Paul's TV (King of the Big Screen) has closed

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by cdash99, Oct 19, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member Thread Starter

Not sure if this belongs in the Visual Arts section, but Paul's TV has closed.

http://www.twice.com/news/retail/paul-s-tv-no-more/58898

Primarily an LA-based chain (some of the west coast forum members can hopefully provide more details), they had opened up locations on the east coast and elsewhere inside furniture store chains. I suspected that they were in trouble when they added appliances to their product line.

It's a shame for the folks working in the east coast stores. Many of them had worked at the Tweeter (RIP) chain and were well versed in product knowledge and customer service (unlike those at an unnamed chain with the initials BB). I'd purchased multiple TV's and HT equipment there and it's another loss in the brick and mortar world.

Mr. LP Collector likes this.
  2. Mr. LP Collector

Mr. LP Collector Forum Resident

Sad to see. According to their website, yes, the franchise has shut down due to the recent death of their owner Paul Goldenberg. I've never bought from them as they don't have a Paul's in my area but I was in a couple different Paul's when I vacationed in California last year. Beautiful stores, both of them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.