Okay, Deadheads...I've ripped you for decades, but

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by nicotinecaffeine, Sep 12, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bmoregnr

bmoregnr Forum Rezident

That is a great show. FYI I thought the version from the '72 box set really improved the sound quality if you have not tried it. Perhaps the Plangent Process helped. Also I think the setlist got completed as well.

Tone_Boss likes this.
  2. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

Hehehe........funny

3. Tim Wilson

Tim Wilson Forum Resident

There's a terrific movie about it, called The Other Dream Team, an absolute must, regardless of one's feelings about The Dead or basketball.

Havoc, bmoregnr and notesofachord like this.
  4. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

I agree I only got into them this year. What put me off was seeing those garish tee shirts worn by fat balding guys with comb over hair. Anthem of the Sun is superb.

GerryO likes this.
  5. notesofachord

notesofachord Riding down the river in an old canoe

Some of those fat, balding guys with ill-fitting shirts once looked like this:
    [​IMG]

Yep - hipsters.

...and they had girlfriends (or "old ladies", in the common parlance) that looked like this:
    [​IMG]

6. Olompali

Olompali Forum Resident

I just Youtube'd Mendelssohn's Midsummer Night's Dream and the front rows of the audience seemed to feature elderly women who appeared quite angry/grumpy having to attend.
    Jocks, bikers, church groups, cowboys, teenyboppers, pensioners, working stiffs, whte collars, nerds, geeks, freaks, hipsters, whatever ethnicities,extraterrestrials, demons and angels, etc etc etc ...they all put me off.:wave::laugh:. It doesn't stop me from understanding and going forward into discovery.:frog:

rockinlazys and notesofachord like this.
  7. Tone_Boss

Tone_Boss Forum Resident

This thread got me perusing my Dead collection last night and I listened to Wake of the Flood for probably the first time in twenty years. Wow, what a great album that was, not as high profile as some of the others (Here Comes Sunshine a standout) but beginning to end highly enjoyable and a little different style, has a nice flow to it. I even like Godchaux's vocals on Let Me Sing Your Blues Away. Reminds me a bit of Alan Wilson from Canned Heat.

notesofachord and DrLunchbox like this.
  8. Havoc

Havoc Forum Resident

Thanks guy.

9. Scopitone

Scopitone She had ribbons, ribbons, ribbons

Yum!

Though maybe a bit young - I can't quite tell if she's 16 or 20. . .:p

10. GerryO

GerryO Senior Member

Nay to the '71 remix, but you can have both. Side 1 - I like the intro, through the louder drum portion, and the big chord ending. They sacrificed too much for clearer vocals on the multitrack studio portions. Side 2 - not much difference, as they fortunately could do as much with the original live recordings.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
  11. nicotinecaffeine

nicotinecaffeine Forum Resident Thread Starter

Good deal. Thanks. I was wondering why it was screwed with after only a few years anyway. Just to push vocals up on an album that is clearly a product of deliberate tinkering sounds like a good way to ruin it.

Yeah, the wife would probably take issue with that s***, no doubt. Think I'm going to hit the old man up to see if he'll let me "borrow" his old triple album of E72 and see how that goes. It's the pea green WB and probably hasn't seen a stylus for over 30 years now.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2014
    Erik B. likes this.
  12. rockinlazys

rockinlazys Forum Resident

Perfect!!!! Thank You, Olompali
    Shine On, Rockin' Lazy S

Olompali likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.