Nirvana's "Nevermind" Hidden Track

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rock76, Jul 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Is the hidden track "Endless Nameless" still in print on current editions of "Nevermind"? How can I know for sure when buying online?

Thx. :wave:

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Quoting from a FAQ on NirvanaClub.com:

I think the song should be on any brand new copy you buy onlnie or in stores these days. Hope that helps. :)

3. rock76

rock76 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Just got back from the store (where I found and bought the CD for $59 MXP ($5.82 USD)) and the hidden track is missing (CINRAM manufactured / Mexican Pressing). I used to own it a while back and it was exactly the same. I read on some online forum that no foreign pressings of the album (outside the US, that is) feature the hidden track, is it the case?

4. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

You might want to ask on the NirvanaClub.com forum- they probably would know better than I. :)

5. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

Isn't Endless nameless on the box set. I'm not home so I can't check.

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yes it is. It's also on the Come As You Are single.

7. Laservampire

Laservampire Down with this sort of thing

That "Come As You Are" single can be picked up dirt cheap too :agree:

8. bba1973

bba1973 New Member

I think the box version is different. Haven't listened to it in a while though.

9. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Yes, I believe it's a different mix but I can't remember what the differences are.

They re-mixed a lot of the tracks for that box set. :realmad:

10. bba1973

bba1973 New Member

I think it's just a completely different version. I Hate Myself and Want To Die is quite a bit different from the one on the Beavis and Butt-Head Experience too. Gallons of Rubbing Alcohol Will Flow Through The Strip sounds the same as the In Utero version though. That might be the only one that's the same. For Endless, Nameless and I Hate Myself..., I prefer the other versions I mentioned. One day, I'm going to edit those songs (and others), and make my own Nirvana compilation. I was rather disappointed with the song selection on their official greatest hits comp. How could they leave out Oh, the Guilt, Milk It, and Polly?

11. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Great songs though they may be; they wern't singles and thus wern't hits in the conventional sense.

12. LesPaul666

LesPaul666 Mr Markie - The Rock And Roll Snarkie

They remixed Endless, Nameless???:D

Maybe they should do some of that farty bass panning in surround.;)

The U.S. first press of Nevermind that I got when it came out, has it, the BMG or Columbia House may *still* have it on the newly pressed versions. A Later U.S. Geffen I had gotten in the mid-90's did not have it.

13. bba1973

bba1973 New Member

They still beat the crap out of Sliver, Been a Son, and probably some more songs they left in :shake: .

14. Chris M

Chris M Senior Member In Memoriam

The box uses the BBC version of Endless, Nameless.

15. Chris M

Not really. The Nevermind tracks on the box are the mixes Butch Vig did in 1991. A lot of the material on the box was never mixed in the first place. The 4/92 Barrett Jones tracks were remixed with less than stellar results.

16. blind_melon1

blind_melon1 An erotic adventurer of the most deranged kind....

I know it's not in print, but it's also on the MFSL cd...

Not on any current Australian issues BTW.

17. imagnrywar

imagnrywar Senior Member

I still don't understand why they did that... and only for those particular songs.

18. Chris M

Me neither. The original mixes sound incredible. One of my all time favorite drum sounds.

(BTW, imagnrywar and I are talking about Crundgeon, Oh, the Guilt, and Return of the Rat from the 4/92 Laundry Room session).

19. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

They mixed Kurt flicking his lighter out of Oh, The Guilt for no reason.

20. NearysEpiphany

NearysEpiphany Forum Resident

I received Nevermind from Yourmusic.com a few months ago and the extra track is there.

21. Chris M

I hate that. I wonder if they even referenced the original mix? The box is a total botch job. Don't get me started..

22. Mad Dog

Mad Dog Forum Resident

I thought I bought mine relatively quick after it came out. I still have the outer cardboard longbox too with the cover art. But my copy doesn't have it so do I have a first print (post #2) or a second print (post #12)?

23. nodeerforamonth

nodeerforamonth Consistently misunderstood

I belive it's a different recording; the BBC session.

24. Stateless

Stateless New Member

:agree: They ruined the song. Kind of innovative that "lighter beat". I can't believe Krist or Dave didn't notice that. I always liked Kurt's cough on "Return Of The Rat" too. They mixed that out as well. :confused:

25. vonwegen

vonwegen Forum Resident

:laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.