Paul McCartney's "Out There" Tour (Part 4)

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by hodgo, Apr 30, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

Register at PaulMcCartney.com and you'll be able to access the fan presale Thursday morning at 10 AM at his website.

Or if you want the Amex presale, just have your card handy at 10 AM and access via Ticketmaster.

Rob Hughes likes this.
  2. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Amazing that so many people want McCartney to do what I've been asking for years, change the setlist!

theMess and mr._mojo_filter like this.
  3. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Is this the "I think I'll play the same mid-market cities as the Stones Just Did" Tour?

4. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

The story (or urban legend) we used to pass around when we were kids was that McDonald's spent millions on extensive research deciding where to place new franchises. Burger King didn't spend a dime - they just put them in the same places as McDonald's.

5. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

What I am certain is happening here is that promoters, having seen that cities like Buffalo and Columbus were able to support a Stones show, are now willing to promote an equally high-priced McCartney show in those cities. It helps that McCartney is playing arenas rather than football stadiums.

6. susyredstripe

susyredstripe Forum Resident

I think 4 shows are going on sale at the same time. How soon do you think the site will crash after 10am?

7. RayS

RayS A Little Bit Older and a Little Bit Slower

I was surprised to see him playing at State College, thinking the venue was much smaller than the usual McCartney standard. I saw Dylan there in 1990 and it was about a 6000 seater. I see, however, that they've long since replaced that building with an arena with a 15,000 or so capacity.

theMess likes this.
  8. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Yeah, the Bryce Jordan Center is a "real arena". I've seen Bruce there a few times - it's a reasonably big place...

RayS likes this.
  9. Oatsdad

I think it's pretty clear that Paul will continue to tour in this manner - small pockets of shows - as long as he can physically do so.

While his voice clearly isn't what it used to be, he shows no signs of slowing down in terms of stamina. Crud, the shows seem to get longer as he gets older!

On one hand (clapping), it seems unfathomable to imagine he'd play three-hour shows when he's 83. On the other hand, 10 years ago it seemed unfathomable he'd be playing three-hour shows when he was 73!

Rocco, Benno123, theMess and 4 others like this.
  10. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Thanks for the info. Hopefully he will get rid of that rising platform, change a few songs and begin a new tour in April/May 2016.

11. Oatsdad

That platform is the biggest waste I've seen. Macca uses it for two songs (IIRC) and it makes fans in the front row way farther away than they should be the rest of the night.

Macca charges $2000 (IIRC) for front row seats, but they're the equivalent of 5th or 6th row because of that useless platform.

Stupid, stupid idea. Why make a giant platform and barely use it?

12. crossroads69

crossroads69 Senior Member

Wow, a McCartney gig at Penn State? Wish it was 2006!

revolution_vanderbilt likes this.
  13. Yankee8156

Yankee8156 Senior Member

9:58 am :D

As far as PM.com goes, I've had mostly good luck getting through - meaning no real crashes, just a mix up one time where they screwed up the links and the link for New Orleans would bring you to Albany and the link for Albany would bring you to Nashville or something like that. It was just this past spring that I finally had an issue with loading the site - a message for an access code was coming up, and by the time I was able to bypass it, tickets were gone. I think having the Amex presale on TM at the same time might split some of the traffic.

14. forthlin

forthlin Member Chris & Vickie Cyber Support Team

Both Paul & Bruce wear me out at those shows! Sheesh, maybe they need to get into the diet & workout business. Something is working pretty good for those two.

mr._mojo_filter and theMess like this.
  15. BeatleStair

BeatleStair Senior Member

For those of you without Facebook, the time for getting tickets on PaulMcCartney.com tomorrow morning starts an hour earlier than posted in the email!

16. edenofflowers

edenofflowers A New Stereophonic Sound Spectacular!

After the Stockholm show earlier this year a friend said to me "How come he didn't sweat?" and it was true, no sweat patches to be seen while I was sweating like a piglet.
    It just ain't right! :D

theMess and forthlin like this.
  17. Glenn Christense

Glenn Christense Foremost Beatles expert... on my block

That's because Paul isn't actually there. It's a hologram of him. :p

Johnny Reb, edenofflowers and theMess like this.
  18. Oatsdad

It's easier to understand Bruce's "fountain of youth". He never did drugs/smoked and he's been into serious physical fitness for decades.

Macca? Maybe it's all the vegan food! :shrug:

Johnny Reb and RayS like this.
  19. Oatsdad

They sent out an updated e-mail! :)

BeatleStair likes this.
  20. 5th-beatle

5th-beatle Forum Resident

Good luck to those who will try to buy tickets tomorrow!

forthlin and BeatleStair like this.
  21. revolution_vanderbilt

revolution_vanderbilt Forum Resident

nah, it's a 3D printout

22. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

I signed up on his website yesterday and I haven't received any emails yet.

23. fishcane

fishcane Dirt Farmer

Just login to the PM forum ( http://maccaboard.paulmccartney.com/phpBB2/viewforum.php?f=19 ) and look under "rockshow" for the thread that will contain pre-sale for the show you want. click the link and it will take you to a page that requires you to enter your email address which in turn will take you to the tickets page

24. fab432

fab432 “To the toppermost of the poppermost, Johnny!”

In my humble opinion the only way to really get tickets on these pre sales is to not go to the concert and flip them for big bucks in stub hub. In fact when the Toronto tickets went on presale for the fan club I did exactly as instructed. Went to the site a few minutes prior to the start like many couldn't find the pre sale link. Found it in the forum section 5 min after 10am and no tickets were left.i then went to stub hub and there were well over a 100 tickets for sale all at wacko prices. A pair of floors $10,000, section 109 a pair for $4500. If these tickets were truly only available to fan club members as a pre sale looks like his fan base would rather make money. Quite a joke really!!

Benno123 and mr._mojo_filter like this.
  25. Amnesiac

Amnesiac Forum Resident

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.