Osamu Kitajima 2018 Lp reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by paletro, Aug 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. paletro

paletro Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hi, anyone has listened to the new Kitajma's Lps on Oom Dooby Dochas label ? :pineapple:

2. Horse Majeure

Horse Majeure Forum Resident

I wasn't aware of Osamu Kitajima new reissues.Thank you for heads up.I'm looking for particularly "Masterless Samurai" (1980).
    I have "Benzaiten" LP on Island (Japan) and Antilles (US).
    Amazing album.

3. paletro

Osamu, Benzaiten and Masterless Samurai are available on Lps 2018.

4. paletro

Bought Osamu this afternoon. Comes in a solid (and dangerous) inner sleeve. Careful when you remove it. The sound is good, better but close to my old Cdr. Record is flat and light background noises can be heard, no too much. This should disappear after a good cleaning. Next step : MS.

5. Toad of the Short Forest

Toad of the Short Forest Forum Resident

Haven't heard of these! I would love to hear his 1971 album when he was going as Justin Heathcliff reissued too.

6. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

Did anyone order the Osamu vinyl box set from Everland or know anything about the quality of their other releases?

7. paletro

Hi .Not yet. The Cd box set is available on Discogs, not the vinyl apparently.

imajindat likes this.
  8. rollo5

rollo5 Forum Reprobate

I ordered it last May and just got a shipping confirmation today. I’ve never purchased anything put out by Everland prior to this. Let’s hope it was worth the long wait.

9. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

I think this album (Justin Heathcliff) is super-duper. Excellent McCartney/Beatles/Badfingeresque melodic rock. Great album and compelling listen from start to finish. It really deserves to be more well known (and well heard.)

10. Toad of the Short Forest

Toad of the Short Forest Forum Resident

Totally agree! I hear a bit of Kevin Ayers in him too. My digital copy is mastered really loud so would definitely like a remaster someday.

11. kyodo_dom

kyodo_dom Forum Resident

The box set is well done. Real attention to detail regarding the packaging, and the LPs sound very good to my ears. I haven't got past the third one yet, Osamu, as I've been too busy playing the first two, but absolutely no complaints.

rollo5 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.