Old radio news sounders, jingles.

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Scooterpiety, Jul 23, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Scooterpiety

Scooterpiety Ars Gratia Artis Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a website or other source that might have some of the old sounders, jingles and cue tones from old NBC, CBS and Mutual newscasts? I'd like to find some stuff from around 1975-85. Complete old top and bottom of the hour newscasts would be cool too.

Thanks!

2. KYLEBOOK

KYLEBOOK Member

Mutual Broadcasting System:

http://www.misterk60.com/Promo_Page.html

3. Scooterpiety

THANK YOU very much for that! Mutual was what I was really after, always was my favorite radio network. There's lots of great stuff on that site!

Thanks again!

4. Steve D.

Steve D. Forum Resident

My thanks as well. The link to Mutual's history provided a great read. What a rags to riches to rags story that is.

-Steve D.

5. Lord Hawthorne

Lord Hawthorne Currently Untitled

There's also reelradio.com, but you have to subscribe.

6. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

MusicRadio WABC 77 AM's Website Memorial: www.musicradio77.com .:righton: Plenty of Soundbites there (Including an "Updated" version of the PAMS Jingle!):righton:I HIGHLY RECOMMEND IT!:thumbsup:

7. Dan C

Dan C Forum Fotographer

This is a great page, thanks for posting this!! I remember the Mutual Network from the late-70s and early-80s when I was a kid and becoming a news and information junkie. Hard to believe the Mutual-era Larry King is the same clueless shadow on CNN.

The final Mutual broadcast makes me sad too.

dan c

8. HGN2001

HGN2001 Mystery picture member

NBC MONITOR, their weekend entertainment program, had a bunch of ID's, jingles and news sounders.

They are archived at the following page:

http://www.monitorbeacon.net/sounddownloads.html

Scroll down to the "NBC Monitor Audio Files" section and look for a link called "Monitor Themes."

It's a long, 30+ minutes of jingles and sounders through the years, so you'll have to either listen for what you're looking for, or separate the individual jingles into separate tracks.

I can tell you that the News intros I heard tended to be toward the end, and the very final element is the Monitor Beacon (which is also on the page as a separate element).

Good stuff, and well preserved and presented.

Harry

9. Drawer L

Drawer L Forum Resident In Memoriam

A whopping $13 a year.And worth every penny....:righton:

10. tps

tps Forum Resident

Radio sounders, jingles, and program themes are great for taking one back in time. One of my personal favorites is the ABC "American Information Radio" sounder.

11. W.B.

W.B. The Collector's Collector

There is also a bunch of news sounders from WCBS Newsradio 88 in New York, in the audio section of this appreciation site for its 1970's/'80's peak by a former reporter and anchor at the station, Don Swaim:

http://donswaim.com/wcbsnewsradio88.html

12. Scooterpiety

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.