Paul Revere - Health problems

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Batears52, Aug 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batears52

Batears52 Senior Member Thread Starter

Folks at the Hot August Nights show in Reno last week reported that Paul Revere (now 75) remarked on some recent health issues during the show. While still wearing the "Raiders" hat & outfit, Paul has apparently either lost his hair - or it's been shaved off. Rather than standing as he usually does, he sat thru the performance and at one point, asked people to pray for him. He also was using a cane.

Mark Lindsay posted the following on his Facebook page today:
    "It now seems, unfortunately, that my old partner Paul Revere – with whom I used to share outrageous wild dreams of being a successful rock & roll band – is now fighting a tremendous health battle. Please keep Paul and his wife Syd in your thoughts and prayers, as it's a most difficult time for both of them and the whole Raider family. ~ Mark"

This sounds very serious - I hope that Paul can pull through & keep on rockin'!

EasterEverywhere and Hep Alien like this.
  2. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

Hope he doesn't suffer long. The man gave me many hours of entertainment.

3. lightrom

lightrom Ready . . Fire . . Aim!

Sorry to hear this. I will keep him in my prayers. He was such a positive force in music, always optimistic and joyful.

Mike

4. RockWizard

RockWizard Forum Resident

Sorry to hear this about Paul. I saw him about 15 years ago and he was wild and rambunctious on stage. Nice guy, met him after the show.

MikaelaArsenault likes this.
  5. Jamey K

Jamey K Internet Sensation

Aw...I hate that. I can't imagine the band going on without him.

6. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

Thanks for posting this. My thoughts are with he and his family.

7. Bill

Bill Senior Member

Best wishes and prayers to PR.

8. empirelvr

empirelvr "That's *just* the way it IS!" - Paul Anka

Horrible news. :cry: I love PR&TR. So underrated. I too offer my best wishes.

9. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

Yeah these guys brought me so much fun growing up, the very best of wishes!

10. McLover

McLover Senior Member

Hope Paul Revere pulls through this. Paul Revere & The Raiders sure have given me much pleasure through the years.

11. Deano6

Deano6 Forum Resident

Best wishes Paul. Why isn't this band in the Hall Of Fame? Oops, forgot. That's for Madonna & Public Enemy. Anyway, the Raiders were the best American band of the '60's.

beatlematt, jgreen, Hep Alien and 5 others like this.
  12. GV1967

GV1967 Senior Member

13. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

14. Chris C

Chris C Music was my first love and it will be my last!

Saw Paul and the newer band just a few years ago in Cleveland, at one of those WMJI "Moondog" shows and although missing the "voice" of Mark Lindsey, the band still gave a fine performance. Very sorry to hear that Paul is not doing well and I wish him the best. Great time to mention to those of you that didn't already buy a copy of their COLUMBIA singles in MONO CD set, you better do it right now!

Rickchick likes this.
  15. Adam9

Adam9 Русский военный корабль, иди на хуй.

Best wishes for improved health for Paul. I saw him and the band (double-billed with Herman's Hermits) last summer and it was a tremendous show. Both Peter Noone and Paul Revere made some pretty hilarious cracks about each other during their respective sets. One by Peter hit maybe too close to home when he mentioned that Paul was already fast asleep in his room (the Hermits closed the show) after taking his limo (you know, the white one with the big red cross on top) back to the hotel.

16. gd0

gd0 Looney Tunes and Merrie Melodies

Best to Paul, of course.

Saw 'em in '66! Killer show, natch.

jgreen likes this.
  17. Platterpus

Platterpus Senior Member

Get well Paul. I hope you pull through.

18. Paul -Drake- Smitty-Fang- and Mark The mad men of rock and roll there will never be another band like them

bfraizer and Hep Alien like this.
  19. houston

houston Forum Resident

the group is booked for Winstar, in Oklahoma, next January... I'm betting that show won't happen.... just being realistic, don't shoot me

20. Rickchick

Rickchick Forum Resident

Does anyone know why Mark doesn't go out to do the vocals? I'd pay good money for that.

sewerdog likes this.
  21. houston

houston Forum Resident

no, but likely there is bad blood.... Paul Revere controls the group and its image, and people go see them without Mark, so Mark probably would get little money to rejoin.... all speculation on my part...

more speculation: I bet 80% of the concert attendees don't realize the "real" lead singer isn't there

sewerdog likes this.
  22. real fans of the group will know

23. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

Did he still do the hairdryer gag?

24. houston

houston Forum Resident

agree, but the question is begged... how many REAL fans go to a Paul Revere and the hired-hands concert? not many... you'd be shocked at the number of people I know of, who think the Temptations have their orignal lead singers at this point in time! I bet the average music listener (and consider, of course, we on the forum are far from average) thinks a band from the 1960's or 70's that still does shows, HAS to have the real people onstage...

25. SoundAdvice

SoundAdvice Senior Member

It takes a 20 second glance at their wiki page before buying tickets. Some audience members CHOOSE to be naive.

houston likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.