New Sade album coming February 8, 2010*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by pantofis, May 28, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

She and the band did a good job on Letterman!

2. esa

esa Forum Resident

I picked up Soldier Of Love last week, and I absolutely love it.

I think it's the best thing Sade has done yet; just exquisite.

[​IMG]

3. jason100x

jason100x Forum Resident

The new album is really good and growing on me more and more. They've never had a bad album.

4. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

This one is growing on me. Initially I wanted it to be something different, but I'm letting it be what it is.

5. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Absolutely love Sade, you guys have convinced me to pick this one up, thanks.

6. Curiosity

Curiosity Just A Boy

:agree: I've been listen to for a few days both at home and on the commute (dubbed it to MD) and it's a grower.

7. DJ WILBUR

DJ WILBUR The Cappuccino Kid

I love this one, but have to admit took a few listens to feel this way. Most excellent, if you like or love Sade, this is one for you...

8. syogusr

syogusr New Member

Sade debuted at the top with a little over 500,000 units. I am very happy for her, this is a keeper, and a very good CD to relax with.:)

9. groovelocked

groovelocked Forum Resident

waiting for the vinyl

10. DJ WILBUR

that's a big number these days for a US sales debut.

it is a very good listen...

I'd like to hear this on vinyl, but I have Lovers Rock on vinyl and found it lacking somehow...

11. DJ WILBUR

please let us know how it sounds...great avatar by the way...

12. Zep Fan

Zep Fan Sounds Better with Headphones on

Sade storms to the top of the U.S. chart 25 years after winning her first Brit Award

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...rench-charts-25-years-winning-Brit-Award.html

It is Sade's second album to make it to No1 in America – 24 years after her album Promise reached the top spot there. The new album has also gone to No1 in Canada, France and Switzerland and is No4 in the UK chart.

The star - who was born in Nigeria to an English district nurse mother and Nigerian academic father before moving to England as a child - keeps the house in the capital largely for business meetings.

Instead, she spends most of her time in the countryside with her daughter Ila and her partner Ian Watts, a former Royal Marine who she has been dating for the past four years. Mr Watts’ 18-year-old son Jack also shares the house with them.

Her marriage to Spanish film director Carlos Pliego ended in 1995 because, as she put it recently, ‘he found it hard to share me with the world’ following her long absence during a U.S. tour.

Ila is the result of a subsequent relationship with a Jamaican musician.

Sade met Mr Watts after moving to the West Country – and believes this relationship will last.

She said recently: ‘Ian was a Royal Marine, then a fireman, then a Cambridge graduate in chemistry.

‘I always said that if I could just find a guy who could chop wood and had a nice smile it didn’t bother me if he was an aristocrat or a thug as long as he was a good guy. I’ve ended up with an educated thug.

‘Ian is Ila’s dad, really, He does all the things a dad would do and she really looks up to him. I feel like I’ve won the lottery, finally.’

But despite her renewed success, Sade insists that in Stroud - at least - fellow resident, British Olympic failure Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards, remains more of a celebrity.

She said: ‘They’re more interested in Eddie The Eagle. He’s a bigger a star in those parts than I am.’

he star - who was born in Nigeria to an English district nurse mother and Nigerian academic father before moving to England as a child - keeps the house in the capital largely for business meetings.

Instead, she spends most of her time in the countryside with her daughter Ila and her partner Ian Watts, a former Royal Marine who she has been dating for the past four years. Mr Watts’ 18-year-old son Jack also shares the house with them.

Her marriage to Spanish film director Carlos Pliego ended in 1995 because, as she put it recently, ‘he found it hard to share me with the world’ following her long absence during a U.S. tour.

Ila is the result of a subsequent relationship with a Jamaican musician.

Sade met Mr Watts after moving to the West Country – and believes this relationship will last.

She said recently: ‘Ian was a Royal Marine, then a fireman, then a Cambridge graduate in chemistry.

‘I always said that if I could just find a guy who could chop wood and had a nice smile it didn’t bother me if he was an aristocrat or a thug as long as he was a good guy. I’ve ended up with an educated thug.

‘Ian is Ila’s dad, really, He does all the things a dad would do and she really looks up to him. I feel like I’ve won the lottery, finally.’

But despite her renewed success, Sade insists that in Stroud - at least - fellow resident, British Olympic failure Eddie ‘The Eagle’ Edwards, remains more of a celebrity.

She said: ‘They’re more interested in Eddie The Eagle. He’s a bigger a star in those parts than I am.’

13. DJ WILBUR

Cool article thanks, but the photo they ran might be the most unflattering I've ever seen of Sade in print...

loved this bit...

14. Yovra

Yovra Collector of Beatles Threads

It is a fine album! I especially love the first three tracks, in a strange way her voice makes me think of that of David Sylvian on his "Dead Bees on a cake"-album, the arrengements (mostly sparse and an interesting mix between electronic and acoustic) may have something to do with that.

15. rushed again

rushed again Senior Member

Same here. Anxious to hear it and even more anxious to put that cover on the wall. :)

16. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

17. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I really like the music on this album. I hope we don't have to wait so long for the next effort.

18. rushed again

Considering I haven't even heard this yet and thinking about waiting another 8-10 years for the next is.... making me look for tickets.

19. CardinalFang

CardinalFang New Member

Whomever picks up the vinyl.... please let us know if there is any information on who cut the lacquers. Thanks!

20. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

It is another great album by Sade, and like others here, I am really looking forward to when the vinyl drops. :thumbsup:

21. Zep Fan

I know... I just looked at that article there again, and I was thinking "Damn, I don't remember that article being that long"....

My fault for poor proofreading ! ! ! :hide:

22. rushed again

I received a notice from Amazon today about my lp order now shipping in April :wtf:

23. Zep Fan

Sade was on The Wanda Sykes Show (Episode 14] Feb. 20th, 2010.

I did not get to see the show, but full episodes are posted about two weeks after airing, on the official website: http://www.fox.com/wanda/

Maybe s/t from Sade's appearance will pop up on You Tube before then..

24. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

Sade was also on Ellen this past week and performed the title track. Looked and sounded quite good. I'd be surprised if that performance wasn't already up on YouTube.

25. johnny33

johnny33 New Member

Just listened to her on Ellen. Wow.. how does this woman stay so damn sexy? She is still able to send chills when she drops to the low notes in that breathy smooth operator style. Wild, wild west indeed. We missed ya Sade! Im going to see her if she tours. And I dont even care if I have a date! mmmm mm!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.