DCC Archive Off Topic, but we're all friends here, so.....

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by RetroSmith, Dec 28, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967) Thread Starter

Hi guys, I know this is off topic, but maybe some of my DCC buddies can help me out.

I have a UMAX ASTRA 1220U Scanner. My girlfriend accidentally threw out the power pack!!

Does anyone have this scanner that could tell me the voltage AND Amperage that the scanner needs to operate so I can go to Radio Shack and get a power pack?

I'd really appreciate it, and again forgive me for being off topic, but I'm pulling my hair out here!1

Thanks!!

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I have about 20 scanners to pull apart in a few hours. People can keep looking, but I may have a match for ya. It's true, most scanners don't have indication of voltage or polarity ON the scanner. It's possibly 18v, center positive, but hang tight, kay?

3. RetroSmith

Hey Sckott!!

Thanks. I've just found out that the VOLTAGE is 12 v DC, but I dont know the amperage yet.

Any ideas?

thanks so much!!

4. Unknown

Unknown Guest

I have that same scanner, except it's the SCSI version. The power transformer on mine indicates 12v and 1amp. I hope that helps!

5. Sckott

The power supply would be identical, since UMAX (Like HP and Lexmark) use the same power supply for the whole series.

Dave, read out the information on the "brick" part of the adapter for this chap. I"ve been too busy messing with viruses and bad CDR drives to check.

Also, confirm if the DC connector sleeve is center-positive. Should be. Then, case closed!

6. Unknown

Unknown Guest

The power transformer lists the following data;

Model HER - 48 - 12010
    Input - 120v~60hz 0.25A
    Output - 12v ____ 1A
    ----

That's all there is.

7. Sckott

Center should be positive. If not, most Rat Shack adapters can reverse polarity by merely turning the conector. Good luck Mikey.

8. RetroSmith

Dave and Sckott:

I want to thank both of you VERU MUCH for your help. You guys are great!!

I should be able to dig up a power pack now!!

PS.....i have a power pack from another scanner thats 12vdc and 1.25 Amps Is the extra .25 amps too much?
    Will it blow the UMAX? What do ya think?

thanks again, I'm in your debt.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.