New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Yes please both LPs - exactly the sort of title that I think Intervention could do a wonderful job with, and no LP reissues for a long time...

IR Shane likes this.
  2. mraulino

mraulino Forum Resident

Since Dillard & Clark is being considered, why not the Dillards’ “Wheatstraw Suite” too? Actually, I would prefer this over the Dillard & Clark, since for Dillard &Clark there’s the already-mentioned silver MFSL twofer while for Wheatstraw Suite there’s never been a real audiophile digital release (as far as I know)....

Oh, and please give us “John, The Wolf King Of L.A” by John Phillips too! SACD of course!

PhantomStranger likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I haven't announced it or made a deal for it ...

4. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

THANK YOU!

5. Taxman

Taxman Senior Member

Amazon has the three Matthew Sweet titles up for pre-order, so Amazon for those. I went direct to you for the Burrito & Clark titles.

6. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Amazon's pre-orders for Sweet aren't real. 100% Fun was out on 6/29. I think people here cancelled their pre-orders and then ordered from Amazon or me. But you should have gotten 100% Fun a couple weeks ago,

7. MCE1965

MCE1965 Senior Member

Any updates on a possible SACD of Marshall Crenshaw's "Field Day" with the US remix EP?

Mooserfan likes this.
  8. Let’s have the Joe Jackson SACD’s before we get too far ahead . . . See MFSL catalogue. :laugh:

art, TheSeldomSeenKid, Echo and 2 others like this.
  9. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

no updates

10. joeym3

joeym3 Forum Resident

Dillard & Clark's first album is my favorite Gene Clark related release! Even though the MFSL silver disc has amazing sonics, I'd be up for an SACD of either of their albums's. The Gene Clark SACD's I wish for are No Other, Gosdin Brothers & both Dillard & Clark albums. Thanks again for putting out the self titled A&M Gene Clark SACD, looking forward to buying it. Really looking forward to the second Flying Burrito Brothers SACD. But mostly I'm hoping you'll put out the two Judee Sill albums on SACD. Thank you for giving folks with an SACD player such great titles and mastering. Love this label!

picassoson likes this.
  11. Mooserfan

Mooserfan Forum Resident

Is it unlikely to happen at this point? Just wondering if I should keep my hopes up.

12. RTurner

RTurner Senior Member

Shane, I just have to ask: what about Three Dog Night??
    Iconoclassic did a fine job reissuing the first two albums on cd a few years back, with Vic Anesini mastering, but that seems to be the end of the road there.
    I believe I've read that producer Richard Podolor may have safety copies of album masters that could be great sources... has there been any thought to pursue this catalog for LP/SACD? I would buy them all, but that doesn't mean there is enough of a market to produce them. Just wondering if you have any opinions here. :cool:

MaestroDavros, DPM, JeffreyB and 3 others like this.
  13. John, The Wolf King Of L.A is a fantastic album. Better than any album the Mamas and Papas actually put out.

Stu02 and art like this.
  14. Jellis77

Jellis77 Forum Resident

Shane - I know you have had a lot of recommendations but not sure if anyone has suggested "Fotheringay" Sandy Denny's band. I think this wuld fit perfectly between the Judee Sill / Gene Clark / Burittos aesthetic and also A & M in the States, and it looks like you have a good relationship there already. Finally no LP reissue since 1986 and a really nice gatefold.... I could see this one lining up with all my other Intervention titles very easily!

15. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

+1!

Plus a vote for Fairport Convention’s “Unhalfbricking” (with original UK cover!)

16. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

17. anodyne

anodyne Forum Resident

I wish Intervention could take on the Island years of Tom Waits. The thought of Bone Machine on vinyl, done the Intervention way, is tantalizing. The recent ANTI versions of his earlier work have left a lot to be desired.

18. Yeah this would be awesome.

anodyne and IR Shane like this.
  19. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

So do I!

fitzrik, anodyne and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  20. picassoson

picassoson Forum Resident

Oh man, to have this and Fotheringay on vinyl would be amazing. Actually I’d buy any Fairport from the Sandy era done AAA. While we’re in the Fairport vein - how about Richard Thompson’s first album “Henry The Human Fly”? Or really any Richard and Linda Thompson? :shh:

21. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

Thanks Shane!!! I've had the Judee Sill cd twofer for many years, but it never really hit me. Hence I was hesitating before I pulled the trigger on the Judee Sill "S/T" 45 rpm release. But OMG this is amazing! What a wonderful sounding release.

22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Burrito Deluxe is available for PRE-ORDER NOW!

Announcement HERE.

Pre-Order 180G LP HERE.

Pre-Order SACD HERE.

23. George P

George P Way Down Now

:goodie: :pineapple: :bdance::goodie:

IR Shane likes this.
  24. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Yeaaaaaahhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! woot! :righton::D:agree:

IR Shane likes this.