Paul McCartney Archive Collection - 'Forthcoming Releases' [TBC]

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Thrillington, Mar 25, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longdist01

longdist01 Senior Member

[​IMG]

Paul borrowed from Astrid Kircherr

zobalob and Hep Alien like this.
  2. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Reportedly, McCartney told him, "You know, I really don't like to do what other people tell me to do," and the kid was so traumatized by this personality defect that he left school and rode the trains as a hobo for the rest of his life! Vol 2 coming soon.

Hep Alien and alexpop like this.
  3. supermd

supermd Senior Member

It's pretty interesting, isn't it?

gottafeelin likes this.
  4. Frank

Frank Senior Member

A showman makes for show. I guess it depends on your definition of interesting. It's kind of expected.

I think it's a little more interesting that the guy who called the press in to interview him in bed with his wife felt like he needed to point out someone's desire for attention.

5. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Makes sense. I certainly wouldn't call it a personality defect. ;) I find it interesting that this trait can be found over the years, starting as a kid. We all have things like that. I think your lens of "entertainer" is pretty spot on. He also likes to be goofy, too. Seems like a fun guy.

I think John was calling attention not to himself, but his message of peace, using his celebrity as a vehicle for a larger awareness, but I'm not opening that can of worms. ;)

zobalob, Mr. Explorer and Frank like this.
  6. Frank

Frank Senior Member

He's certainly kept me entertained for three solid decades.

OK, being honest, you guys talking with me about it have carried his "keeping me entertained" load for the last few years. He's kind of become a tool in that time. So it all works out.

Lennon cared about peace because the press cared about him caring about peace. If they'd cared about the homeless at that time, he'd have become a homeless advocate. If they'd cared about domestic abuse - well, he might have imploded into a supernova. Who knows?

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
  7. supermd

supermd Senior Member

I wonder if Lewisohn will address this in Vol. 3. ;)

Frank and Mr. Explorer like this.
  8. alexpop

alexpop Power pop + other bad habits....

There was a lot of McCartney back story left out in Vol 1, hopefully corrected in Vol 2.

maywitch and Frank like this.
  9. Frank

Frank Senior Member

Yes, we will find out many more of McCartney's deep emotional flaws and everyone else's daily routines and instrument purchases in volume 2! Can't wait.

alexpop likes this.
  10. alexpop

Price of plectrums? :)

Mr. Explorer likes this.
  11. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Just when I thought I couldn't be more excited for Vol. 2... ;)

Mr. Explorer and Frank like this.
  12. Frank

Frank Senior Member

LEAKED Volume 2 revelation: Questionable lyrics at the end of Strawberry Fields aren't Cranberry Sauce, they're "I tolerated Paul."

Hep Alien, jwb1231970 and Sean like this.
  13. alexpop

Vol 2.
    Preface 100 pages.

14. alexpop

Vol 2: History: British isles.
    People used newspapers for toilet paper also to wrap fish suppers. Also as word usage in Sgt Pepper " newspaper taxis".

15. Cokeman118

Cokeman118 Forum Resident

I remember back in 2015 I was in Amsterdam, checking out the many cannabis coffee shops, when I bumped into this Dutch hipster who told me they really liked my "New" album. I thought that was amazing because I had just finished putting the finishing touches on it. But then I was like "oh, that other "New" album... That sort of made me realize , y’know, that "New" wasn’t as bad as I thought because I’d always sort of dismissed it as not being very good. And y’know actually there’s a few tracks that I remembered I love like "New" of course, and even one I’d forgotten doing like "Alligator” which was really like a short story y'know, not any personal experience. I did that with "Elanor Rigby" as well. It's like not me singing it y'know, it's this other guy, like your alter ego and you become this character- Paul McCartney

Last edited: Feb 8, 2018
    Sean, Mr. Explorer, Hep Alien and 2 others like this.
  16. efegarcia

efegarcia Forum Resident

It´s another clue...dead people doesn´t wear shoes ( like in abbey road ),,,,,,,or hats...!!!!..... :D

17. Haristar

Haristar Apollo C. Vermouth

How did they run out of red flowers?

"Ok, now it's time for the "Your Mother Should Know" scene. There's no point checking if we have enough red flowers. Action!"

18. supermd

supermd Senior Member

Makes more sense than "Paul is dead." ;)

Paulwalrus and Haristar like this.
  19. Johnny Reb

Johnny Reb Résident du forum

"How many Beatles are there? Three, right?" :laugh:

Haristar and Mr. Explorer like this.
  20. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

[​IMG]

;)

21. jwb1231970

jwb1231970 Ordinary Guy

appendix, 350 pages

Frank likes this.
  22. Frank

Frank Senior Member

I think you're confused. The 350 pages about Ringo's burst appendix were in Vol 1.

23. alexpop

Lennon premonition ?

24. maywitch

maywitch Forum Resident

Well you have to remember this was Magical Mystery Tour. This was not really a very well planned production. LOL It's entirely probable they left buying the flowers until the last minute(which does make a kind of sense, you don't want them to wilt before you use them) and then the local florist only had 3 red ones left. There are actually plenty of instances where John is the one doing something a little different or wearing something a little different. And seriously how is Paul taking off his sandals some big statement but John walking around in an all white suit is just like everyone else? Paul took off his shoes, John wore all white - neither one is being more attention seeking than the other.

As for the school picture, if you notice these are not all well behaved kids sitting perfectly smiling (or frowning) for their class picture. Half the class is looking around, not looking at the camera, those little girls in the front seem to have a grand old time chatting. Heck they may have done it on purpose "when he goes to snap the picture let's all DO something!" and then some of them did. I mean look at most of the Beatles other class photos, they aren't nearly as haphazard as this one looks, which does suggest there may have been a plan behind it.(Frankly knowing Paul's mischievous nature as a youngster--I believe there is a quote from a family member comparing the McCartney boys to a "circus" once lol-- it could even have been his idea, he was kind of known for coming up with ideas like that, it's one of the reasons he was popular, he was smart and a hard worker but he was fun).

Though of course if John had been doing it it would have been a sign of his rebellious nature and off beat sense of humor showing itself at an early age. Being Paul, of course it naturally it seems to get painted in a negative cynical light as just being "attention seeking" even though he was just a little boy.

25. Beatles_Fan_98

Beatles_Fan_98 Well-Known Member

I would have thought Paul would give us any upcoming news on something. At least news on his new album. Whats the latest prediction about that one?

PaperbackBroadstreet likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.