Okki Nokki drama?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Dan Budiac, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Do you know if they've got spare parts in? I'm considering buying a wand for 7" and 10" records. I don't have many but a few that need a clean.

2. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Not sure about parts.
    E mail or call them.

3. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

Whats the latest Okki skinny?

4. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

IRRESPONSIBLE RCM MANUFACTURER WHO FAILED TO DELIVER!!!

I ordered 2 Okki Nokki RCMs early Jan 2014 from ebay. After weeks and months of waiting, chasing, pushing... the seller failed to deliver them to me and kept blaming it's the supply problem.

I wrote an email to Okki Nokki to ask about this. Johan replied and admitted that they have stock problem. Then he asked me for the name of the seller. After weeks of chasing (again!), Johan replied he has emailed to the distributor in Italy and there is nothing more he can do!

I then asked the Italy distributor and the distributor answered me that Okki Nokki told them to wait for another 6 weeks at least! So I wrote to Johan again. He replied me "What do you want from me?... I am selling to Distributors. Not to dealers or customers. So for the rest talk with Audio Reference. Not with me."

This is such a IRRESPONSIBLE response!!!

So think twice if you want to order one and keep your fingers crossed hoping that you can get it!!!

5. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

This is such an unacceptable reply from Okki Nokki:

This is my problem. I do not have to accountability to you.

I never told you I was having Okki Nokki’s on stock to deliver before you paid him.

Best regards,

Johan Bezem

6. alexpop

Does B&M hifi shops not have any in their stores ?

7. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

Alex, better be 200% sure if they really have stock ON HAND before you pay. Otherwise, you are on your own and Okki Nokki never care about it.

Afterall, a company that does not care about its customers can never produce good products and shall never be one to buy things from.

8. ssmith3046

ssmith3046 Forum Resident

Too bad what has happened to Okki Nokki. It's a great product. I love mine and have never had any issues with it.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  9. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Okki Nokki does produce good products. Their problem is they cant produce them fast enough for some reason and they really need to sort that out because they're losing customers. My friend wanted one but was told he would have to wait at least 6-8 weeks for one.

But, Jimmy Pak, there's no point in contacting Okki Nokki to sort out your transaction with the ebay seller. The ebay seller took your money without having a product to sell, not Okki Nokki. He should never have sold you an item he didn't have and he should be communicating delays to you without you chasing him. He's clearly not the best seller to deal with. It's not like Okki Nokki can legally do anything for you anyway.

alexpop and ssmith3046 like this.
  10. gloomrider

gloomrider Well-Known Member

I would suggest that vinyl related products are more popular than manufacturers anticipated. I had to wait 88 days to take delivery of a Pro-Ject turntable. Towards the end, I was getting super impatient. Rega reported they sold more tables last year than any other year in their history. And there doesn't seem to be any letup in demand on the horizon.

It's a pretty safe bet that Okki Nokki is feeling a similar situation. They're cheaper than most other RCMs, right? I'm sure lots of people are trying to buy one.

11. alexpop

Stock piling recent purchase vinyl,but I'll be getting one after summer ( he says).

12. raferx

raferx Forum Resident

If $800 is cheap...

Jimmy Pak and Doctorcilantro like this.
  13. alexpop

Still debating on what color to get ie: white /black design. Don't suppose it matters as long as ones available. But I'll order one from a reputable hifi shop in person.. And pick it up in person.

Last edited: May 8, 2014
  14. Doctorcilantro

Doctorcilantro Forum Resident

I have owned the dual-side cleaning Nitty Gritty in the past. That price point, from a reputable dealer, seemed reasonable. Given what's available now, especially in the DIY realm, I feel the Okki is overpriced. After shipping I'm looking at $800 when I can build a very nice Ultrasonic for about $500-600 USD.

As I have said before on this forum, I talked with 2 very reputable dealers in the USA who dropped Okki Nokki due to QC issues. This means something. It's not anecdotal. Yes, many folks here seem to have solid, working units, but I think there are obviously enough red flags out there to make one think twice about buying one. I know I am now going to add an RCM in addition to my Ultrasonic, but it won't be an Okki.

