New Rush 5.1 Releases (Sector 1, 2, 3 Boxsets)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Simon_LDT, Oct 7, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. full moon

full moon Forum Resident

The Signals stereo PCM sounds quite good on the dvd

DiabloG and tcj like this.
  2. kevin5brown

kevin5brown Analog or bust.

Not as good as the original Anthem CD IMO. :)

3. DiabloG

DiabloG City Pop, Rock, and anything 80s til I die

I agree with you on the Signals 5.1, but I find the alternate mixes interesting (probably because Signals is my favorite album of all time).

Audiowannabee and tcj like this.
  4. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Bumping this to see if anyone has ordered the sets recently from a large scale seller like Amazon; wondering if the sets being sold now are with corrected discs?

Thanx in advance.

5. DiabloG

I bought Sector 2 and 3 at Best Buy back in December and Sector 1 in January. All three had the corrected discs. Not sure about Amazon, but I'd say you're good to go if you buy new copies there.

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Thanks Terry. Much appreciated.

7. Russell Weston

Russell Weston Forum Resident

Late to this thread, but I was pretty damn dissapointed by signals 5.1, as it is extremely dry on the first few tracks, losing part of what made the songs great in the first place. Analog Kid-uttery inferior, Losing it-horrible (no reverb or delay on the violin). I thought Geddy's voice was not well treated, and that the alternate takes were simply inferior. digital man was my favorite song in 5.1; they actually got it right. I don't really have any complaints about Fly by Night or Farewell to Kings.

8. DiabloG

Keep in mind that Signals 5.1 uses alternate mixes from the stereo mix and CD.

9. Russell Weston

Russell Weston Forum Resident

Yeah, I know, I just don't like the mixes on signals 5.1, period. I generally love multichannel mixes (Dark Side of the Moon is absolutely reference), but signals sounds stripped down and dry, kinda like Eric Johnson"s A Via Musicom 5.1, which he hated for the same reason.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.