Olivia Newton-John. Yay or Nay?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Bobby Morrow, Jun 9, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

I thought the original version of Xanadu is Olivia and ELO.

David Campbell and John Adam like this.
  2. Pizza

I didn't know Bay City Rollers tried a comeback! I'll have to check out that thread.

3. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member Thread Starter

N0 Physical DVD as such, but all the videos are on her Video Gold 1 DVD.

David Campbell and John Adam like this.
  4. Rick Robson

Rick Robson

If you love that song you'll probably enjoy the ELO's version too, and probably feel a different beat too, though not bad to me.

David Campbell likes this.
  5. Chris_Sydney

Chris_Sydney Forum Resident

It was scheduled for much later this year, but the last whisper I heard was that it would air around the time of the Commonwealth Games which are in April.

Interestingly, Delta has just released a new single called 'Think About You' which the Aussie press have compared to 'Physical' in terms of a U-turn in sound and image. It certainly seems to borrow some of the taut rhythms (albeit in 2018 form) that made 'Physical' a hit. It's worth noting that Delta is 33, the same age Olivia was when 'Physical' came out. Perhaps walking in her shoes in the biopic inspired Delta.

x

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  6. Scopitone

Scopitone Caught the last train for the coast

7. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

Pics like these is why she was known as Olivia Neutron Bomb back in the day..:D

Scopitone likes this.
  8. Pizza

Love the Xanadu look!

John Adam and Scopitone like this.
  9. JohnB

JohnB Senior Member

Hard for me to process the fact that she'll turn 70 this year. Nice to see she's still going strong.

David Campbell likes this.
  10. David Campbell

David Campbell Forum Resident

I'm just glad and grateful she's doing so well. It's hard to think its nearly been a year ( in May) since that dreaded and frankly scary diagnosis came to light.

goodiesguy, Pizza, John Adam and 3 others like this.
  11. Pizza

I give Olivia a lot of credit and respect. She’s a tough girl.

GoodKitty and David Campbell like this.
  12. Danny Duberstein

Danny Duberstein Forum Resident

13. bvb1123

bvb1123 Rock and Roll Martian

I don't absolutely love her but she has a good number of songs that I enjoy. That wasn't an option so I gave her the benefit of the doubt and voted that I love her. Can I marry her now? Haha

14. Pizza

I heard she’s got a thing for Don Knotts, so go for it!

David Campbell and bvb1123 like this.
  15. Bobby Morrow

16. John Adam

John Adam An Introvert In Paradise

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  17. john lennonist

john lennonist There ONCE was a NOTE, PURE and EASY...

Nay on her music.

But I met her in about 1985 and I've got to say she was absolutely one of the most gorgeous women I have ever seen! :faint:

18. lightbulb

lightbulb Not the Brightest of the Bunch

Today,

It would be a big Yay. ;)

John Adam likes this.
  19. Pizza

Never had a dream with Olivia until last night.

I’m at a packed arena and Olivia pops on to the stage. I’m confused how I got to the show. Olivia stops the show and goes backstage.

I notice a door next to the stage. I go in. There is a secret room with seats to watch the show. Everyone has Olivia paraphernalia and has obviously paid big money for those seats. I quietly sit down and watch the rest of the show.

Olivia comes back and poses for pictures. She then holds up a Livvy bubblegum card and says you need one for her autograph and walks into another room.

I figured I’m sol but grateful to have seen her and begin to leave. Suddenly my name is being paged for my meet and greet session. I walk into the room, say some stupid stuff about being a fan and she smiles and signs my program.

Yes, I must be crazy. But it was a sweet dream.:cool:

20. Mike_with_G1042

Mike_with_G1042 Forum Resident

Still looking for a good Best of CD collection. I'm wondering if recording the DVD audio from the Gold release is the only option...?? From memory the DVD sounded quite nice, less compressed than the CD?

21. bob60

bob60 Forum Resident

I often have pop star dreams.
    A while ago I dreamt that I was chatting with Pet Shop Boy Chris Lowe about Hazel Dean's website.
    I would only ever confess that dream on an anonymous forum like this, its just so bizarre...

Frosst and Pizza like this.
  22. Pizza

I have them once in awhile. Paul McCartney stopped to talk to me after a concert. Another one had John Lennon playing tapes for me of unreleased songs he had written.

David Campbell and bob60 like this.
  23. owlshead

owlshead Forum Resident

loved her in Grease... I was 15/16 at the time... so makes sense :love: i think she sings pretty well or did, so i guess she is fine, but other than Grease probably didn't hear her sing too much?

GoodKitty and Bobby Morrow like this.
  24. Bobby Morrow

I can just imagine people here typing Hazell Dean’s name into Google. Don’t think she’s big on SHF.:)

I used to dream Olivia had made a new album that I was struggling to find. Had that one with Madonna too.

bob60 likes this.
  25. Bobby Morrow

They don’t have everything, but the US Back To Basics and Greatest Hits Vol. 2 comps sound nice. Should be cheap and easy to find as well. Olivia’s stuff was really well recorded so I don’t think any of it sounds really bad on CD...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.