"No Nukes" Concert - Question about an act

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Aug 31, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

On the fifth and final night of this 5 night event from the late '70s, the closing act begged out/cancelled. To replace them, Graham Nash had to convince the other 2 members of CSN (and himself) to put aside their differences (they were in the middle of one of their legendary spats) and take over as the closing act.
    The old friends put down their differences and came together to do just that.

The name of the act that bailed out seems to have been protected all of these years from the general public, but someone must know.

Does anyone here know?

2. JonUrban

Guess it really is a "secret"! :sigh:

3. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i posted the following on the graham nash website, and nash replied:

Graham, it is a known fact that you pulled CSN together to be the closing act on the final night of the No-Nukes concerts. It has long been a secret as to who the act was that cancelled necessitating (thankfully) the CSN reunion. Can you now reveal who the act was that cancelled? Thanks, RJP
    RJP <[email protected]>
    Cleveland, Ohio USA - Monday, September 01, 2003 at 18:42:44 (PDT)

GN: I don't remember anyone cancelling... I just don't think we had a big enough act to lead the final night... so.... I asked D and S.....

Best,

Graham

5. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Well that answers that..... When in doubt ask the Man.
    :thumbsup:

6. JonUrban

The GN website is great. Here is an established aritst who will actually communicate with his fans. Pretty amazing if you ask me.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.