Ordering dvds from Canada

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by mhvbear, Nov 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mhvbear

mhvbear Senior Member Thread Starter

Does anyone know of a good site for ordering dvds from Canada. I've tried Amazon.ca.
    The Pet Shop Boys PopArt dvd is being released up north. The US release is still not scheduled. Sometime first quarter 2004 if they can get all parties to agree.
    It seems as the Pet Shop Boys have been on 3 different labels in the US, EMI, Atlantic & Sanctuary.

2. lv70smusic

lv70smusic Senior Member

I've had generally good luck with playcentric.com. I would never again order from dvdsoon.com (charged my credit card and still didn't have product to ship me nearly four weeks later; ended up refunding me less money because of a change in exchange rates).

3. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

You could try www.dvdboxoffice.com - they are not the quickest but they are pretty cheap (and they only charge your credit card when they are ready to ship).

4. Scarecrow

Scarecrow Forum Resident

Amazon.ca has worked well for me. There's usually a coupon to be had to help with shipping.

5. cliff barua

cliff barua New Member

I guess it's all relative. Their prices are astronomical to what is found in retail stores here in Canada (i.e. their Indiana Jones box set was about $30 CDN more than I paid for in-store). But they do include shipping in their price!! :D

I would suggest amazon.ca for both international folks and Canadians alike.

Cliff

6. Mick Jones

Mick Jones Senior Member

Compared to UK non-sale retail prices, dvdboxoffice give some of their stuff away!

7. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Does A&B Sound sell DVDs? Their prices are usually great!

8. ybe

ybe The Lawnmower Man

Yes they do! I have ordered DVDs from A&B Sound many times and have been very happy with the service. Very fast delivery (at least to where I live). ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.