Newly found Johnny Cash recordings to be released March 25th as "Out Among The Stars"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by PaulKTF, Dec 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I don't mind those albums at all by Cash and really like "Out Among The Stars." The cover shot definitely is intended to mislead fans into believing these are more unearthed recordings from his American period. I honestly can't tell why they didn't consider it worthy to be released, but Cash was fading as a bankable seller at the time.

They definitely tried to strip out as much of that early 80's sound as they possibly could in the mix. It's almost certainly an improvement over the original versions, and I've never heard the originals. Out Among The Stars is definitely worth a pick-up for Cash's fans.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2014
    Hep Alien, Volt-and-Volume and Mr. H like this.
  2. Dwayne

Dwayne Forum Resident

Love the album but can't stand the Elvis Costello mix at the end, please leave that sort of thing for single b-sides next time.

3. Headfone

Headfone Nothing Tops A Martin

This is the best collection of "previously unreleased" material I've heard since hearing the 18 "previously unreleased" tracks included on the Gordon Lightfoot boxset 13 years ago. I scored the brand-new, sealed vinyl of "Out Among the Stars" at Half Price Books for $17.00. Worth every penny.

Pawnmower and Volt-and-Volume like this.
  4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member Thread Starter

PhantomStranger likes this.
  5. Turntable

Turntable Senior Member

I have had the vinyl of this for a while now. Great Cash album, pressing is great and still cheap as chips at under $20.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.