New Roger Waters album "Is This The Life We Really Want?" - June 2, 2017

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by AlanDistro, Feb 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

His guitar sounds atrocious. Love the tune.

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  2. Tanqueray

Tanqueray Forum Resident

I love this album. Roger Waters music ive always been a major fan

3. eflatminor

eflatminor Forum Resident

That would be odd. Of course, having an interest in an artist (a very significant interest) at a young age that later falters is a different matter. There's still an interest, just not a positive one. I'll assume you're not suggesting only positive posts should be allowed.

4. Stephen Gleadall

Stephen Gleadall Forum Resident

I used to have turntable years ago and still have those albums tucked away, and I can't wait to experience ITTLWRW on vinyl so am sure it won't be too long before I invest.

5. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

yesterday..Barcelona, Spain....Roger Waters started the European "leg" for his tour with two concerts,,Friday and Saturday...... some images..( sorry for the quality)

In some parts I believed I was in a concert from Donald Trump and his All Stars Band..he appeared more times in the screens tan Roger.. :D

By the way..amazing concert...even he seemed happy..!!!

Offtopic...already spoken other times but..... I don´t understand ..people in first lines..with Golden ( very expensive) tickets.. recording all the concert with the phone...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 15, 2018
  6. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

By the way.. WARNING ..I dont Know the "configuration" of the stage for other venues...but here in Barcelona..if you were directly in the seats opposite in front of the stage...you can´t see anything for the giant screens ...the screens were placed to be seen from the lateral seats..( as you can see in the pics)

Adam Bosman likes this.
  7. Nick Brook

Nick Brook Forum Resident

Great pics , glad you enjoyed the show.

8. Deek57

Deek57 Forum Resident

I have purposely bought seats in the seventh row just left of centre so I don't have an obstructed view of the stage by that thing hanging down..

9. Adam Bosman

Adam Bosman Forum Resident

I bought these seats for the Minneapolis show last year, assuming they would be great. Couldn't see most of the monitors or the 'show' from the sides of the arena where most of the visuals were guided.

10. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Closing in on a year since this was released, and I can honestly say this stands up as my favourite of his solo albums - and is also better than a lot of Floyd work - by a very wide margin. I used to be enamoured with Amused To Death and still enjoy it, but Is This The Life is so much better now. Even the bits that are not musically accurate (the 'oh, rhapsody' bit of 'The Last Refugee' for example) are magical.

Who needs guitar solos? Pah.

11. stem

stem Forum Resident

I agree with you.
    I would never have expected it, but I now think this is actually his best solo album.

12. PDK

PDK Forum Resident

No one will be surprised that I totally agree with the last two posts.

I'd love to see the production team on this work with DG... or both. (Band and producer)

Stunning album for me. Remarkable.

13. scotti

scotti Forum Resident

Ok, love this album, but "Amused To Death" is on another level big time! With that said, will fire up the vinyl of this later on tonight and see how it has aged...it was one of my top two albums last year. I will admit, his music has a wonderful way of sneaking up on you and saying, HELLO!

14. brownsound2112

brownsound2112 Forum Resident

It’s the best Floyd related record since The Wall, for me.

PDK likes this.
  15. 2scoops

2scoops Forum Resident

Currently a bargain at £4.87 on Amazon UK (marketplace seller fulfilled by Amazon)

16. plextor

plextor Forum Resident

It has certainly held up well over the last year. I'm not the biggest Roger solo fan, I find the Wall/Final cut way to boring and prodding but this album is really good and is very musically interesting.

17. rontoon

rontoon Animaniac

Still trying but can't seem to get through/past "The Most Beautiful Girl". I like it up to that point.

ohnothimagen and Zeki like this.
  18. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

If I really enjoy "Is This The Life We Really Want?" but don't care much for The Wall or The Final Cut would I enjoy Waters other solo albums?

19. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Hard to say -- but if you haven't given Pink Floyd's Animals a good listen in a while (or ever), that would be my recommendation.

malcolm reynolds likes this.
  20. malcolm reynolds

malcolm reynolds Handsome, Humble, Genius

I love Animals, probably my second favorite Floyd album behind Meddle. Play it a lot.

tinnox, ohnothimagen and DaverJ like this.
  21. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Animals a great one.

I wouldn't be too confident that you would like other Waters' solo though, especially if you were turned off of Floyd during Wall/Final Cut. This new one sort of digs back to the mid-70s Floyd much more than his other solo albums.

PDK and malcolm reynolds like this.
  22. Psychedelic Good Trip

Psychedelic Good Trip Beautiful Psychedelic Colors Everywhere

I have my hangups with Roger over the years but ITTLWRW needed to sink in several times. Organically its worked for me. Feelings of happiness and sadness but it works well just like Rogers past successes.

Zeki and PDK like this.
  23. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

I'll go out on a limb and predict that if you don't like The Final Cut then you definitely won't like The Pros and Cons of Hitch Hiking as it musically feels like a sequel with similar motifs. Eric Clapton plays lead guitar on it though, so your mileage may vary.

24. questrider

questrider Forum Resident

ohnothimagen likes this.
  25. ohnothimagen

ohnothimagen "Live music is better!"

"The Most Beautiful Girl..." is the only song on the album I don't like.
    Try giving Amused To Death a go:righton:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.