Paul is the Mac daddy! $72 million in 2002!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sckott, Mar 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

http://entertainment.msn.com/news/article.aspx?news=118052

McCartney: Year's Top Earner
    Mar 20, 7:58 AM EST

(Associated Press) -- Paul McCartney is "numero uno" with Rolling Stone.

The magazine ranked the former Beatle as the music industry's top moneymaker in 2002, earning $72.1 million — most of it from strong concert ticket sales.

The Rolling Stones placed a distant second, taking in nearly $44 million. The Dave Matthews Band was third with $31.3 million and Celine Dion followed with $31.1 million.

The Canadian songstress is about to start a three-year gig at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas, which may make her $65 million richer.

Rounding out the top ten wealthiest musicians: Eminem, Cher, Bruce Springsteen, Mariah Carey, Jay-Z and Ozzy Osbourne.

Eminem and Jay-Z are the only rap stars to crack the top ten. The Motor City rapper grossed $28.9 million, while the New-York born rapper pulled in $22.7 million.

Death hasn't stopped Elvis Presley from raking in the dough, who came in 12th place with $20 million.

Bringing up the rear at number 50 is country star Toby Keith, who earned approximately $6.3 million.

———

2. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

What must it be like? WOW! I'm in awe...Congrats Paul, Your Still number one in my book! Thanks for the many years of pleasure in my soul...you deserve all you have.

3. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only. Thread Starter

I think it's funny now. He's a great businessman! Said he asked MJ for a raise on his own royalties on his songs. Sounds like an inside joke now...!

4. lennonfan

lennonfan New Member

Of course Paul is Da Man!
    I was happy to stuff his pockets for the joy of seeing 2 shows up close and personal...we had a great time. Paul is just so incredibly wealthy....and naturally it's all deserved and everyone else deserves to be a far distant 2nd at least.
    ...and that bit about Toby Keith bringing up the rear....:).....no comment :laugh:

5. mjb

mjb Senior Member

If Macca is really smart, he's socking away some of this money to buy out Michael Jackson once Jackson hits rock bottom and has to start selling off his assets...

6. Vinyl-Addict

Vinyl-Addict Groovetracer Manufacturer

Paul, spend my $250 wisely. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.