Micke Lindahl and Jimmy Pak like this.
  15. Doctorcilantro

Doctorcilantro Forum Resident

Quite true, but the response from Okki reveals much. I, for one, don't want to get stranded in need of replacement parts or repair with someone who pushes everything off on the Dist. and does not make any attempt in the least to put the customer at ease, or assuage their authentic concerns. True colors.

Jimmy Pak likes this.
  16. Jimmy Pak

Jimmy Pak New Member

Yes I need to talk to the seller and this is what I have been doing. The seller kept blaming it's the supply problem and that's why after 4 months of waiting I wrote to Okki Nokki to verify if this is true. Johan replied, admitted Okki Nokki has stock problem, and asked me for the name of the seller. But then Johan in his later replied said it's not his business, talk to reseller/distributor. Then what's the point of asking for a name? Just for fun? Afterall, it's Okki Nokki who failed to produce to produce and deliver - which Johan admitted! Johan never tried to work out a more solid schedule with its distributor to get me at least a date!!! This is the simplest 101 action even a business school student can do! Not even a single apology has been made but only kicked you out to the distributor! This is VERY VERY BAD! AWFULLY BAD ATTITUDE TO ITS CUSTOMER!

Should the seller take all the blame? I don't know and I don't think so. I don't believe all sellers sell only what they have on hand but they sell based on a predictable delivery schedule from the supply chain system. The seller failed to communicate a delivery date to me. Was it just the seller's problem? Or Okki Nokki keep failing to give an accurate delivery schedule out? So is it the seller's fault? Certainly yes because the seller should not sell products from such an unreliable manufacturer.

17. Jim in Houston

Jim in Houston The Godfather of Alt-Country & Punk

Gloomrider, I believe that's more than all their years combined.

18. gloomrider

gloomrider Well-Known Member

Sorry guys. I misunderstood. To put it in perspective, I have a 100% manual Nitty Gritty.

Agree that $800 is not cheap.

19. rebellovw

rebellovw Forum Resident

I had similar delays with the Cyclone that I really wanted - my dealer gave me a great deal on this beauty and now I'm finally cleaning records. It is so great to have an RCM - such an upgrade!

[​IMG]

raferx likes this.
  20. Earwax

Earwax Forum Resident

Did you send payment to Italy and never receive a refund? Can't you do a credit card chargeback? Other than a perhaps a more sympathetic tone, what do expect Okki Nokki to do?

21. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

Maybe he asked you who the seller was so he could check if he was indeed an authorised dealer? Or maybe he asked you for another reason. I really don;t know because I'm not Johan and I have not seen your full correspondence with Okki Nokki so I don't know what you actually said either. For all I know your emails after the first could have been rude (and no this is not an invitation for you to post that correspondence).

Yes it is the sellers problem and he should take all the blame because he transacted with you. Therefore it's up to him to keep you informed and it's also up to him to rectify the issue with you i.e. give you your money back. He sold you something he did not have a guarantee supply of. If he couldn't obtain an accurate delivery date from ON he should have told you that. You waited too long to get your money back.

Yes some sellers do take pre-orders but the ones that do don't all take full payment and if they do, and are honest, keep you informed throughout the process in a timely manner if there are delays and if there are delays they'll offer you a refund. Your seller doesn't appear to have done any of that.

Clearly you don't trust the seller because after 4 months of nothing you thought you should check with Okki Nokki if the seller was telling the truth! Why you even waited that long is beyond me.

Ask for your money back and buy something else if you don't want to wait for ON to sort themselves out.

22. ssmith3046

They must have really gone up since I bought mine last year. Love my Okki Nokki.

23. Earwax

Earwax Forum Resident

$730 with dustcover. No tax, no shipping from Amazon -- sold by the US authorized reseller.

24. gkella

gkella Glen Kellaway From The Basement

Contact Audioscape Canada.
    They may be able to get you an Okki Nokki and they are great people to deal with.
    Glen

25. ssmith3046

About a hundred more than I paid for mine last year with a dust cover. It's a joy to use and works great though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.