Open your windows and I'll walk through your doors. Jethro Tull - WarChild Remixed 2014

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by tootull, Aug 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kim Olesen

Kim Olesen Gently weeping guitarist.

Still not on iTunes :-(

2. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I'm still waiting for iTunes to fix the Passion Play mistake leaving out "Re-Assuring Tune." (They gave me a credit for a free song when I reported the mistake. But still.)

3. Kim Olesen

I didn't notice anything missing on my download....

4. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

The Passion Play remix from iTunes goes directly from "no one but someone to be found" to the acoustic intro to "all along the icy wastes," skipping the middle instrumental section. The track timings on the site suggest it has never been fixed.

5. Juggsnelson

Juggsnelson Senior Member

Here you go! Hard to really do the book justice as it is bound to the case but it has some grat pics and a lot of great info. Ian's track by track commentary features his usual wit and self deprecation regarding his thoughts on his own work. If you loved the previos deluxe editions, this one does not disappoint. Steven Wilson did his usual masterful job on the surround mix. Hopefully I get to DVD 2 this weekend!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Mik, rstamberg, mark renard and 6 others like this.
  6. Kim Olesen

Wow i need to check that out.

7. Kim Olesen

WTF..... You ar right. And i feel SO cheesed off..... If they wont correct this dann haben wir anderen metoden.....

8. Kim Olesen

I just asked Steve Wilson this on twitter:
    @StevenWilsonHQ are you aware that your APP remix on iTunes misses the entire re-assuring tune section? Can it be corrected?

pbuzby likes this.
  9. Daniel Falaschi

Daniel Falaschi Live detective

You are absolutely right! It was very boring to read IA´s self criticism in the Benefit and APP deluxe editions booklets. Actualy, the only albums that Ian seems to speak good things about are Stand Up, Aqualung and Crest of a Knave.

10. kevnhuys

kevnhuys Forum Resident

Um, yah, there is, I'm looking at it right now. And of course, the company website itself shows it was an added feature as of 2003, as I showed before.

The selection screen looks like this

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_VaQVO0AhmGA/S4WHIiRg6eI/AAAAAAAAASM/fgxfy3cCZU4/s1600-h/DVDAext5.JPG

Are you sure you are talking about DVD Audio Extractor? And you realize this step comes *after* you have chosen the files you want from the disc?

11. pbuzby

pbuzby Senior Member

I don't find it boring although I disagree with some of his comments. Thick As A Brick and Songs From The Wood are two other albums he seems to like from most comments I've read.

12. tootull

tootull I tried to catch my eye but I looked the other way Thread Starter

13. tootull

Jethro Tull - 'The Third Hoorah' from WarChild, 40th Anniversary Theatre Edition

ParloFax likes this.
  14. tootull

www.antimusic.com/news/14/November/ts17Jethro_Tull_Streaming_Ward_Child_Reissue_Track.shtml

On Monday Jethro Tull Streaming War Child Reissue Track was a top story. Here is the recap: (Classic Rock) Jethro Tull have streamed another track from the upcoming limited-edition 40th anniversary edition of their classic 1974 album War Child. The song The Orchestral WarChild Theme can now be heard ahead of the three-disc package's official release on November 24. Previously unreleased track War Child II was made available to stream earlier this month.

The set includes a new mix by Steven Wilson plus music and a script synopsis from the abandoned film which was intended to accompany the original release. The movie, set to star Leonard Rossiter, was shelved after the band failed to secure funding.

War Child was instead released as a standard 10-track album.

15. JAG

JAG Forum Professor with Tenure

wonderful video footage....one can only hope we can enjoy a complete concert video from this era someday

16. Yes indeed!

It was weird that Jeffrey went from playing standing still in his corner, in his white tux, at the Thick As A Brick spring '72 show in Montreal, to being so animated on stage during the Passion Play tour the year after... Like something clicked at some point, and he all loosened up! It's not like the bass parts were getting any simpler either...

Mark Snowden likes this.
  17. tootull

Pete Puma likes this.
  18. Kim Olesen

19. rstamberg

rstamberg Senior Member

Where my copy at, Burning Shed?

20. Rob Burgess

Rob Burgess Forum Resident

I don't suppose anyone has a scan of the booklet? Like many Tull fans my eyes are getting old and poring through it with a magnifying glass is a pain :) These classic rock bands need to take that into account and start including scans :)

--
    Rob

Meng likes this.
  21. tootull

WARCHILD 2014 ROCKS! yes it does - A fave Glory Row at 5.1 & (4.0) - thrilled!
    "Tomorrow was Today" is my favourite of the previously unreleased bonus tracks.

22. PROGGER

PROGGER Forum Resident

Mine is on its way. Can't wait to hear tomorrow was today. What is good godmother like? I love bonus tracks glory row, saturation, March the mad scientist, sealion 2. They easily replace sealion 1, third hoorah, two fingers and bungle imo. I quite like the quad version of bungle though

23. Rob Burgess

Rob Burgess Forum Resident

So I looked at the back cover of the package and saw the copyright info. Hmm... :) [​IMG]

The Hud and ParloFax like this.
  24. Vaughan

Vaughan Forum Resident

Mine was delayed by amazon - but the tracker shows I should have it tomorrow. Really looking forward to it.

25. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Blimey. Only eight years until the Elder Race successfully overthrows the Solar Federation ...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.