New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. Gill-man

Gill-man Forum Resident

I’m not a Church fan but perhaps IR Records can set up a crowdfund for it.

Preston and stonedhenge like this.
  2. Alexandre

Alexandre Senior Member

No Church LPs = No Church SACDs ?

Why not an SACD only release?

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    arob71, Echo, art and 1 other person like this.
  3. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Yeah, I understand and he's gotta do whats good for keeping the venture going. But if a competing release in the same format (vinyl) is the issue, does that not mean that an SACD instead might be viable? I know Shane has said vinyl sales dwarf SACD for him. But maybe its an option in an instance like this. I'm only a mild Church fan, so I wouldn't go for vinyl, but probably would an SACD.

4. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I know at least 10 people that would immediatly purchase an AAA Intervention cut of Starfish. I would gladly preorder right now if I could!

5. ChrisScooter1

ChrisScooter1 Forum Resident

I'd purchase the SACD, but not vinyl right now. My vinyl collection and turntable are currently in storage. Too bad about this.

art likes this.
  6. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

@IR Shane : Please, please, please figure out a way to get this out. Kickstarter, Pledge Music, etc.... whatever it takes!!

7. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member

Make that 11

IR Shane, stonedhenge and jimhb like this.
  8. Eigenvector

Eigenvector Forum Resident

Make that 11 now! :D

Edit: Someone beat me to it. It's now 12!

IR Shane, stonedhenge and jimhb like this.
  9. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I'd buy "Starfish" and "Heyday" on vinyl, no doubt about that.

10. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I would buy any Intervention release that went from the beginning of The Church to Priest = Aura.

SJP, J.A., IR Shane and 4 others like this.
  11. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I can dig that, but the majority of buyers would probably focus on those two, at least in many markets - especially "Starfish".

IR Shane likes this.
  12. George P

George P Notable Member

Amen!!

Erick Haight and Echo like this.
  13. Echo

Echo Forum Resident

Please The Church at SACD! I'm sick of all those clasic rock titles for the pensionados among us. Desperately seeking for great albums of the "80s, '90s and even younger...:agree:

JeffMo and art like this.
  14. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

I can't say how disappointed I am to read about the Starfish fiasco. Starfish was going to be my first IR purchase. I don't much care for any of the stuff released so far, but The Church is another matter. I'm in Australia, but most definitely won't be buying any digitally remastered 30th anniversary piece of c**p from EMI/Universal. Looks like I'll have to go back to my plan A (find a decent original on Discogs).

On the other hand, I also would be happy to pay in advance for an IR Starfish, or any other AAA Church LP that IR may release. Shane, can you please make something like this happen?

15. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

@irshane here’s another vote for The Church on SACD! All of it = yes!

art, IR Shane, jimhb and 1 other person like this.
  16. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

I want to support this label so much, but I hate to admit it, the Church was the only thing on the label I was really interested in. That's a pity that they're (perhaps inadvertently) cutting into your market. I would gladly shell out big-time for the Starfish release, especially all-analog with bonus tracks. Hell, this is actually the first confirmation I've read that Starfish is actually an analog recording! It's a pity to hear that they're releasing their own 30th anniversary edition, probably cut from the same awful CD masters from 2005, but it's even more of a pity that undoubtedly the best this album is ever going to sound is now in jeopardy of disappearing forever. :cry:

Even if it's some kind of super-limited-edition release, I will buy this because I want to support this label (and I want to get an all-analog Starfish!). I don't know if Intervention's SACDs are hybrids, but if they are, I'll buy 20 copies if it can guarantee the release! (I did ask previously, and rather obliquely, if the cost of having a hybrid SACD was prohibitive, but I never got a response and didn't rephrase the question, so I guess now's as good a time as any. If the Church albums get released with dynamics and I can't play them......)

It seems like every time something good happens to the Church catalog, it gets destroyed just as quickly. Sigh...

Due to the nature of this thread, I'm not following/watching it, but if there's updated information about this, please quote my message or use the @ tag to inform me... I would love for this to turn around!!

factory44, art, jimhb and 1 other person like this.
  17. Blair G.

Blair G. Senior Member

Good point, I should have clarified it was the SACD I was/am looking forward to

18. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

I’m not adverse to begging and groveling for The Church release. Just saying.

J.A., IR Shane, ad180 and 1 other person like this.
  19. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

I can confirm the SACDs are hybrid. I have the Billy Squier in addition to having ordered all the Matthew Sweet SACDs. Never mind that the IR website confirms this too! My fingers are crossed that this can happen somehow.

InStepWithTheStars likes this.
  20. i would buy the SACD as well. It’s a pity that they are doing another reissue for the 30th anninversary. I love The Church but their discography has been scewed up by subpar remasters. If this doesn’t come to fruition I will be disappointed but could understand.

art and AlienRendel like this.
  21. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

All this Church talk got me to pulling out all my old Arista promo vinyl. Found this gem in the crates! Interview and acoustic tracks. These would be a great bonus for any IR release... please @irshane... I know you have business decisions to consider but please... look into my pleading, desperately pleading green eyes and tell me this can happen. Did I say please... pretty please?

Dammit... the picture won’t post! In the picture is a really sweet promo vinyl called “Sum Of The Parts” on side A is an interview with the band and on side B is live acoustic performances of Under The Milky Way, Antenna and Spark.

How do you post pictures here? Ugh!!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2018
    jimhb and ad180 like this.
  22. Suedebelly

Suedebelly Forum Resident

Shane - Here’s another passionate plea for an SACD of Starfish (as I’m not a vinyl guy). I’ll pre-order or donate via crowd-funding or sell magazine subscriptions door-to-door in order to get an SACD of Starfish. I think you’ll find that there is a pretty strong following of Church fans who would be all over any SACDs of their releases.

art, InStepWithTheStars and dobyblue like this.
  23. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

mattydork likes this.
  24. mattydork

mattydork Forum Resident

eelkiller likes this.
  25. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Both are rare so be glad you have a copy. :) The CD was over $40 when it was first listed back in the 80's, glad I grabbed a copy.

mattydork likes this.