New Showtime TV Show: "Shameless" (William H. Macy)

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Jan 10, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

Why "shame on Rossum"? She's an actress making a living.

Mechanical Man likes this.
  2. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Because she used to be so sweet and enchanting. She's so sleazy now on this show.

3. progrocker71

She's playing a character, let's not mistake the role for the actress playing it.

lukpac, HAmmer and JimW like this.
  4. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Ya but she is playing that character day after day for months at a time. :shrug:

5. progrocker71

So, let me understand the logic here. Does that mean every actor that plays a bad person is really a bad person in real life because they have to play that character for months out of the year? Does that also mean that a real jerk could magically be transformed into a good person if they played a good character 6 months out of the year?

lukpac likes this.
  6. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Does that go for Bryan Cranston too? And David Boranaz, how'd he go from being a vampire a decade ago, to becoming an FBI agent? Do they really have a unit consisting of vampires? And does David Duchovny know about this?

Also, Jenna Jameson - I keep hearing about how she's always naked in her films, but every time I see her on an interview program, she's wearing clothes. How does THAT work...?

Now playing on Ariel Stream: Ben Folds - Belinda

Chris DeVoe, lobo, bababooey and 2 others like this.
  7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

C'mon, you know what I mean. She can do what she wants; I don't know her. You probably think it's square, but she seemed like a sweet girl, and then I catch an episode of this and see her doing soft-core scenes, swearing and acting gross. She may be acting, but she's still doing those things week after week for the public.

8. vince

vince Stan Ricker's son-in-law

My dream prediction for the new season: The entire family goes after the Brazillian 'king-pin' for killing Jimmy! They kidnap Estephonia and the whole show morphs into this weird 'action-adventure' show and they all head down to Carnival!!

9. Complier

Complier Senior Member

I can't wait for the new season. I really like this show.

10. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I'm currently working my way through the 2nd season of the UK series. I have yet to see the US version but love Macy so I'll get around to it some day.

11. JimW

JimW In the Process of Becoming

You may not like it, but garbage seems rather harsh. Personally, I find it gritty and realistic in how it portrays life in dysfunctional families, while also hilarious at times. I think Rossum is great. Her character displays so much fortitude and commitment to family. I think one of the main themes of this show is how deeply flawed individuals can retain their humanity in the face of terrible adversity. Pretty far removed from garbage, imo, but certainly not for the weak-of-heart nor easily offended.

chilinvilin likes this.
  12. vince

I fear, after watching the first episode of the new season,that there might be less and less 'comedy' and more and more 'drama'. I've grown attached to these characters, and now, they're gonna break my heart.
    I just hope I'm wrong.... Does anyone know if the UK "Shameless" has retained their comedic edge after all their seasons?

HAmmer likes this.
  13. bababooey

bababooey Forum Resident

I watched the first show and thought it sucked. With this recommendation, now I have to check it out again.

14. I really loved the UK version and find myself kinda liking this US version now.

15. vince

Well, what I feared has come to pass; the show has gotten DEAD serious......
    I'm still watching it, but I can't see the show continuing like this!
    My wife started to 'tear-up' when Fiona was in jail.

16. progrocker71

Showtime just announced today that Shameless has been renewed for another season. They also renewed House Of Lies.

17. vince

This season is 'so far, so good'.
    They've managed to throw in more comedic elements, something that was sorely missing from the previous season!
    Anybody else watching it?

18. Complier

Complier Senior Member

The show is starting to get a little far-fetched. Enough of the Fiona crap and Debbie has become quite annoying.

19. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

I've tried a couple times to get into this show, but after watching all available episodes of the UK version the US version bored me to hell.

20. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I saw the U.S. Version first so I can see where you would be bored, I just like the U.S. Cast because that is who I am used to.

Hawkeye and vince like this.
  21. Hawkeye

Hawkeye Senior Member

Completely understand. And if I had watched the US version first I may very well feel the same way. I really love WHM as an actor, he's great in everything he does. But getting hooked on the UK version first David Threlfall defined the Frank Gallagher character for me. Funny how that works.

LEONPROFF and chilinvilin like this.
  22. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Amazon has great prices on the Blu ray seasons right now !

Season 1 - $14.99 - http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-The...65953&creativeASIN=B0041KKZKK&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 2 - $11.96 - http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-The...65953&creativeASIN=B0090XPGXY&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 3 - $11.96 - http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-The...65953&creativeASIN=B00K1EP0IC&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

Season 4 - $14.49 - http://www.amazon.com/Shameless-The...65953&creativeASIN=B00PRVRYQ0&m=ATVPDKIKX0DER

I'd shop around for the best price on Season 5, as it was just released and is still high priced.

JimW likes this.
  23. Tone

Tone Senior Member

Great show!!!

Scope J and LEONPROFF like this.
  24. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member

Just finished S06 , free
    Showtime this wknd .

vince likes this.
  25. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member