Paul McCartney - The Music and Animation Collection

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by JonUrban, Feb 19, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

New DVD coming out on April 13, "Enchanting Animated Tales with ORIGINAL Music by Paul McCartney". 43 minutes from Buena Vista.

This will contain "Rupert and the Frog Song" as well as "We All Stand Together". Both of these were available on 8" LD, but never widely released. Two other tales are "Tuesday" and "Tropic Island Hum", I've never heard of these.

Too bad the video of "Once Upon a Long Ago" wasn't included, although that is not ALL animation.

It does not say if it will be in STUNNING 5.1 surround sound!

2. Jeff H.

Jeff H. Senior Member

That sounds pretty cool. I still have my 8" LD copy of "Rupert And The Frog Song". Do you know if the clip for "Seaside Woman" will be included with this? It was on the "Rupert" VHS and LD copies. More than likely the audio will probably just be 2.0 stereo like the original videos were. One other thing, "We All Stand Together" is one of the featured songs on the "Rupert" video.

3. LtPepper

LtPepper Forum Resident

Press release copied from abbeyrd site:

Miramax Expands Family Home Entertainment Library With Three Animated Stories Produced by Legendary Musician Paul McCartney

Tropic Island Hum, Tuesday and Rupert and The Frog Song To be Released on DVD and Video Spring 2004
    NEW YORK, Dec. 3 /PRNewswire/-- Miramax co-chairman Harvey Weinstein announced today that the Company has acquired a trio of classic animated stories produced by musical legend Sir Paul McCartney. "Tropic Island Hum," "Tuesday" and "Rupert & The Frog Song" are scheduled to be released on DVD and video in Spring 2004. McCartney and Weinstein most recently collaborated on "The Concert for New York City," which raised $35 million for the victims of 9/11.

McCartney worked with long-time collaborator Geoff Dunbar to create additional special effects in order to enhance the animation. In addition, newly recorded live-action footage -- featuring McCartney himself -- will be included.

"While the world knows Paul as a creative, musical genius, he is also a master of animation and I'm thrilled to be working with him again," said Weinstein. "In keeping with the great Disney tradition, these three titles are breathtaking and will be a real treat for families to watch together."

"I've loved animation since I was a little kid and I'm proud that Harvey and Miramax are handling the release of these three little gems," said McCartney.

Jeff Tahler, vice president of acquisitions, is overseeing the project for Miramax in New York and Colin Vaines, executive vice president of European production and development, is handling the project for Miramax in the UK. Stuart Ford, executive vice president and co-head of Miramax International, negotiated the agreement on behalf of the Company. Lee Eastman of Eastman & Eastman negotiated the agreement on behalf of McCartney.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.