New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. I'd settle for 98% perfect.

2. Bought the Burritos album and just wanted to say how much I wish all reissues were done like this - fab sound and, oh man, the cover - tip on AND glossy! Simply wonderful. Great work guys, please keep them coming!

3. gslasor

gslasor Forum Resident

Alright ... Here's an idea for a reissue : Tom Waits - Bone Machine. Was done on release in 1992 but is now quite expensive and at 55 minutes should really be a double album (Duke-long sides!). Good recording though and might be his best album, IMO.

scotth, sully12, jumpinjulian and 8 others like this.
  4. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

My entry into the "suggest an album" sweepstakes would be the 1971 English-language album by Michel Pagliaro. Would fit nicely alongside the Stealers Wheel stuff already reissued on IR, and it's long overdue for wider recognition. Plus just look at that cover!

Revolver, gabbleratchet7 and IR Shane like this.
  5. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

Yes!!

IR Shane likes this.
  6. johnnypaddock

johnnypaddock Senior Member

Perfect suggestion. I'm amazed that this one hasn't been done yet.

:cheers:

scotth, IR Shane, jimhb and 2 others like this.
  7. sully12

sully12 Forum Resident

Just received and played my IR the Gilded Palace of Sin. Add me to the long list of appreciative and rave reviews on this release. Top notch packaging, pressing and sound. Congrats Shane, looking forward to more titles!

jumpinjulian and IR Shane like this.
  8. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I LOVe Bone Machine!

gslasor, lpfreak1170 and googlymoogly like this.
  9. Looking forward to Joe Jackson's Summer in the City, @IR Shane . Can you provide any more details?
    Is Volume IV in the works (still)?
    I love the other JJ offerings, so tell me, have you heard at all from Joe's camp about their thoughts of the reissue program & focus you have put on his music?

10. Further

Further Forum Resident

My copy of The Gilded Palace Of Sin finally arrived! It took amazon.ca a few weeks to finally secure me a copy and thank God they did!

My God, what a fabulous sounding cut this is! I was anticipating it sounding good after all the positive reviews but I wasn't ready for this. Absolutely astounding! It's like listening to this album for the first time. The clarity of everything is unbelievable. Everything is perfectly balanced. I can finally hear the bass! This is now one of the best sounding records I own and the last copy of this album I will ever need to buy.

Thank you so much, Shane and Kevin for finally giving this album the treatment it deserves. I couldn't be happier and it was more than worth the wait.

11. Electric

Electric The Medium is the Massage

ImportCDs now shows a release date of July 7 for the Burritos SACD.

IR Shane likes this.
  12. whaiyun

whaiyun Forum Resident

@IR Shane Any chance we can see Liz Phair's Exile or Eagles' Hell Freezes Over?

aseriesofsneaks likes this.
  13. aseriesofsneaks

aseriesofsneaks Forum Resident

I would love to see a reissue of Exile in Guyville, especially given that next year marks its 25th anniversary. A reissue of Liz's whitechocolatespaceegg would also be welcome, given that the original pressing crammed 50+ minutes onto a single LP and suffers for it.

14. Guitarded

Guitarded Forum Resident

My Burrito Bros. LP should get here, monday.

Very excited for this one. Shane does an amazing job with his releases.

IR Shane likes this.
  15. Satrus

Satrus Forum Resident

I bought the Burritos' LP and Joe Jackson's 'Look Sharp' while on a recent trip to Germany. I haven't listened in depth ... yet, but early observations are very favourable indeed. Worth the money, €44.95 and €41.95 respectively, for sure. Shane somehow gets RTI to do a better pressing job for him than other audiophile labels, at least in my experience? Having said that however, I am quite impressed with the job RTI did on my copy of 'John Prine' which came out as part of Rhino's 'Start Your Ear off Right' campaign in January. It feels so good when you get nice records!:)

IR Shane likes this.
  16. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

That's a little ambitious but it has moved forward. I'll post more when I know.

Electric and GetHappy!! like this.
  17. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Everything to know about Summer in the City can be found here, other than a final price which is being determined: Intervention Records | Albums

It is a double 33, I'm anticipating $45. I've been playing the test pressings for people at the LA Audio Show and people are amazed!

Volume IV did not work out I'm afraid, but there are other requests in play. This place is always the first to know!

NorthNY Mark likes this.
  18. Blue Cactus

Blue Cactus Forum Resident

Hint, hint. :D

[​IMG]

19. Doctorwu

Doctorwu Senior Member

Hi Shane,

Do you have a rough idea when will the Judee Sill reissues be available, i'm saving money!

IR Shane likes this.
  20. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

It's been a while so I will once again toss this idea out there:

Son Volt - Okemah and the Melody of Riot

Still never available on vinyl....

21. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

I am going to look into this.

22. varitone

varitone Forum Resident

Any chance of Ferguslie Park Hybrid SACD?

23. NorthNY Mark

NorthNY Mark Senior Member

Looks great! I'm sorta shocked to realize this album is 17 years old!

IR Shane likes this.
  24. spaulding

spaulding Hoi Polloi

Awesome - I'd love updates even it comes back in the negative.
    This release would be great if it included the single "Joe Citizen Blues" which was released for this title but not included on the official CD.
    Note what Farrar did with his double vinyl release "On Chant and Strum" - including 8 bonus tracks to make it a double lp and much improved release over the original "The Search."
    I'm guessing he and the label would be amenable.

anodyne and IR Shane like this.
  25. That's too bad on the Vol IV deal, @IR Shane . I am encouraged that you were able to get an agreement with Sony Classical though. I think the aspect of securing rights is completely lost on most of us.

NorthNY Mark and IR Shane like this.