"Paul is Dead Man - Miss him Miss him"

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John B, Jan 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue. Thread Starter

Now that Claviusb has showed us the undoctored original of Abbey Road, we can see proof of how Paul was killed in 1969. Up until now, it's all been speculation. http://www.stevehoffman.tv/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10529
    What are some of your favorite clues? (it's okay if they are pre-1969 as some people were predicting his death ;))
    There are tons of visual clues on Sgt Pepper and Magical Mystery Tour. I played part of The White Album side 4 backwards (just before Revolution #9) and it does sound like John is saying "paul is dead man miss him miss him".
    I tried the same thing on my CD player and now my CD player is dead - spooky.
    Any more proof?

Meddle likes this.
  2. Ed Bishop

Ed Bishop Incredibly, I'm still here

Well, I'd tell you everything, but to say so would, if found out, be a death sentence at any Beatles-oriented website...so I can't:rolleyes:

Woulda been 28 IF, you know....:D Shoulda laid off the cigs....

ED:cool:

3. John and George are bookends

You know what is really spooky about that album cover---the two dead Beatles are bookends to Paul and Ringo!

4. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

John, the track on the White Album that has been misconstrued as Lennon saying "paul is dead man, miss him, him" actually comes at the end of "I'm So Tired" on side two.:)

5. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

The rumours and clues were a lot of fun. Hearing "turn me on dead man" as a twelve year old when Revolution 9 was played backwards was spooky.

6. John B

Re: Re: "Paul is Dead Man - Miss him Miss him"

Thanks Jeff, foggy memory. The section I mentioned had "turn me on dead man" - played em both.

7. How did you get your CD player to play backward? I unplugged my CD player from the electrical outlet and then plugged it in the other way but it still plays forward.;)

8. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

Did you know there is a new 8 CD "internet" set called MissHim MissHIm MissHim... about the Paul is Dead rumor? It contains the original WABC radio show with Roby Youngue from 1969, the audio of the F. Lee Bailey TV show (with the mock trial), radio shows from 1969 and later discussing the rumor, etc.

For anyone who's interested this is a gem!

9. TSmithPage

TSmithPage Ex Post Facto Member

Where on the album does he say, "It's a drag, y'know..."? :eek:

10. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Positive proof finally!;)

11. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

The part you need to play backwards is right at the end of I'm So Tired, right before Blackbird. I did play this backwards once, and it really does sound like he's saying "Paul is dead man"

12. sgraham

sgraham New Member

Around here it is generally thought that the whole thing started on Detroit station WKNR-FM when some girls called up DJ "Uncle" Russ Gibb and told him something about playing the Sgt. Pepper inner groove nonsense backwards.

BTW, speaking of "backwards masking" (silly concept!), I once was editing a tape that I'd recorded a Noel Paul Stookey song on. While scrubbing the tape back and fourth to find the edit point I wanted, I heard Paul (Stookey, that is) say (backwards) clear as a bell: "Stookhey!". (Somehow I don't think it was intentional.)

13. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

Well, if Paul is really dead, perhaps a certain Blue Meanie had something to do with it???? Hmmmm??? :cry:

14. John B

Take it to Australia - it plays the other way.

15. wmspence

wmspence Senior Member

I can remember listening to a NY radio station very early one morning when this story "broke". As stated above, it was kind of spooky and I was convinced there might be something to it. One of the clues, on the cover of Pepper, was the "Beatles" floral thing with an "o" at the end. I remember one guy calling this station saying that the message was to "Be at Leso" which he claimed was a chain of islands in the Pacific. I'm no geography expert, but I don't ever remember hearing about the Leso Islands. Anyhow, for awhile, it was fun dealing with all of this. I'm sure I now sound nuts.

Bill

16. vex

vex New Member

I read someplace that if you held the "Magical Mystery Tour" album cover up to a mirror, the little stars that form the words "The Beatles" would reveal a telephone number where you could call to get information on Paul's death. I never could decipher it though, even with a little help from Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds. :angel:

17. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.