"Parenthood" new TV series on NBC based on the movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by nukevor, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zebop

zebop Well Known Stranger

Sounds like this is the show is going in this direction. Me? I'd go for a more surprising death like thirtysomething did with Gary Shepherd.

2. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Monica may just be one of the best actresses who can instantly bring on the tears, with her Wilma Flintstone "eyes so black, like frying pans". Here she is in Cleveland this past week, crying all over town!

http://www.wkyc.com/story/entertainment/television/2014/10/03/monica-potter/16676053/

3. modrevolve

modrevolve Forum Resident

I really hope the last few episodes won't be the death of Zeek and the birth of baby Zeek named in his honor,

I'm still not over Mr. Arnold dying in The Wonder Years.

rburly likes this.
  4. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

And she's in tears BEFORE THE OPENING CREDITS in episode three!!! Awesome!!

5. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

So you guys have no experience whatsoever with pregnant women, huh ?

7. Chris C

I just watched last night's new episode and I find it truly interesting just how invested my own heart is with the Braverman clan. I had tears in my own eyes watching the family at Zeek's hospital room, after the surgery.

Myke likes this.
  8. modrevolve

mrjinks likes this.
  9. rburly

rburly Sitting comfortably with Item 9

This finally hit me last night. I know this is fiction and it's the last season - but if he had bypass surgery and/or stents he likely would live many years after the surgery. I guess those of us who are expecting him to die are doing so simply because it's the last season.

I wish they would be more creative in finding a way to end the show.

10. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
    modrevolve likes this.
  11. Chris C

Well, the people involved with the show and the producers themselves, have made no secret that "somebody" is going to bite the big one, before the series ends, so that makes it a little hard not to see it coming in every turn of the page. For a minute, I thought that it was going to be Crosby that was going to bite the big one, as I felt, how unique to have a family member die, while everyone is sitting at a hospital, waiting for the person in surgery to possibly pass.

So now I have a gut feeling that the person who will die will either be Mama Braverman (just because she is probably the last person anyone would guess) or the daughter of Hank, who is closing in on a classic case of "nobody cares about me, so I think that I'll off myself". Only so many episodes left to find out the suspenseful conclusion!!!

12. Chris C

WOO-HOO, do I win a prize? I just found out that my post above, #211, was my 10,000th post on this forum!

Do I win the prize of a copy of every Steve Hoffman related CD and SACD? Huh, don't I wish!!!

13. rburly

PM a Gort and ask! Conratulations! :goodie::cheers::frog:

Chris C likes this.
  14. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

I got into the show throughout last season and caught some episodes on and off. Over the summer, I decided to start it from the beginning on Netflix. Don't think I'll finish by the end of the current season, though, so I guess I'll have to avoid this thread!

I'm definitely not the "target demographic" for this show, but it's one of the few TV dramas of the last few years that I've been able to get into at all.

15. Myke

At present, it's the only thing I watch besides Blu rays, and DVDs. Ron Howard, Brian Grazer, and Craig T. Nelson are what brought me to the show in the first place.

16. Myke

Interesting licensing note about the DVDs I didn't know until now :

" One side note: in the show's original broadcasts, the opening credits were accompanied by Bob Dylan's "Forever Young." "Jesus," I said to my wife, "Wonder how much that cost them?" Apparently not enough; for the DVD release, the Dylan classic has been replaced by a generic (but passable) opening theme. "

http://www.dvdtalk.com/reviews/44224/parenthood-season-1/

17. modrevolve

Anyone think Crosby was gonna bite the bullet last night riding his motorcycle while The War On Drugs was playing in the background? So psyched that local boys made it to the Hood!

18. Chris C

Sorry for any possible "spoilers", but I guess that I assumed that most people that have been onboard with this show, was caught up. I always forget that there will always be late arriving fans. This show is a little hard NOT to talk about, especially since it's in it's last season. I will do my best to add a "spoiler" alert, so I don't ruin your own enjoyment of the conclusion.

19. Chris C

I did in post #211 :wave: I should however, say that I personally have recently felt a greater presence of Crosby and his actual worth to the family and if he would have died on that motorcycle, it might have stung a LOT harder than any of us fans would care to admit? Of course, I may be getting a little vibe of the "last child" syndrome, as I'm the last child in my own family?

20. rburly

When I saw Crosby get on the bike, I had no idea where he was going. I was thinking "You might want a face shield for bugs", but it wasn't until I saw him recklessly taking corners that I knew something was going to happen to him. Then I thought he would crash into a car, but fortunately didn't.

My guess is that it won't be Zeke who will die because that's too obvious right now. I think it will be Kristina from cancer. She's had it... twice? And, of course, Amber will cry in every episode! ;)

21. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

No need - the show should be discussed in the thread. I just know that I personally need to avoid it. :righton:

22. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa I'm an ear sitting in the sky

Spoiler alert for next episode : Amber cries.

mrjinks and Rooster_Ties like this.
  23. AKA

AKA Senior Member

That theme is also used for non-North American broadcasts. I think it fits the show better than Dylan.

24. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

To bad they can't replace the annoying overlapping dialog for the DVD as well.

It might have worked nicely in Howard Hawks' THE THING but that was just 80 minutes.

25. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

I think I just watch a rerun of this episode tonight. To be honest, I haven't been following this show (or any show) in a long time. I was completely pulled in by this scene....so powerful, yet handled very delicately. I need to catch the last 3 episodes.

Chris C likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.