Paul Stanley Is Now a Singer in a Soul Music Cover Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by cungar, Aug 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

looks like your wish will come true

Regarding his future plans for SOUL STATION, Stanley said: "What I'd love to do is do some new music with the band and I'd also like to do a live CD, 'cause we've recorded everything, and, quite honestly, it sounds as good as anything done in a studio. You can't go wrong with the people that I've got in this band. When you've got three great back-up singers, when you've got three great horn players. The pedigree of everybody in the band… I'm the mutt, but I hold up my end."
    Read more at http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/vi...c-the-tracks-of-my-tears/#J1GyXZRgEdo0jRXP.99

2. That's even worse than I imagined it would be.

3. ModernDayWarrior

ModernDayWarrior Senior Member

He should cover something from Peter Criss' solo album ;)

905, johnny q, Rhett and 2 others like this.
  4. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

This doesn't suck at all. Good for him.

5. piston broke

piston broke Forum Resident

Good for Paul.

Now how about Gene in a Beatles tribute band?

6. DVEric

DVEric Satirical Intellectual

I actually know Gene personally, he told me he will form the Beatles tribute band eventually, but at the moment his time and energy is taken with the Kiss tribute band he's been since 1982.

[​IMG]

dadonred, Sneaky Pete, Sean and 2 others like this.
  7. Diamond Dog

Diamond Dog Cautionary Example

Fear The Walking Dead.

I've listened to several YouTube clips of this Paul Stanley project and the only place it transports me to is Pledge Week on PBS - serviceable renditions which make you want to hear the original, better versons. Other than as a vanity project, I'm not seeing the point. If there is one beyond vanity. Which I doubt. Maybe in a few years Paul will write another book dissing the members of this band...

D.D.

jupiter8, somnar, Sean and 1 other person like this.
  8. piston broke

piston broke Forum Resident

Looks like Gene's sharing hairdresser with Donald Trump. Or hair donor maybe!:D

dadonred likes this.
  9. SizzleVonSizzleton

SizzleVonSizzleton The Last Yeti

With these aging rockers, I guess I see any project like this as taking away time from projects with the bands that made them famous; the band I care about. In many cases the main bands weren't/aren't going to record anyway, but it still bugs me. Time is fleeting.

10. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I agree...Bowie's death hit me hard and I can't help thinking Gene & Paul (and Tommy & Eric) need to be cranking out music while they can.

11. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Unless he starts hanging out with Ron Jeremy...

johnny q likes this.
  12. dkmonroe

dkmonroe A completely self-taught idiot

I keep hearing the Moody Blues in my head singing, "I'm just a singer in a soul cover band..." :laugh:

Grant likes this.
  13. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Well, i'm glad a famous American artist is recognizing and supporting R&B. It usually seems that the only people who give respect to it are the Brits. It's time Americans stood up for their own art form.

I say: go for it Paul!

14. MagneticNorthpaw

MagneticNorthpaw Senior Member

Don't hate, but I could see him covering "Don't You Let Me Down." He WON'T. But I could see it. :D

15. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

Maybe Paul will do Tim Curry doing Sloe Gin...
    You know, like Escape from the Island? :laugh:

16. dadonred

dadonred Life’s done you wrong so I wrote you all this song

Will Paul smash the upright bass at the end of the show?

MagneticNorthpaw and Curveboy like this.
  17. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

Are you saying he is going to get his nose pruned down to look like one on a skull and get all kinds of bizarre plastic surgery that makes him look like a space alien?

18. DVEric

Well, that's certainly a possibility, but the scarier thought is that he looks a lot like that now, although his nose still looks good.

19. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

and then charge $8,500 to one lucky buyer, autograph extra :angel:

dadonred likes this.
  20. rockledge

rockledge Forum Resident

I wasn't so much making reference to him ending up looking like her so much as the chance of ending up looking like someone else who tried to look like her........ *ahem*.............

21. DVEric

Ah! Very clever, I was off my game earlier.

22. maccafan

maccafan Senior Member

I like it!

I give him all the credit in the world for having the courage to do something different, and it sounds good as well!

Grant, I totally agree with you, it's great to see famous Americans recognize our contributions to fantastic music.

I also agree that many old school acts should still be recording new music.

In all honesty, even if they did, what would be the result? Old school acts don't get the support, promotion, attention that they have more than earned and deserve!

I've said many times, if Paul McCartney made the best album of his entire life these days, would it get the real attention that it deserved, would he be asked to perform on the biggest and most popular shows and specials.

Not just McCartney, but any of the old school acts, because quite a few of them have come out with great new albums, but most don't even know about them?

If they had brand new killer music, would it get real attention?

23. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

That clip was much better than I expected, not bad at all. Beats the heck out of hearing him croak his way through "Love Gun."

GodShifter likes this.
  24. The Panda

The Panda Forum Mutant

I just had to share this quote I found:

Imagine an alternate universe where the KISS reunion doesn't happen, the band gets dropped and immediately forgotten after Carnival Of Souls and Paul is reduced to butchering the classics at bus stops next to a tip jar and that will give you a good idea what Paul Stanley's Soul Station sounds like.

Alfie Noakes and dadonred like this.
  25. Curveboy

Curveboy Forum Resident

I think the alternate universe would be COS is released on time and spawns a huge hit for them in The Jungle, which even two years late did pretty well for them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.