New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. George P

George P Way Down Now

:goodie:

Craig and T-Bo like this.
  2. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Yep I’d be all over that as well and have my fingers crossed.

IR Shane, Craig and eelkiller like this.
  3. art

art Senior Member

great news.

IR Shane, canada_toque and Craig like this.
  4. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

100% Fun is 100% awesome! It sounds great!

5. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Thanks. Looking forward to Burrito Deluxe and the Matthew Sweet 3.

(Would love to see Gene Clark with the Gosdin Brothers on SACD someday :shh: )

hutlock, art, IR Shane and 3 others like this.
  6. McRib

McRib Well-Known Member

I received 100% Fun today, and anybody remotely interested should buy it. Of course the pressing is perfect and the sleeve is beautiful, but IR gets extra credit from me for packaging because I bought direct and it arrived in spotless condition despite USPS giving it an impromptu tour of the lower 48 en route to my doorstep.

Also, the bonus disc is not only worth listening to, but worth keeping in rotation with the album. Only the alternate mix of Walk Out veers towards completist territory (not that there's anything wrong with that).

I really hope there's more >=90s alt rock to come from IR, the possibilities are endless.

levi, IR Shane, ellingtonic and 2 others like this.
  7. marcb

marcb Senior Member

I got mine on Saturday. I didn't do a direct comparison to the original CD, but on first impression my memory (and we all know how reliable aural memory is :sigh:) tells me this new one is noticeably smoother and more nuanced than the CD. The CD can be fatiguing at times when listened to at volume. Not the LP. And in particular, I noticed the amp/pedal breakup - which is all over the album - just sounds appreciably more detailed and real. I can also hear the various types of keyboards more distinctly as opposed to getting lost in the guitar sounds.

Pressing quality was great EXCEPT unfortunately mine came with a fairly deep, audible 1/8" scratch at the beginning of the music for Side 3. I bought through Amazon but I think Intervention was the 3rd party seller so I'm not sure at the moment what route to take to resolve the issue. Not my biggest worry today...

IR Shane likes this.
  8. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

Is there a shipping date for Altered Beast yet? Signed, Someone who wants To Pull The Trigger.

googlymoogly, IR Shane and Craig like this.
  9. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

I was pleasantly surprised by the bonus material and agree it's worth keeping in rotation with the album.

IR Shane and Craig like this.
  10. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

Debating whether to get the Gene Clark and Flying Burrito Brothers SACDs or vinyl. Convince me on which to get it on. Are the vinyl releases AAA? Rival or surpass the originals?

IR Shane, Craig and Jellis77 like this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

VERY sorry to hear this. DM me and get me your address. I'll replace disc 2 directly to you.

marcb likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Also, if you can take and DM me a pic.

marcb likes this.
  13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

3-5 weeks. When I know for sure I"ll announce.

14. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Vinyl, 100% analog mastering by Kevin Gray. We BLOW THE DOORS OFF the originals.

picassoson, jimhb, Geee! and 6 others like this.
  15. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Quoth Michael Fremer, who is the FIRST person to play me an A&M original of White Light several years ago when I visiting him on behalf of AudioQuest/Lyra: "The test pressing I got to hear after playing the original for 47 years was a shocker. The reissue cut by Kevin Gray from a 1/2" safety master completely smokes the A&M original. Not even close."
    Read more at "Gene Clark" Coming Soon AAA From Intervention

16. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

Thanks!!

Craig and IR Shane like this.
  17. Say It Right

Say It Right Not for the Hearing Impaired

However, the upgrade from the hi rez is negated if the spine lettering is reversed.

18. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The negative sonic effects of the spine-lettering reversal is negated if you imagine the letters go the right way ... and just for good measure tape a penny to the window of your listening room just to be sure.

zongo, Blair G., Craig and 8 others like this.
  19. marcb

marcb Senior Member

No worries. Stuff happens.

I’m out of town until Friday. Will reach out to you then - with a pic.

20. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

I only have the FBB, but it does indeed smoke the original white label promo.

21. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I have no doubt the Gene Clark will also be what the Burrito Brothers IR reissue is: the definitive version of that album on vinyl. It's not a fine audiophile recording, but the Intervention comfortably shows its heels to any other pressing I've heard.

22. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

Green felt-tipped markers are the secret weapon here. Outline the periphery of that window with green, and your jaw will absolutely strike the shag carpet. Next-level weaponry.

Craig, CraigVC and IR Shane like this.
  23. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

100% Fun was a surprise , in a good way. Never heard this entire LP. Again , a stellar job by IR! Keep them coming Shane..

24. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

Hey Craig, I second that emotion. I would also love to buy a Gene Clark w/the Gosdin Brothers SACD.

zongo and IR Shane like this.
  25. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

How do you guys feel about Dillard and Clark??