oldies.com cyber monday sale a lot of 99 cent CDs

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by Tjazz, Nov 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tjazz

Tjazz Breakfast at (a record store) Thread Starter

2. Tjazz

3. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

Ordered Items:
    These products typically ship in 1-3 business days.

:unhunh: Not necessarily according to @Planbee.

4. noname74

noname74 Allegedly Canadian

I am glad I got over that "Oh it's cheap? I'll buy it" phase of being a music fan or I too would be getting 50 discs of stuff I really don't need coming to me.

stimpdad, Joseph.McClure and Davidmk5 like this.
  5. PB with J

PB with J Forum Resident

I got over it, but got dragged back in, although I only bought 11 CDs this time.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 1, 2016
  6. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

This deal was amazing! Got my big package today, the new Beatles album on vinyl was $20. Every cd I got was 99 cents! Over 30 to dig through with a total cost of $51! hohoho!

puffyrock2 likes this.
  7. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

The 28 discs I ordered shipped this morning via FedEx.

8. Tjazz

The 99 cent CDs now say in the description:
    Special Pricing: One per customer, per order.

9. Tjazz

They refunded the $7.98 shipping, after I emailed them.

10. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I got the free ship and it arrived shipped 2 days priority. surprised about that....

I might also add that the mastering on these oldies cds is great ...Hall and Oates Rich Girl sounds better on this 70's comp than on any actual Hall and Oates cd I own!

11. thejesset

thejesset Member

For anyone wondering about the free shipping minimum, try opening oldies.com in an incognito window.

If you refresh/use incognito/use different browsers, it will give you a different quote ranging from $25-50. It's deceptive as ****. They obviously use cookies to determine what you might spend, and they adjust the free shipping minimum accordingly.

mrjinks likes this.
  12. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Irrelevant. Yes, I saw both quotes when I was trying to order. But it didn't change the minimum required to actually trigger free shipping in my cart ($50).

13. thejesset

thejesset Member

14. puffyrock2

puffyrock2 Forum Resident

Has anyone had experiences in the past with ordering from Oldies.com? There was a horror story there on the Reddit thread about them only shipping out portions of orders and cancelling the rest.

15. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Well, as @eelkiller joked about upthread, I have no use for Oldies.com. Now, granted I've never placed any warehouse-clearing orders from them that might receive appreciative quick shipping--my few experiences with them have been for a CD or two each time. Slowest shipping time I've ever encountered from a domestic source. Whenever I receive a catalog from them it goes straight into the recycle bin, and I avoid their listings on the Amazon Marketplace.

16. lennonfan1

lennonfan1 Senior Member

I've ordered a few times and never had a problem.

17. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

If you want to find something to get upset about because you're in need of first world problems, OK, then their site and fill process will work.

But, basically, it's a legit company with a mediocre website and slow shipping.

I don't love them, but if something is a good enough deal, I'll order from them. That pretty much sums it up.

18. Tjazz

19. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Well, hey, someone asked for opinions and I gave mine. Besides, this entire site is a shrine to "first-world problems." My CD didn't ship fast enough, why does my turntable sound like sht even though I paid $50,000 for it?, why does the new [insert name of almost every remaster] make my ears bleed?, and so on. I'm not equating Oldies.com's crappy service to a real problem, but just the same they shouldn't get a pass just because they're not in some vital-to-life industry.

Joseph.McClure likes this.
  20. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Of course. That's why I said I only use them when the deal is good enough. They aren't my go-to for a normal purchase.

I will say this: They are still family owned/operated. At this point, I give them some credit for that.

Mr. LP Collector and Planbee like this.
  21. eelkiller

eelkiller One of the great unwashed

My theory is they were happy to clear out the titles gathering dust on shelves and the quicker the better. :p

Miss Ann Elk

22. kwadguy

kwadguy Senior Member

Obviously. These are mostly deep catalog titles that usually sell 95% of what they're going to sell in the first year.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.