New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. bruce2

bruce2 Forum Resident

I hope so but noticed that Acoustic Sounds now lists the Burritos SACD as a November release.

Electric likes this.
  2. George P

George P Notable Member

Elusive Disc currently says Expected on: 10/20/2017

bruce2 likes this.
  3. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

No idea but most likely next Spring.

4. Bods1968

Bods1968 Forum Resident

Hi Shane,
    First time posting on this site. Just wanted to say thank you for all the terrific sounding and beautiful looking albums. I have a half dozen of them (Stealers Wheel, Joe Jackson, Joe Walsh). Great news regarding Matthew Sweet. I hope you can get Girlfriend, one of my favourites. I was never really blown away by the Classic reissues and Girlfriend I have but only on CD. A couple of suggestions, Toy Matinee, Blue Rodeo - Five Days in July (a great album that the sounds pretty damn good on CD but the double vinyl left me some what disappointed. I really think that Kevin could make this album a killer, demo sounding record. I'm pretty sure it was recorded all analogue in a barn believe it or not). How about FM Black Noise. I will be picking up Nigel Lived, and the Judee Sill records shortly. Thanks for also making yourself available on this forum and providing us with all the wonderful information. Cheers and all the best!

bmoregnr and IR Shane like this.
  5. Clonesteak

Clonesteak Forum Resident

I will forever share Nigel Lived to every human being I come in contact with that has an interest in music. This album and release is that good. This will be my go to album on IR to demonstrate the pure awesomeness of vinyl.
    Out of the ballpark for sure!!!

6. @IR Shane, you ever think about any country music titles? I think there are some gems out there from 80s and 90s that could use the IR treatment. Lots of it was digitally recorded but Dwight Yoakam stuff was analog (I believe), maybe some Marty Stuart titles as well. Just some thoughts, country never gets much love!

7. I'd love that! Dwight Yoakam's This Time would be a hit!
    I'd love some Tom Russell, Dave Alvin, Robert Earl Keen & Chris Smither, but I doubt they could make any profit unfortunately.
    However Cowboy Junkies and Lyle Lovett might

8. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I don't think that many of Dwight's recordings have ever been straight analog, perhaps not since his first album. He may have started some of those projects with analog recording, but it was usually then dumped to digital for final editing and mixing, I believe. It doesn't mean they sound bad, though.

IR Shane and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  9. Makes sense to me. Either way, a nicely done hi-Rez cut could be impressive, too. Similar to the care that was put into the Everclear albums.

IR Shane and googlymoogly like this.
  10. canada_toque

canada_toque Forum Resident

I feel like this was probably covered before but early 90s Chris Isaak is just begging for proper treatment.

11. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

Fascinating idea.

LoveandTheft and Ryan_Pretzel like this.
  12. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

YES! 80s and early 90s. I'm a bay area guy, saw Isaak a lot in my teens and 20s and just saw him up here in WA a couple years ago!

13. IR Shane

IR Shane Forum Resident

The discs are on the way to me. Exact on-sale will be announced soon! thanks for holding tight!

14. George P

George P Notable Member

:goodie:

15. jimhb

jimhb Forum Resident

SuntoryTime likes this.
  16. Randy S

Randy S Ibuprofen junkie In Memoriam

ED shows 11/17 release for Field Day, is that correct @IR Shane? Very excited about this one as I love the music but have never been very happy with the sound. The remix seems more airy and lots more bass it would be fabulous if the original album sounded more like that.

17. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

The Judee Sill LPs and Murray Head are very nicely done and have been new discoveries for me. I'm not hesitant to try releases I find a bit obscure on this label because I know they'll be good content wise and executed to near perfection.

One record I wouldn't mind seeing done is the soundtrack from a little known movie called The Missouri Breaks. It has amazing sound but quiet copies are hard to find. I'm not sure it would be a big enough seller but it could certainly turn out to be demo quality if done right.

IR Shane likes this.
  18. Gabe Walters

Gabe Walters Forum Resident

This has probably come up before in this long thread, but how about Stephen Malkmus' solo records? His self-titled debut and Pig Lib were released during vinyl's nadir, and used copies in good condition are hard to come by and pricey.

IR Shane likes this.
  19. Randy S

Randy S Ibuprofen junkie In Memoriam

How about Cracker S/T? Good candidate for the 45 RPM treatment.

20. Evan Dando and/or the Lemonheads would sound tasty on well-mastered vinyl and SACD.

21. 0476pearljam

0476pearljam Forum Resident

Perhaps, you could try to locate the master tapes of PP Arnold's two immediate records (the first lady of immediate and Kafunta ) released in 1968...they are very difficult to find on the second hand market, are never properly reissued or reissued at all since more than 30 years, and it could attract some interest from the classic-rock people (connection to the stones, small faces ) and from soul addict...

22. Preston

Preston Forum Resident

And all the Camper Van Beethoven albums would be awesome as well!

IR Shane, Randy S and googlymoogly like this.
  23. MikeT

MikeT Prior Forum Cretin and Current Impatient Creep

Those looking for the Joe Jackson "Summer In The City" Intervention release - it is on sale now at Amazon.com and Elusive Disc!! I have been waiting for this one, and I should have it by Friday via Amazon Prime shipping.

24. sonofjim

sonofjim Senior Member

Yep, got mine coming too. Haven’t missed an Intervention release yet and I don’t plan to.

IR Shane likes this.
  25. thepigdog

thepigdog Music and beer

They have been teasing me with the release date for The Gilded Palace of Sin for quite a while. I am looking forward to it though, I will not be discouraged.

art and IR Shane like this.