OPPO BDP-95 Audiophile Universal Blu-ray/SACD/DVD-A player (part 2)

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by MilesSmiles, Nov 17, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Maybe so but dust "you can't see" probably won't be much of an issue ;).

Here's a question for those in this thread. If you have a two identical 95s side by side one with the cover off and one with it on which one do you think will accumulate the most dust over a long period of time?

2. rbbert

rbbert Forum Resident

If there's too much dust for you, you could blow it clear every day instead of once every week or two. Of course, with the cover on you have no idea how much (if any) dust is accumulating.

3. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

That's an option to blow it clear every day if the cover is off. But that's kind of a PITA. There is going to be far less dust in the 95 with the cover on as the player is not being used 24/7. In other words the time the 95 is on with the fan running will be a fraction of the time of the 95 with the cover off which accumulates dust 24/7. But to each his own I guess :).

Last edited: Nov 27, 2016
  4. olschl

olschl Forum Resident

My BDP-95 arrived yesterday. I am very happy with it. No fan noise yet. Not even standing right in front of it between discs. It's been playing for about 3 hours, mostly music but about 20 minutes of DVD.

Linger63 and Bill Mac like this.
  5. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

Excellent!

6. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

How do you like it? I think the 95 and tube amplification are the way to go.

7. shokhead

shokhead Head shok and you still don't what it is. HA!

It's alive, alive!

8. Keim

Keim Hangin' here from the start

I am VERY happy with the Oppo BDP-95. I did recently change-up my amplification system. I added a Minidsp 2x4hd, and dedicated Harmon Kardon amp. The new to me amp is for the subwoofers. The 2a3 amps remain for mid and treble. Sounds great.

9. Bill Mac

Bill Mac Forum Resident

10. progrocker

progrocker Senior Member

My Elac B6's are rolled off at about 15k and that could have been a poor match tonally with my KT77 tube amp but luckily with the '95 the combo is sweet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.