Paul McCartney 'Out There' 2013 tour

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by mindgames, Mar 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikee

mikee Forum Resident

Actually it sounds like Paul has a once in a lifetime marketing person on the tour promotion staff. "The McCartney live experience is a once in a lifetime opportunity"pronouncement is followed one sentence later with "these past four decades have seen him play in a staggeringly impressive range of venues ...."
    He rarely performs live/he's performed everywhere live. This kind of hyperbole hardly seems neccesary considering that this artist being promoted is Paul McCartney. I guess these people can't stop themselves.

2. Rfreeman

Rfreeman Senior Member

I would axe the Lennon tunes in favor of Silly Love Songs (unplayed since the 70s) and Little Lamb Dragonfly (unplayed)

3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

I am thinking about the Warsaw show as it fits with some other travel that I need to do. Is anyone familiar with Warsaw? I am well aware of the city's history, but wonder what people think of it as a spot to stop on vacation, do some quick touring and take in the show.

Any thoughts from those who know the city?

4. Pawnmower

Pawnmower Senior Member

5. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Does he book tours around his Beatrice custody schedule? 2 weeks on, 2 weeks off?

6. rickboy

rickboy Forum Resident

Wow! My first Paul concert(chaos and creation) in 2005 Pontiac Michigan had Drive my car and Hey Jude. The voice sounded like it was 1975! I got the song list as a gift from an usher. Its taped above my amp.

7. rickboy

rickboy Forum Resident

People have touched on the setlist opinions. Besides the adults that have never seen a Beatle perform live, there are all the children. My second daughter was in mama's "tummy" for that '05 concert. I might be bored to hear "Hey Jude" but I guarantee I'll be bawling when my baby girl (now 7) sings along.

JoeRockhead likes this.
  8. somebodywhocares

somebodywhocares Forum Resident

paulmccartney.com presale for Boston at 9 a.m. today (have to be registered with the website)

Amex presale at redsox.com at 10 a.m. today

Does anyone know which one is more likely to turn up the best seats? I'd hate to buy some at the pm.com pre-sale only to find there were better at the amex. Thoughts?

9. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

McCartney site seems down. Did you get an email about it or just saw it on the site earlier?

10. somebodywhocares

Got an email a few minutes ago.

11. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Thanks. I didn't get one. :realmad: I want tickets!

12. somebodywhocares

You should be able to register at the site, you just enter your email, and then buy tickets. Assuming the site is working!

13. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I am registered. Just no email. And yeah the site is down right now. And 'I'm Down' as well.

14. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

The site is back up.

15. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Presale site is now active.

16. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

I got 4 seats! Good times.

17. Jack

Jack Senior Member

Some nice turf seats down front available.

18. somebodywhocares

I got 2 in center section, Row 18!

19. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

One nice thing about McCartney tours, at least here in the U.S., is that tickets are relatively easy the last few years. It's probably a product of higher prices, but it's pretty stress-free, especially here in the Northeast.

I'd love to go to the Fenway show, but it's in the middle of the week after a holiday weekend, and right after 3 days in Saratoga for some other concerts for me. Hopefully he'll hit up the NY/Philly area as well.

20. ampmods

ampmods Forum Resident

Hey I just got my email from the pm site about the presale. Ha.

21. somebodywhocares

Good point. This one and 2009 were very easy. I remember in 2005, my first PM show, tickets were sold out before I even got through to Tickemaster. Fortunately they announced a second show within minutes of the first one going on sale and I was able to jump in and get floor seats. I've been very fortunate to get great seats all three times. I'm just hoping he keeps the newer Wings additions in the set. I'd pay the full ticket price just to hear those songs.

22. rockstar2866

rockstar2866 Forum Resident

Just got tickets at Fenway in A5, Row 20. It turns out they're the furthest out to the left. Am I not going to be able to see at all? Gambled that they were the closest in and lost :(

23. somebodywhocares

Don't sweat.....you have awesome seats! We were in A6 last time and they were very good.

24. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, A5 will be fine. A7 and A1 are the sections farthest to the side (of the "A"s, that is).

I wouldn't sit anywhere other than A3, A4 or A5...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.