New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Much stronger overall IMO. Better songs & production compared to The Key.
    Count me in for the SACD if it does materialize.

art, JeffreyB and IR Shane like this.
  2. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

It's still there, it just couldn't open a side as it did on original LP since we moved to spreading the repertoire out over three sides.

lpfreak1170 and AlienRendel like this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Joan will be on SACD too.

4. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Sorry if I wasn't clear...I meant the second bit of it that closes the album. The first bit that always started side 2 was "He's a God now"...the album ender was "The period of mourning is now over!".

IR Shane likes this.
  5. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I have some devastating news to report I'm afraid. This morning there was a fire in the suite directly above mine, where I store and ship all my LPs and SACDs from. The sprinklers did what they are supposed to do and stopped the fire, but flooded out my suite. I won't know the full extent of the damage to my inventory, but it looks to be significant if not *total.*

And yes, by that I mean that ALL of my inventory might be gone. Just like that.

The fire department got tarps over all of the shelving units where the records are stored, and I've not been allowed to look under or remove them yet. The cleanup company says we'll look and assess either later tonight or tomorrow. The stuff has not been getting wetter, but it also hasn't been opened and whatever might be good is stuck under there and potentially getting damaged too.

I will keep you all posted. Keep your fingers crossed for me.

No one was there at the time at any of the suites, so there were no injuries.

6. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Oh, Shane. So sorry. That's heartbreaking.

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  7. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member

Damn -- I am really sorry to hear that. Hope you're all covered and can get back up and running soon.

8. doublenaught

doublenaught Forum Resident

I'm very sorry about your loss. I just finished listening to Altered Beast which I received today, then I read this bad news. Hopefully your insurance company will take care of this quickly.

IR Shane likes this.
  9. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Bad news. Does this affect any forth coming Gene Clark/Flying Burrito Brothers/Matthew Sweet releases or just past releases?

IR Shane and George P like this.
  10. stonedhenge

stonedhenge Forum Resident

@IR Shane very sorry to read this sad news, Shane. At least no-one was hurt and it's only material damage. Stay strong and I hope you recover from this setback quickly.

polchik, IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  11. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Oh jeez, that's horrible. Here's hoping you can recover enough to get by. Is it still possible to print more?

12. When reading this I seriously said out loud “whatttt!?” I am so sorry to hear this. I am definitely hoping for the best for you. Very glad there were no injuries, too!

polchik, IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  13. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

What rotten news. Hope things are made right soon.

This is what insurance is for, and not necessarily yours but that of the tenant in the suite above. The liability must rest there and they should be held responsible.

Your coverage might pay your claim but will subrogate against the responsible party. Good luck, we are all pulling for you, I’m certain.

Last edited: Sep 23, 2018
    agentalbert and Joti Cover like this.
  14. Dok

Dok Senior Member

Good grief, what a headache. Just unbelievable. Keep us apprised of further developments when you can Shane. Here's hoping at least some of the inventory can be saved.

15. I am so sorry to hear, Shane. I can't even imagine...

Have a touch of class, SH forumites... Please don't anyone ask stupid questions about releases; allow this awesome entrepreneur get a handle of what's happened first.

16. Joti Cover

Joti Cover Forum Resident

I’m hugely sorry to hear your devastating news, Shane, but wishing you best possible outcome. Stay strong.

17. This is incredibly unfortunate to hear, Shane. What terrible news. I hope you can salvage some of the inventory from this disaster. Running a label is never easy and then accidents like this come out of nowhere, threatening everything.

You know everyone here is rooting for you and IR to pull through this nasty surprise.

18. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

That is horrible, horrible news - a fire is such a shocking way to realize how precarious our lives really can be. The forum is pulling for you!

19. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

Shane, I am so sorry. Maybe you can do what Graveface did when their inventory was ruined. We will support you.

Here is what Graveface did:

Graveface Records prepares donation raffle to recover from flood

factory44, polchik and IR Shane like this.
  20. Andy Pandy

Andy Pandy Forum Resident

So sorry to hear Shane.

IR Shane likes this.
  21. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Terrible news- hope you can recover quickly from this loss. Don't sweat the small stuff...you have great products and support within the community. Be well

IR Shane likes this.
  22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Thanks for letting us know about this bad news, @IR Shane . I hope that the insurance compan(ies) involved will be quick and reasonable in their claim reimbursement to help Intervention Records recover quickly, so that this disruption of income flow could be as brief as possible for you.

Blair G., polchik, IR Shane and 2 others like this.
  23. DeRosa

DeRosa Vinyl Forever

Geeze Shane, that is terrible! Can you find a smile in the irony that you just posted the
    interview on Vinyl Emergency? Life can be cruel.

Episode 90: Intervention Records Founder and CEO Shane Buettner

IR Shane likes this.
  24. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Horrifying news, i'm very sorry.

IR Shane likes this.
  25. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

Shane, I'm so sorry to hear about the news. I hope you recover quickly and IR thrives!

Joti Cover, IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.