"Official" Goblin Thread & Album by Album

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Scope J, May 31, 2011.

1. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

Yeah, given what you say about the same stamper being used to create so many copies, it would seem a lottery as to whether I picked up a really early one or not... hmm, unfortunate, as hearing even the version on the comp LP was still like experiencing the track for the first time again.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2015
  2. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

Just received an email advising that a 1st audio preview from a track called "Uneven Times" from the new album was just released on PledgeMusic! Sounds great! - nice, melodic track with a touch of the original dark edgy style of old... and with added sax! It would be great to know if it was Antonio performing on it :)

Cant wait for the next preview :)

Scope J likes this.
  3. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

Well, I couldn't help but post again to say that after listening to Uneven Times a LOT since it was released, that I think it is an utterly phenomenal track... amazing piece of music. Truly a "just one more listen" addiction has set in! I cannot wait until the album is out.

4. Scope J

Scope J Senior Member Thread Starter

Diggin' the new tracks !

new one up today : In the Name of Goblin

5. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

WOW! Was NOT expecting another preview track so quickly - Im still in the midst of absorbing every note of Uneven Times - and LOVING it :)

What can I say, In The Name of Goblin is another great track, looking forward to giving it an in-depth listen over the next few days too :) A bit shorter at 4:44 and I feel that the end sequence gives the impression that its building up to another section but then very quickly wraps it up - I hope the final version has some more, it would make it even better - or maybe i'm just greedy! :D

Scope J likes this.
  6. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I haven't been able to hear "In the Name of Goblin" yet as I am at work, but I agree, "Uneven Times" is excellent. I wasn't sure this album was going to be well received but now I am certain it will be. Now they just need to make their goal!!

7. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

It has certainly been a tense time for me as a new Goblin fan waiting in anticipation, ever since learning that a new album was coming - there is always the uncertainty and doubt as to whether the new material will live up to the standard that made me a fan in the first place. Learning of the bands past and how they came back so strongly from a very long hiatus with Non Ho Sonno, then Back To The Goblin, certainly showed me they are more than capable - and from these first new tracks being released its clear to me that they are completely on top of their game and not only that, they have totally retained their unique sound and style. I am crazy excited about getting the full album, I really sense they have pulled out all the stops and brought their collective talents together to make something special, I feel they have really done it... its happening!! :)

It will be interesting to see if anyone else thinks the same as I do with regards to the ending of In The Name of Goblin...

8. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Yes, I get what you are saying on the end of "In the Name of Goblin". I really wanted that riff to continue on or lead to something else, but then it just ended.

I've only listened to each track once, but I feel like there was either a conscious effort (or maybe it was just subconscious) to stick with the styles that proved successful. That is, I am reminded much of "Profondo Rosso" with these tracks, specifically the opening with the plinky muted guitar sounds and the buildup with the synth line before the band comes in.

In any case, it sounds like I'm going to love this album.

9. BAM

BAM Forum Resident

Yeah you might be on to something... either way I absolutely love what i'm hearing and I wouldn't want Goblin to try and shift styles or try and go for something more "modern" anyway... they can maintain their uniqueness with how they sound already, whilst still producing awesome music that will be warmly welcomed. I let a friend listen to Uneven Times, he doesn't really know Goblin but he liked what he heard and his first comment was that they "sounded like they were still in the 70's" - I regard that as a testament to how they have maintained their classic sound and i'm so glad they have :)

10. Scope J

Mousse Roll

11. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I'll say one thing -- these guys do come up with some strange titles.

I hope we'll see this album pressed and released by the end of April. I am really looking forward to it, and unfortunately since they haven't met their goal, the process seems to have been delayed considerably.

I put in a pretty large amount myself. I'd hope that other fans are at least contributing a little something!

Scope J likes this.
  12. Scope J

Cool album !

13. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I am seriously digging the new album. The opening track, "Uneven Times", is fairly mindblowing. Easily the best track they've done in the past 15 years.

I thought Non Ho Sonno was a fair album. Not bad, but kinda lacking. Back to the Goblin was great for me. Sure, there was an odd choice here and there, but I think it's one of the best reunion albums I've heard. Now, Four of a Kind even beats Back to the Goblin. Even the tracks that at first seem a bit surprising at first (i.e. "Dark Blue(s)", which sounds like a Pink Floyd track off of Endless River, or "008" with its simple funky riff) are really good. It is very strange to see a band who has reunited after all of these years actually getting BETTER with every album!

Honestly, I'd be surprised if there are Goblin fans who don't take to this album in some way or another, even if it's only to love a couple of the songs.

14. Scope J

15. Scope J

16. Scope J

17. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

I am considerably amused by that USB stick. I had to buy two.

Even though my wallet can't handle it, I hope the band tours behind this album and sells more copies, because it needs to be more widely heard than just by the small number of contributors to the campaign.

18. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

Yeah it's a good album. How does the vinyl sound?

19. Scope J

Scored this yesterday

[​IMG]

Mark Nelson likes this.
  20. marblesmike

marblesmike Forum Resident

What is it?

21. Scope J

You can't see the photo ? :(

RSD Chi? single on white vinyl

22. serj

serj Forum Resident

Where i can buy "Four of a kind" CD online? Thank you in advance.

23. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

The Four of a Kind album has only been released for digital download so far for those who were part of the Pledgemusic campaign. It is due very soon to be sold to others at the band's website at www.goblinofficial.com.

The vinyl is being pressed in May, so we'll have some idea after that how it sounds. I find the CD to be bass heavy at lower volumes, but it could certainly be much worse given recent mastering trends.

24. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

You found that here in the US? Damn.... I could have saved a good amount of dough on shipping! I ordered mine from Italy.

I'm a picky bugger, but geez, the picture on the cover is way too dark. Pretty easy to spot the differences between the original and reissue there! Still, it's kind of neat that something like this made it over here in America. The original singles are not hard to find in Italy or online, but the cost of shipping will get ya on those.

Scope J likes this.
  25. Red Goblin

Red Goblin Forum Resident

Scope J likes this.