New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I was thinking why lose the IR brand of quality (recognizing it is quality on many fronts not just the 180) by going full Imprint. Maybe instead just note that it is a IR "Value Pick", or I like your "Nice Price" or even what it is IR "Regular Weight". MFSL I guess does this to a degree with the Original Master Recording or MFSL banner.

IR Shane likes this.
  2. marka

marka Forum Resident

All great ideas UNLESS 180 is part of your branding. If your branding is quality, but not necessarily 180, that’s fine, too.

3. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

Yes that is the side I was taking, 180 shouldn't drive the brand to the exclusion of all the other quality associated with the IR brand. Shane's call of course, I just wanted to give him some feedback. It should be noted I have not owned vinyl in 30 years so maybe I'm not the best guy to give feedback!

googlymoogly and IR Shane like this.
  4. marka

marka Forum Resident

Wow, 30 years huh?

bmoregnr likes this.
  5. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

I was in college mid to late 80's so probably a combination of a pedestrian high-school college vinyl set-up, a bunch of lower grade vinyl for sale everywhere, then the CD buy in probably for surface noise alone. Maybe Jr. year in college I started moving around a lot in smaller apartments, internships in other cities in the summer etc.; I'll have to check with him but likely by younger brother got it all-- maybe 100 albums nothing too large-- and then went so far down that digital road in and out of the loudness wars, always living in cities, so by now don't have to room or patience to do it right.

There is a bar around the corner that plays a lot of vinyl out of maybe a Technics, Yamaha, Polk set up and I have a ball listening to it there, but well mastered stuff gets me close enough I guess; hi res also helps in my setups. I have a lot of respect for people that do vinyl right because it sure looks like a commitment and a half, but as evidenced in the thread quite a lot of well deserved love abound.

ggjjr, googlymoogly and marka like this.
  6. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

with all the construction going on at 1060 W. Addison the last couple of years, you probably can't hear **** anyway.

bmoregnr and IR Shane like this.
  7. marka

marka Forum Resident

I do both, and sometimes CDs make sense at any one time, but once you have the basic setup for that, it’s not much more effort for vinyl. And sometimes, though not always, the payback in terms of SQ can be huge.

bmoregnr likes this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Are you on our mailing list? IT was at the top of the newsletter that went out Friday the 16th, code is CyberMonday.

hutlock, Juggsnelson and Tullman like this.
  9. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Do you send out a newsletter every week? I didn't get one last week. Checking my emails, the last one I got was in July. I have ordered a bunch from you, and I've received order/shipping confirmation emails. Since I order directly from you, Shane, wouldn't I be on your mailing list?

I also wanted to say that I enjoyed your Facebook answering questions video a few days ago. Take care! :tiphat:

Juggsnelson and IR Shane like this.
  10. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

I guess not....I will go sign-up now! And order some more stuff!

IR Shane likes this.
  11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No, not that frequently. Monthly, plus as needed. We are respectful. Check your junk folder, or sign back up.

JeffreyB likes this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I'm working on an official and larger update but I do want to inform his group, Girlfriend's street date is 12/21. This is very realistic, if it slips it will be days not weeks. All the print is in- we had to take two stabs at the art files for the jackets to NAIL it, and THREE tries at the center labels. When dealing with that iconic image of Tuesday Weld, it's got be AMAZING. And it is.

I still don't have approved SACD refs for Altered Beast, so I can't put a date on it. I thought this would be fast and done already. All said, late January seems plausible, sooner if there's any way.

I still believe that Burrito Deluxe SACDs will come before the LP, which I would tentatively place in late January/early Feb (print is done, waiting to see the jacket with my own eyes, the red foil not he cover is going AMAZE!) but Universal has changed their production process so I won't even know when I can get an order placed until this coming week. Again, SACDs are much quicker in production and this was not anticipated.

I'll more have to say officially soon, just wanted this group updated officially since I mentioned someone of this in a recent video!

Kyhl, snkcube, art and 21 others like this.
  13. varyat

varyat Forum Resident

Thanks for the update Shane- much appreciated. i'm really looking forward to Girlfriend. You did a nice job on the video btw...

IR Shane and George P like this.
  14. JeffreyB

JeffreyB Senior Member

Signed up! :D

IR Shane likes this.
  15. jlf

jlf Forum Resident

I wish every album could sound as wonderful as IR’s pressings. Every listen is such a joy. Thanks @IR Shane!

IR Shane likes this.
  16. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Amusement Park? I'm guessing you're talking Elitch's but Lakeside would have been even more awesome.

jhm likes this.
  17. Philo

Philo Music Maven

So What is the Cyber Monday deal?

IR Shane likes this.
  18. bajaed

bajaed Forum Resident

It was Lakeside. My wife is from Wheat Ridge.

jhm and clhboa like this.
  19. clhboa

clhboa Forum Resident

Man, that is wild! I love going to Lakeside. About ten years ago I saw The Pretenders, ZZ Top and The Stray Cats at Red Rocks. Chrissie Hynde was talking on stage how her and Billy Gibbons went to Lakeside and rode rides the night before. Seeing Dwight play at Lakeside has to have been cool!

IR Shane and bajaed like this.
  20. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

30% off all individual LPs, not including bundles and already-sale titles.

21. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

LPs only or SACDs as well?

jimhb and IR Shane like this.
  22. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Absolutely SACDs too.

PhantomStranger likes this.
  23. InStepWithTheStars

InStepWithTheStars It's a miracle, let it alter you

Thanks. Not sure if that applies to preorders too, but damn it, I'm going to make good on my promise either way.

24. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Nice!!

IR Shane likes this.
  25. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

So how do I get this discount?