Now ABKCO, How 'bout Parkway/Cameo

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Chris C, Aug 29, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last! Thread Starter

Well now that ABKCO has released MOST of The Rolling Stones ABKCO product AGAIN plus an average Sam Cooke package earlier this year...Do you think that they can get it together and FINALLY issue the old Parkway/Cameo Masters on CD? I think the fans that really care, want them soon or forget it, don't you think?

2. Larry Naramore

Larry Naramore Bonafied Knucklehead

3. Chris C

Thanks Larry or is that Yarrl?

By going to those two websites I can see that by ABKCO standards...

We're almost halfway there!!!

4. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Something is brewing. If we've waited this long, we can wait some more.

5. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Why do you say "average"? Other than being a *tad* bright, I thought they did a great job. Nice remixes, a few unreleased tracks, etc...

6. Chris C

I feel holding "A Change Is Gonna Come" HOSTAGE from RCA is a crime!

In my opinion MOST of the ABKCO owned Sam Cooke masters are average compared to the early KEEN/RCA cuts!

To now buy "A Change Is Gonna Come" on CD, we now HAVE to hear a lot of average SAM!

7. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Hello S-man - betcha weren't a long time subscriber to Both Sides Now when it came printed every three months - every few years Mikey C. and loyal readers would pester ABKCO and they'd say "it's in the works;" - I think in a Discoveries interview Andrew Loog Oldham said he'd been part of the team who transferred C-P stuff around the time of the Spector box (let's not get into what that would have sounded like), so it might have been close in the mid to late 80's. Seems that a frequent roadblock mentioned is legal issues between ABKCO and the Cam-Park artists...

8. lukpac

lukpac Senior Member

Hmm...you may hear some "average" Sam, but you hear a lot of great Sam, too. Good News, Rome Wasn't Built In A Day, Good Times, Shake, Another Saturday Night, Sugar Dumpling, That's Where It's At, Ease My Troubling Mind, Keep Movin' On - all GREAT Sam Cooke. Anyone missing these is missing a lot.

Message to forum: Pick up "Keep Movin' On" as soon as you can!

9. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I've been hoping for years. I do feel it's coming sooner than we think. If not sooner, who but us, will care?:)

10. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Friends,

As a collector of hits from the Golden Age of AM Top 40 Radio, I sincerely urge ABKCO to officially release the Cameo-Parkway catalog on CD and for them to contract with Steve to do the re-mastering!

Bob

11. LarryDavenport

LarryDavenport New Member

Maybe I can finally trade in my counterfeit CD of 96 Tears/Action by Question Mark & the Mysterians for the real thing!

12. Dan

Dan Senior Member

Bob,
    As soon I heard there was a Cameo/Parkway mention on the Abkco website, I did just that! ;)

--Dan

13. Bob Lovely

Bob Lovely Super Gort In Memoriam

Dan,

I will do the same!!

Thanks!

Bob

14. Jim Rose

Jim Rose New Member

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I'm there too!:)