Paul Feig's 'Ghostbusters' Reboot

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Roger Meadows, Jan 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I saw this one awhile ago and enjoyed it for what it was. I thought Chris Hemsworth was hysterical.

2. I thought it was funny enough. Definitely not a trainwreck. I didn't notice any "man hating" in the flick. Only disappointments were Bill Murray's bland cameo and the aforementioned plot holes (which have been fixed in extended version).

3. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Bought the 2-BD set (3D+2D) yesterday here in Brazil for the equivalent of $12.50 US dollars on a Black Weekend offer.
    [​IMG]

4. dougotte

dougotte Petty, Annoying Dilettante

We watched it over the weekend (extended version via PPV). It was a bit weak, but fun. I laughed a few times, especially at Hemsworth's character. I think he was given the best lines!

I think the script was a bit weak and relied too much on the ad-lib skills of the actors. This was also the problem w/ McCarthy's Spy.

By the way, I would describe the original the same way!

Gems-A-Bems likes this.
  5. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'm glad you said that!

The Criterion laserdisc of "Ghostbusters" included the script. When I read it back in 1991 or 1992, I was surprised to see how much of the dialogue wasn't in the screenplay.

This was almost always Bill Murray's lines - many of the movie's best jokes were his and were invented during the shoot, not in the writing phase...

6. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

Mr. Pinkett explains (in a very funny way, IMHO) every single thing wrong with the reboot and why it wasn't necessary.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.