New Ryan Adams, "Prisoner" due out February 17, 2017!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fletch, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nick Drake fan

Nick Drake fan Forum Resident

Yes it does. You put into words what I was trying to explain to a buddy of mine earlier this evening.

2. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

Any word on downloads if one ordered the "mystery " box? I still haven't received anything. Maybe the mystery is that you get band action figures but you don't get downloads of the music

3. raphph

raphph Taking a trip on an ocean liner…

All I've received so far is a link to download the album. No bonus tracks.

4. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Count me as another mug who shelled out for the box set and hasn't received an email with a download code for the album (never mind the b sides). Not impressed at all.
    NP

5. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

It's not surprising that Firebrand have messed up the downloads.

They run the nine inch nails store. See that thread to see what a fiasco they created in December with the NIN releases.

6. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

I have just sent the following email to [email protected]:
    It is now 18 February - any chance that you guys can send out download details as promised in the blurb for the VERY expensive boxset that I pre-ordered in good faith a number of weeks ago, i.e."All orders will receive Prisoner digitally on February 17th, 2017"

NP

SteveFff likes this.
  7. neilpatto

neilpatto Forum Resident

Oops, I have just checked my junk mail folder and discovered an email sent yesterday containing a download link (mp3 only).

I have sent a follow-up email to Firebrand (with apology!)

raphph likes this.
  8. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

John Adam, ScramMan2, thewho and 2 others like this.
  9. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

jpmosu likes this.
  10. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

gramfan likes this.
  11. Rupe33

Rupe33 Senior Member

I bought the Barnes & Noble version on vinyl (sounds great) but the code for the download is only giving me a zip file with the WAVs, no MP3s. Seems odd.

Of those, "Anything I Say To You Now" was tagged "Anything I Sai" so keep an eye on the tags when you download your files. Have sent a support request to Firebrand.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2017
  12. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Had to give my copy of the red vinyl a good clean as it sounded atrocious at first. Horrible scraping/screeching sound in the right channel

Sounds great now though. Ryan knows good vinyl.

budwhite likes this.
  13. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Is the Barnes and Noble black vinyl or colour l thanks

14. Gammondorf

Gammondorf Forum Resident

I love most of Ryan's output but have been slightly disappointed since the underrated Ashes & Fire. After one time through Prisoner it sounds like another decent, but not great, release like much of the last decade. My working theory is that Ryan writes songs and produces records based on what music he's into at the time. So, if you dig what he's into you'll enjoy his record. When he was into Gram Parsons and the Dead I was right there with him. When he gets too into metal or the Smiths or other stuff I am not as interested. I'm just glad that he's still around and playing after his hearing issues.

gramfan, Yorick, Henry Please and 2 others like this.
  15. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

It is black vinyl. It's only the different cover that is exclusive to Barnes and Noble.

16. JLPMacca

JLPMacca Forum Resident

Can anyone comment on the cd. How does it sound?
    The last one (S/T) was way too compressed on cd, but the vinyl sounded great!

17. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Thank you

18. bholz

bholz Forum Resident

Thanks for the reminder. I didn't receive an email so I dispatched an email. Don't really need it as I bought the CD anyway, but it is the principle of the thing.

19. Phil Wilson

Phil Wilson New Member

I received the email with the download ok, but the zip file was only 48mb, so the bitrate is going to be pretty low. I bought the CD anyway, so not too worried but I hope the 17 b-sides are in better quality. When the adverts keep talking about hidden surprises, I do hope these are song related, and not more bits of cardboard!

20. SteveFff

SteveFff Forum Mekonista

Today I received my link to The Prisoner download. The email said this was for an updated version of the End of the World box I ordered. Looking forward to hearing it now.

21. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

If the b sides end up being 160kbps mp3s as well then I think I'm going to have to do needledrops of all the 7"s

whisper3978 likes this.
  22. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Where are you folks getting the downloads?

I got the CD from Amazon but they didn't have any AutoRip files for this title included with the sale.

23. ScramMan2

ScramMan2 Forum Resident

Did you notice how Jimmy fingered the vinyl when he made the intro? In true audiophile fashion. Not.

whisper3978 likes this.
  24. jpmosu

jpmosu a.k.a. Mr. Jones

I finally got the downloads sent to my email. It took 2 tries contacting Customer Service, but they arrived today.

25. Rick360/12

Rick360/12 Forum Resident

Finally found a quiet place in space and time to listen to the red vinyl version of Prisoner. I'm definitely in the "Yay" not "Nay" camp for this one.

I love the sound, feel the pain and generally am glad to have an artist like Ryan who constantly challenges his audience and himself with everything he does. (Like most of you, I go back a long way with this guy).

My vinyl is flat, quiet and has CB in the dead wax.

Live dates on sale next week? I'm in.

thewho likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.