New Record Label: Intervention Records

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by chosenhandle, Aug 6, 2015.

1. sacsongs

sacsongs Senior Member

Here is an example of great customer service from Shane. Order placed on Sunday and within 2 hours receive a shipment confirmation. Shane, THAT's world class customer service. This level of service coupled with absolutely amazing quality releases (on all fronts), one can only hope you continue to be successful. Dale

2. googlymoogly

googlymoogly Forum Resident

I see on the publicity blurbs for the Matthew Sweet albums that labels are printed by Dorado...is this kind of multisourcing a part of the vinyl gig nowadays, or something you do to expedite production?

IR Shane likes this.
  3. TheeGory

TheeGory Forum Resident

Can’t wait!!

IR Shane likes this.
  4. Claus

Claus Senior Member

Shawn, do you have a release date of 100% Fun and Girlfriend (SACD) ???

George P likes this.
  5. Claus

Claus Senior Member

I got the info..... before I ask, I should visit the website first :o

IR Shane likes this.
  6. Bods1968

Bods1968 Forum Resident

Hi Shane,
    Put my purchase in yesterday for the Matthew Sweet package. It's going to be really tough to wait until the fall for Girlfriend on AAA vinyl. Another suggestion, how about Matthew's Kimi Ga Suki on vinyl. Even the lower priced vinyl if you think that maybe there is a bit of a risk to putting this album out . Maybe a few of the forum members that have heard the album can speak up, but it seems that this album is held in fairly high regard. Anyways I hope you sell a ton! It's criminal that Matthew didn't make it big. Great songs, great lyrics, awesome harmonies and wonderful musicians on every album. Keep up the great work and all the best!

7. lpfreak1170

lpfreak1170 Senior Member

I would LOVE to have Kimi Ga Suki on vinyl...great album!

IR Shane and Bods1968 like this.
  8. ad180

ad180 Forum Resident

While we’re on the Matthew Sweet records, how about the Under The Covers records without the hard limiting? :)

IR Shane, lpfreak1170, Echo and 2 others like this.
  9. TheeGory

TheeGory Forum Resident

Just putting this out there:

SUEDE - Dog Man Star

I have no idea if this was recorded digitally but the material is incredible and an audiophile reissue would sell extremely well, I’m certain.

10. ellingtonic

ellingtonic Forum Resident

How many of us jumped on the Matthew Sweet pre-order?

IR Shane and lpfreak1170 like this.
  11. lpfreak1170

Masterpiece!!

TheSeldomSeenKid and TheeGory like this.
  12. lpfreak1170

Got my bundle ordered.

IR Shane likes this.
  13. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Arista actually did a nice sounding 2LP release of Sometime Anywhere, but certainly nothing after that saw a vinyl release until U23.

TheeGory likes this.
  14. AlienRendel

AlienRendel Senior Member

Just heard my first Intervention release - the SACD of "Gilded Palace of Sin" - really nice sounding. Certainly the clearest I've ever heard the bass on this recording, without being overwhelming. The stereo separation on the vocals is very dramatic.

IR Shane likes this.
  15. googlymoogly

I did. Really looking forward to spinning them!

IR Shane likes this.
  16. Frank Field

Frank Field Forum Resident

Me too

IR Shane likes this.
  17. sennj

sennj I'm slower than I look...

Ordered the vinyl set last night.

I'll convince myself that I don't need the SACDs until they also arrive at my door...

IR Shane likes this.
  18. Alan G

Alan G More A Lurker Than A Poster

To those that preordered the vinyl bundle....were you charged shipping? I thought you got free shipping with the bundle but when I was ordering it tried to charge me. Thanks for any input!

Alan

19. googlymoogly

My charge was for $135 flat, shipping stated to be included in the pre-order package. Email them, I'm sure they'll sort it out for you.

IR Shane likes this.
  20. Hershiser

Hershiser Forum Resident

$135 flat for me as well. No shipping charges.

IR Shane likes this.
  21. zardozislove

zardozislove Senior Member

I completely spaced on that, which is really sad because I own it.

izgoblin, IR Shane and AlienRendel like this.
  22. CraigVC

CraigVC Senior Member

Was anyone's credit card charged for the Matthew Sweet pre-orders? I wasn't expecting that (I've got pre-ordered MFSL SACDs from Music Direct that are over a year old, and those won't charge my credit card until they actually ship).

If that's the expected thing with IR pre-orders (to be charged in advance for items not yet manufactured, packed, and shipped), I recommend that it be clearly mentioned in the product description, since it's not something that always happens with pre-orders.

Craig.

IR Shane likes this.
  23. googlymoogly

Yes, mine was already charged. I hear what you're saying, but unlike MFSL, you're not very likely to have to sit on a charge for a year or two at a time with this label. Intervention has been pretty good with their release forecasts. The first release in the Matthew Sweet reissues is due in about a month's time, give or take. It might not be a bad idea for IR to note in the pre-order blurb that your payment source is going to be debited at the time of ordering, but I'm not worried about being bilked for the cost.

IR Shane and TheeGory like this.
  24. Rocketdog

Rocketdog Senior Member

The reason being for this is because it's in conjunction with a PledgeMusic project. Generally, that means the artist/label is looking to get the money upfront to cover production and licensing costs (with the latter depending on who owns the rights) so they can actually make it and get it out to you. They can't do that without raising the funds first, unlike other releases, where the cost of manufacturing something has already been factored in and paid for ahead of time by whatever (MFSL, of whomever) company is making it.

For example, let's say BMG were the ones doing these Matthew Sweet re-issues. Well, if they already own the rights, they don't have to pay any licensing fees. They just have to pay to have someone remaster them (which they may be able to do in-house and keep costs down) and then whatever manufacturing costs would go into actually making them. However BMG is a huge multi-million dollar business, and they have the kind of huge budget to pay for all of this in advance, so they can take your pre-order and still bill you later when the items are ready to ship. They can afford to wait and make their money back.

On the other hand, someone like Intervention doesn't have near the same type of monetary budget that BMG does. They also have to foot the bill for liscensing from BMG, plus re-mastering, plus manufacturing...etc. In order to be able to make this stuff, they need to get money from other sources to pay for it. The best way to do that, and gauge demand, is to have the audience for the project help foot the bill ahead of time, instead of after the fact. Hence, why you get charged now instead of later.

IR Shane likes this.
  25. googlymoogly

Shane will correct me if I'm wrong, and I very well may be, but I think his website sales are a separate entity from any PledgeMusic deals (in other words, PM is just another venue for sales, as it was for the Marshall Crenshaw release on PM, and not his primary funding and sales site). I believe he is simply looking to retain more of his sales via his own site.

IR Shane likes this.