Paul McCartney Archive Collection - Flowers In The Dirt*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Sean Murdock, Sep 18, 2015.

1. A well respected man

A well respected man Forum Resident

What seems to be the less expensive option for the Super Deluxe edition?

2. Wingsfan2012

Wingsfan2012 Forum Resident

It is funny but with the "Flowers" remastering, no complaints on here about brickwalling or "loudness"......not unlike the "Pepper 50" remix...

I know "Flowers" wasn't remixed but to me the remastering makes the album a little louder and "brighter" and I am fine with that.

All of the Archive collection remasters have IMHO improved my enjoyment of each album! I think this is part of the reason so many of us want it to continue!

3. Wingsfan2012

Get the 2 CD sets of each if the boxes are too much $$$

Even though recently Amazon US had the uber expensive RAM and Wings Over America boxes both for below $100.00 now.....

A well respected man likes this.
  4. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

Only songs from after he started going grey qualify. But also only before he started dyeing it. Exceptions made for songs he wrote on days when he had enough grey hair showing to cause a new thread on his hair to be started.

5. christian42

christian42 Forum Resident

And now I've listened to the demos as well (the duo ones, that is). They're charming and fun, but I've already heard them on boots. I generally think that more produced tracks are better to listen to, so I'm hoping the band demos will be even better.

Some general thoughts: I don't like Paul's shrieking on "Lovers that Never Were". The two unreleased tracks are good. I do think I liked "That Day is Done" better in this more unassuming format. "Don't Be Careless Love" was better with Elvis's vocal contribution.

6. Wingsfan2012

I finally had a chance to watch the bonus DVD start to finish and other than the videos not being in 5.1 it was a very enjoyable viewing with the full version of "Put It There" being a joy to watch!

Mr. Explorer, lukatherfan and theMess like this.
  7. Brian from Canada

Brian from Canada Forum Resident

That, and it forces Paul to show some love to his earlier solo material. Yes, there are a handful of hit songs in concerts and compilations from time to time, but the idea of going back and showing us what was going on at the time, what other ideas were being considered, and just how much thought and care went into the final project makes each Archive worth releasing. Paul is an artisan more than just a pop star, and it's about time to recognize the genius didn't plummet as badly as critics thought after Let It Be.

Mr. Explorer, Paul H, theMess and 4 others like this.
  8. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

There is now a 6CD set available which appears to contain everything - which is exactly what we should have been given in the "deluxe" box. As per the rules I'm afraid no details can be given but this is worth seeking out.

9. A well respected man

A well respected man Forum Resident

Can you explain, please? Is there a different FITD set out now?

10. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

It's a bootleg or other illegal item.

theMess and A well respected man like this.
  11. Phil D

Phil D Forum Resident

It is an "unofficial" release. However if PM had seen fit to include everything the fans had a right to expect - the ones who paid £130+, then there would be no need for others to do the job properly.

A well respected man likes this.
  12. I only listen to the Flowers hi-res files and no limiting was involved in their remastering.

13. daveidmarx

daveidmarx Forem Residunt

6-CDs seems like one too many discs. I can name those tunes in five!

14. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Thought I was getting the DVD part of a package. It wasn't until Best Buy sent the WRONG replacement TWICE that they finally admitted they were selling a *phantom* item. And of course, they tried to spin it as my fault! :realmad:

15. Wingsfan2012

The CD's sounds wonderful and not "LOUD" like many have complained about "Pepper 50"!

16. Wingsfan2012

I just started 2 new Archive Collection polls, gentlemen enjoy and let your votes be heard!

:righton:

17. dtuck90

dtuck90 Forum Resident

Picked up the super deluxe off Amazon UK for £95 last night. Now I'm listening to the album for the first time

Mr. Explorer, Frank and Oyster Boy like this.
  18. aoxomoxoa

aoxomoxoa It's a lonesome old town...

I just realized after all these years that Macca did Flowers and Elvis did MIGHTY LIKE A ROSE. I wonder if this was intentional (the flower theme)?

19. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

If Elvis had entitled his album MIGHTY LIKE A RED ROSE SPEEDWAY, I would say "yes". But he didn't, so I was say it NOT intentional. Just a (slight) coincidence.

20. Darrin L.

Darrin L. Forum Resident

Yes...that vocal on "Lovers" has been a point of contention on this thread. Some think it's a great vocal performance, but to my ears, there's too much straining for the notes.

gottafeelin likes this.
  21. BrucePadgett

BrucePadgett Forum Resident

Anyone else having trouble redeeming the code for the Best Buy single? The url leads me to a page which only states "Access denied by intermediary. Domain not recognized."

Thanks.

22. musicfan37

musicfan37 Forum Resident

I just received the Flowers deluxe set. Overall, I'm quite pleased. However, I truly hope the next release includes all songs on CD. After burning the download tracks to CD-r, it kind of cheapens the look of the set. You spend all this money for the music and presentation, and here you are with a beautiful set of CDs, books and a homemade CD-r. Just my two cents.

Mr. Explorer and aoxomoxoa like this.
  23. mrjinks

mrjinks Optimistically Challenged

Saw this at my local record shop today. Not exactly earth-shaking, but interesting enough to take a pic of - I'd never seen this sticker...
    [​IMG]

24. RayS

RayS Paying attention like a rattlesnake does

Hope I can get tickets!!!

25. Wingsfan2012

It was the concert opening song and the new single right when that leg of the tour started so the hype sticker makes sense!

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.