Nuts! A speaker keeps kicking out!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Bill Why Man, Feb 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Why Man

Bill Why Man Forum Resident Thread Starter

Scott,

Contact cleaner seemed to be the cure for me. You shouldn't have to remove any knobs. Just spray some right in there and move the knob around to get the cleaner in there good.

I also have a removable headshell. I took it off and noticed that one of the headshell wires was a tad loose. I gently tightened them with tweezers, sprayed contact cleaner where the headshell attaches, and reattached the thing.

I'm not sure if it was a loose wire or the phono knob on my amp, but it cured what ailed me. I'm not too awesome at arm setup either. When I had my turntable refurbished, my hifi guy set it all up for me. If you have that option, you should bring it to a professional. Maybe he'll tell you that you did it correctly and give you a confidence boost. Maybe he'll save your needle and some records and fix it up right, while giving you some self-help tips. It shouldn't take long nor be too expensive, and it'll be worth it.

Hope it all works out well,

Bill

mockingbirds94 likes this.
  2. mockingbirds94

mockingbirds94 Active Member

Thank you for the advice, Bill. I finally bought some contact cleaner, and I used it. I'm just waiting for it to dry. I don't know how long it takes, but I'm wanting to make sure I follow the directions carefully. I need to find a hi-fi guy who can do for my turntable, what your guy did for yours. If that makes sense. I just want to make sure my TT arm, force, weight, and stylus are at their best. Now to find someone. Anyway, I will let you know how things turn out. Take care.

Thanks again for the advice.

Sincerely,

Scott M.

Bill Why Man likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.