Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Calico

Calico Senior Member

You can ad "Blackpool" on "Wild Life" (there's a 1971-ish demo of it that circulates).

But then, your listing are based on stuff we know exist.
    More than once, Paul has surprised us by including - or at least making available - material absolutely no one knew existed on his archive reissues.
    "It's Not On"*, the Richard Niles version of "Blue Sway" or "Rock My Baby" being three examples.

*sorry, I just read now that it's been mentioned a few minutes ago!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2019
    Mr. Explorer, theMess and FKA002 like this.
  2. supermd

supermd Senior Member

True, but the listings provided say 3-CD each deluxe version.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  3. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Who knows? A demo of 'Fuh You' from WildLife-era called 'Freak You' might exist
    :D

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2018
  4. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

For some reasons I ignore, I can't include stuff I don't know about ;)

I could see some live stuff on digital download on his website, like Eat At Home and Smile Away 1972 live performances were for RAM (I think?)

5. Who Cares

Who Cares Forum Resident

Wings Wild Life...

Probably disc 3 will have the rehearsals...

6. mikecarrera

mikecarrera Forum Resident

yep, it means will be available ONLY at the PM official store(s)

theMess, Sean Murdock, Yorick and 4 others like this.
  7. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Oh you got some news!?

8. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

Incredible performance. What a song too

9. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

AKA the second verse of "Rupert Song" :D

theMess and Frank like this.
  10. SixOClockBoos

SixOClockBoos The Man On The Flaming Pie

I'm behind on this, but we got barcodes?

Bring these on.

Mr. Explorer and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  11. Pretty.Odd.

Pretty.Odd. Guess I'm Dumb

And claims of a press release on Thursday

12. joeislive

joeislive Streets Ahead

Oh man @mikecarrera has changed his avatar to Red Rose Paul! I'm more certain than ever that this is happening now!

Mamunia, andrewskyDE, theMess and 6 others like this.
  13. igor stravinsky

igor stravinsky Forum Resident

I didn't realize that Paul sat on Goodnight Tonight for more than a year before it was released, and that there was a year between the recording of the A and B sides.

14. XC70

XC70 Forum Resident

Да, Вы все поняли правильно.

15. Calico

Calico Senior Member

Yes, that original, non-overdubbed and very long version is out there, when you know where to look for it.

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  16. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

Those tracklist make complete sense, and would be utterly fantastic. The only improvement would be a 3rd RRS disc which presents a full '72 concert. But I doubt we'll get that.

Any thoughts on the DVDs?

FKA002 and Pretty.Odd. like this.
  17. supermd

supermd Senior Member

The deluxe edition contains a 3rd CD. What do you guess would be on it if not a '72 concert?

18. Mumbojunk

Mumbojunk Forum Resident

Good point. But not all the deluxe editions had a 3rd audio disc, did they? What would Wild Life have if there was one?

But, yes, a live '72 show would be the obvious way to go if there was a 3rd disc. Fingers crossed.

Mr. Explorer and supermd like this.
  19. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Maybe Disc 3 is the original double LP album in one disc, as it also will be released on vinyl
    That would lead us to get songs from the standard album twice but it kinda makes sense to get it in one round

paulmccartneyistheman likes this.
  20. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I'm not sure if you missed it, but here are the (to-be-confirmed-on-Thursday) configurations for the deluxe sets:

A '72 show would be pretty amazing! I'm very curious to know what will be present on the 3rd disc of both of these.

Mr. Explorer, Mumbojunk and Ken.e. like this.
  21. FKA002

FKA002 Forum Resident

Remember we had Tug Of War twice in the boxset (although it was a remix)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  22. Thrillington

Thrillington McCartney Scholar Thread Starter

I imagine they’ll go the McCartney II route and have all the cut tracks on the second disc, then all the other bonus tracks on the third disc.

I’m just glad we’ve got the option to choose which we’d prefer on vinyl, though I’m not sure which one I’d go for.

jmxw and supermd like this.
  23. hazard

hazard Forum Resident

I first heard RRS when I was about 12, had mixed feelings then and still have mixed feelings. There are a few great songs. Get on The Right Thing is ace, maybe because it's a RAM era song. When the Night is also excellent and I love Loup. I dont get the disdain for this and I certainly dont get the constant comparison to Pink Floyd. Henry and or Denny sound nothing like David Gilmour and Paul's bass sounds nothing like Roger Waters. Anyway I loved this when I first heard it and since it would be another 5 years before I ever heard any music by PF I certainly didn't think of them when I listened to Loup.
    Big Barn Bed is a good but there is an even better song trying to break free but it remains shackled by Paul's plodding bass line. Which is kind of dumb when you think about all the great bass lines Paul has played in the last 55 years.
    I have always hated My Love. Schmaltzy rubbish. Paul and Linda's marriage is a great love story but I don't need to hear it set to music. Maybe if George Martin did the string arrangement it would not finish up so cloyingly soppy.
    The rest of it is OK but soft - too much like granny music. I must admit I do enjoy listening to all of it but it's more a nostalgic visit to my childhood when I had about 10 albums and this got a lot of playtime.
    Now I know that this was originally meant to be a double album - I would have expected a better outcome when it was pared down to a single. Was Paul's judgement clouded by the weed? Which brings me to another point. I always think it's a strange anomaly that Paul was supposedly smoking like a chimney but his music is the antithesis of stoner music. Go figure.
    Bottom line, bring on the re-issue. Its Paul McCartney, its the bloody RRS album I dont care if it sold or not I am in.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2018
    jricc, gja586, blutiga and 4 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.