Nick Cave & The Bad Seeds UK/European Tour Dates Announced

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by gohill, Feb 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ric-Tic

Ric-Tic Forum Resident

I wish that he didn't book Globe Arena which is a hockey arena with really bad accoustics. I saw him many many years ago at the very intimate concert hall Cirkus. Oh well...

Turbo2k likes this.
  2. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

a date in Luxembourg but nothing in spain or Portugal , just weird

3. stunner2020

stunner2020 Forum Resident

Long time Nick Cave fan but a combination of bad luck and frustratingly coinciding money issues meant I've never actually seen him live.

Though initially slightly disappointed that he isn't playing the usual Odeon-esque arenas, I'm not allowing myself to miss his London show. I just hope this won't be "the new normal" for him.

But I think those people complaining about the Bad Seeds now rocking the mega-arenas are showing a surprising lack of faith in Nick. He's the greatest frontman in the world. If the late, great Leonard Cohen could successfully turn the O2 into an intimate poetry slam, then Cave can do just about anything he likes with it.

sbeaupre, Moray, Marzz and 1 other person like this.
  4. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

It only won't be the new normal if they don't sell out the dates...or they'll sell these dates out, try again in arenas on another tour, fail and go back to theatres.

5. It's Felix

It's Felix It's not really me

O2 for me. Not a good venue, but then Morrissey filled it and it was a better show than the following years Apollo.

I was on the third row at Nick Caves Royal Albert Hall gig. Now that was amazing, but he is more famous now after the tragedy...

6. Mark Mc Guinness

Mark Mc Guinness Forum Resident

No Irish date so I got tickets for Amsterdam.Now I have a few months to tell herself.

7. Eliminator Jr.

Eliminator Jr. Forum Resident

I saw him play them Hamburg yesterday evening. Without a doubt the most significant performance I've seen in quite some time and possibly one of my favorite concert experiences ever. The setlist was absolutely incredible.

Anthrocene

Jesus Alone

Magneto

Higgs Boson Blues

From Her to Eternity

Tupelo

Jubilee Street

The Ship Song

Into My Arms

Girl in Amber

I Need You

Red Right Hand

The Mercy Seat

Distant Sky

Skeleton Tree

Encore:

The Weeping Song

Stagger Lee

Push the Sky Away

No support, 2.5 hours straight brilliance. If you get the chance to see them on this tour, do it. I'm awestruck.

vonwegen, sbeaupre, Mylene and 3 others like this.
  8. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

I saw the Glasgow Hydro show a couple of weeks back, which had an identical setlist, and would echo your view. The concerns people had about venue size when these shows were announced look daft in hindsight.

9. It's Felix

But at the O2 it didn't work for me. That is such a large venue and even with seats low down, the background noise from the part time fans standing arena was intense. You could fault Nick caves intensity, but I wouldn't go there again.

Neonbeam likes this.
  10. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

That's a shame. Hopefully you get to see him somewhere else in the future.

I didn't feel it worked any less well with 13,000 people in the Hydro than at previous shows at the Academy and the Barrowlands, which both hold a little over 2,000. I was about half-way back in the standing bit, so perhaps those in the seats had a different experience, though one of the positive reviews I read mentioned they were in the balcony.

11. ParanoidAndroid

ParanoidAndroid Forum Resident

I saw them at the first gig in Bournemouth, absolutely brilliant. Did you get the stage invasion during the intro to Stagger Lee?

12. It's Felix

The Royal Albert Hall last year was amazing - but then I was seating right near the stage and it was a very powerful performance. The O2 was less about his performance, which was amazing - and more me moaning about the background chatter.

By the way google the closing video of Cave getting Bobby Gillespie to sign the last verse of Push the Sky Away, from his seat in the crowd. Quite special.

13. SammyJoe

SammyJoe Up The Irons!

Hopefully the next tour will have some more intimate venues instead.

Neonbeam and It's Felix like this.
  14. Moray

Moray Forum Resident

Fair enough. Background chatter is generally less of a problem in Glasgow, as Glaswegians are far more likely to tell such people to shut it!

15. Goggen

Goggen Forum Resident

Saw Nick Cave & the bad Seeds this Monday in Oslo.

It was amazing!!! The intensity, delivery and presence was simply fantastic. Even in a big concrete block of a venue he was unstoppable. Loss for words...

Top score in every newspaper.

wolfram likes this.
  16. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Irish date announced for 6 June 2018, with Patti Smith. Outdoor show in Kilmainham (Dublin). Tickets go on sale on Monday, 23 October.

17. Phil Tate

Phil Tate Miss you Indy x

Haven't caught this tour, but his gig at the 1,600-seat Sage Gateshead a couple of years ago was one of the best gigs I've ever seen. He's an incredible, electrifying performer.

Jarra Lad likes this.
  18. Neonbeam

Neonbeam All Art Was Once Contemporary

So tonight is Berlin, tickets have been in the hand of scalpers for weeks now, asking in excess of 200€.

My girlfriend has been wanting to see the show for weeks now but refuses to pay inflated prices. Amazingly she managed to get tickets this morning from a local couple that offered them on Ebay Kleinanzeigen for the original price of 63€. So now I have to go where I originally didn't want to go. See my posts above:whistle:

But despite the huuuuge venues what I have read so far sounds encouraging. And tomorrow.... The National. Not bad, eh?!

19. Neonbeam

The Berlin show was fantastic, we stood right in front of stage so the size of the venue didn't really matter. But Cave did a spectacular job. 2,5 hours long:edthumbs:

20. Neonbeam

Looks like the setlist doesn't change much on this tour but it's a fantastic selection. It's also very remarkable that "Tupelo" is still being performed. The Berlin version was terrific and intense with sudden bursts of pure white noise.

Last edited: Oct 23, 2017
  21. SoNineties

SoNineties Forum Resident

This Setlist is pure brilliance.

I so wish I could go this next Saturday to Belgrade...

22. Neonbeam

It's great, especially since there is so much stuff from "Skeleton Tree" and "Push The Sky Away". It's also remarkable how Cave works the frontrows, relentlessly pacing the stage's edge like a lunatic, touching people, letting people touch him, jumping into the audience, bringing people (many people) back onstage. The rare moments when he finally sat down on the piano - "Into My Arms" - made me think that a - for lack of a better word - "lesser" artist might do the whole concert like this. Nice piano singalongs. But with the Bad Seeds you don't get that. The whole show was a celebration and demonstration of pure energy and artistic determination. These seven men really work their asses off for their art. And it works. Even in this huge venues I initially was so dismissive of:angel:

Turbo2k likes this.
  23. oxegen

oxegen Forum Resident

Ticket secured.

Neonbeam likes this.
  24. Turbo2k

Turbo2k Forum Resident

I agree. I went to the Stockholm show and it was amazing. I never doubted Nick and the band wouldn't be able to handle the large stage and venue but I too had been dismissive to the huge venue. But I must say that it didn't bother me one bit. The show felt intimate despite the venue. I had a great seat close to the side of the stage. The sound was great too!

...and what an amazing band the Bad Seeds are, so dynamic and explosive. I love how they go from the quiet parts straight into total chaos.

25. SoNineties

SoNineties Forum Resident

This thread should just be closed in respect of those who will not be able attend the next gigs! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.