last few times I've waited a week or so before the actual show and have scored center floor seats within the first few rows. Will probably do that again if nothing good comes up next week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.