NRBQ New 5-CD Compilation Coming: HIGH NOON - A 50-Year Retrospective

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by rstamberg, Aug 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. philly67

philly67 Forum Resident

Not sure about those being fakes, as much as i love the Q, not exactly a Beatles audience they have out there sadly. Those would be some thin margins they'd be betting on. It just seems to be the way things work out sometimes if you don't have to have it *RIGHT* EXACTLY *NOW*...they'll still be there, reduced, still plastic wrapped. I ended up getting Miles' Original Mono box at less than half price about months later initial release, so...

2. kouzie

kouzie Forum Resident

I've known John for sometime before he joined the band and in addition to being an extraordinary musician, he's the nicest guy you'll ever met.

npgchris and rstamberg like this.
  3. jhw59

jhw59 Forum Resident

The Q were in great form at their tour finale in Maryland, Terry especially last Saturday. To hear them play prehistoric cuts like Sourpuss and calling Dr Howard....was a real treat. I have the box and enjoy it. I do wish one disc had been a complete show from the Big Al era. However, it does give an excellent picture of the band over their various lineups and the sound is excellent. Buy with Confidence!

npgchris likes this.
  4. babyblue

babyblue Patches Pal!

I asked my wife to get this set for my birthday next month. We'll see what happens.

npgchris likes this.
  5. BILLONEEG

BILLONEEG Senior Member

It's a great set! I would recommend you ask your wife to get it now & give it to you on your birthday next month instead.:laugh::agree::laugh:

6. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Prices for some of their items seem too good to be true plus they have boots. so I am skeptical.

7. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

The seller instantly refunded my money when I pointed out that everything he has listed look like counterfeits:cheers:

8. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

I ordered from Import CD's, $8 more but there will be no worries.

John DeAngelis and Dennis Metz like this.
  9. Dennis Metz

Dennis Metz Born In A Motor City south of Detroit

That's what I should have done:cheers:

eelkiller likes this.
  10. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member Thread Starter

He really takes the "new" NRBQ to another level. He *belongs* in NRBQ. Who knew they could overcome the loss of the late, truly great Tom Ardolino? I mean, Conrad was truly awesome, but John's energy, musicality, and creativity are amazing

11. John DeAngelis

John DeAngelis Senior Member

Amen to that! The band has really sounded amazing lately. I've been seeing the Q since 1972 and to me they're currently scary good.

rstamberg and npgchris like this.
  12. Tgreg

Tgreg Forum Resident

Hello all....just noticed this...late tonight...and unfortunately, sale ends tonight....I *think* midnight Pacific time...but Omnivore is having a 2 day 1/2 off of CDs...I just picked up the High Noon set for 35 dollars plus shipping! Really looking forward to it...have a few titles...but nice to have an extensive box set....even though "a little bit of bad" is missing.

John DeAngelis and mlew like this.
  13. sberger

sberger Dream Baby Dream

Extended through the 25th. Thanks for the heads up.

mlew and Tgreg like this.
  14. DetroitDoomsayer

DetroitDoomsayer Forum Middle Child

Thanks @Tgreg ! I snagged the Dr. John - The Atco/Atlantic Singles 1968-1974 in anticipation of the The Atco Albums Collection coming from Rhino next month. :righton:

Tgreg likes this.
  15. ceddy10165

ceddy10165 My life was saved by rock n roll

There are sealed copies in the u.s. selling for about $20 on eBay right now.

16. beatlebum

beatlebum Forum Resident

They all from China/Hong Kong, so a splendid counterfeit time is guaranteed.

ceddy10165 likes this.
  17. ceddy10165

That’s a shame. The listing specifies u.s. made and shipped, so I assumed it was legit clearance.

18. ceddy10165

How can a counterfeit of this release be identified? Any info would be helpful please. I bought a copy and have concerns if it’s legit or not - I can’t really tell. Thanks for your help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.