Pearl Jam tour 2016

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by joe1320, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident Thread Starter

amoergosum, Jerquee and Erik B. like this.
  2. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

No Hartford show this time around! Does anyone have any inside scoop if more dates are going to be announced? Seems like like a lot of gaps in the itinerary.

3. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

Thurs/Fri in Philadelphia. Boom!

4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Perhaps I'm just a whiner - perhaps? :D - but I hate the new "lottery system" to determine who gets to buy fan club tickets. Sure, the old system was a mess, but at least it put matters into the buyer's own hands.

Now it's a complete crap shoot... :shake:

5. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

I see a big gap in the dates. Maybe a quick crossover to Europe to do some festivals (ROCK WERCHTER please).

6. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

They haven't played Nashville in 13 years. Thanks again, Bonnaroo! I hope something in the water gives everyone the runs for 4 days there.

I don't understand their continual thing of playing second and third tier cities...Memphis last year, now Lexington, Greenville, Columbia SC...no offense to anyone who lives there, i'm sure they're lovely places, but then skipping Nashville, Atlanta, Cincinnati...bigger markets that most likely would sell more tickets and be easier (and debatably more fun) for fans to travel to. I put in for Lexington, but getting there and back on a Tuesday with that whole 'adult job' thing is going to be a pain in the ass. Being a PJ fan outside of NY, Seattle, or Chicago is very rarely a fun exercise.

7. Erik B.

Erik B. Fight the Power

I am officially going to both nights of Boston. yippee :pineapple:

Daedalus likes this.
  8. Bowieboy

Bowieboy Forum Resident

As someone from KY, I'm surprised they will play Lexington but skip Louisville, which they haven't played since Vs. in 1994. Louisville is a much bigger city, has a bigger arena, draws names like Springsteen, McCartney, Madonna, etc... yet we haven't gotten them in 22 years while they come to Lexington who generally only gets Dave Matthews Band

Larry Loves LPs likes this.
  9. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

They're performing in my town (Columbia, SC). I might go with my friends from the band that night.

10. Larry Loves LPs

Larry Loves LPs Forum Resident

I was at that 1994 show!

11. LeeGriffin

LeeGriffin Forum Resident

I'm going with my buddy to the Raleigh show. He's a Pearl Jam nut and has tickets to Jacksonville, Raleigh, Columbia, Greenville, Hampton, New York City and both Wrigley Field shows. I'm honestly probably forgetting a few more as well. He and I both tried for Boston tickets yesterday but got shut out. I went to the Charlotte show with him in 2013 and couldn't believe how long the lines are for their merchandise stands. They had one set up outside the arena and the line for it was longer than the general admission line for the actual show.

12. Ivand

Ivand Forum Resident

No Houston dates?? :(

13. walrus

walrus Staring into nothing

Their tour routing is baffling every time, just about. I mean, they played Memphis last year. Nothing wrong with the city, but it isn't exactly a hotbed of PJ fandom. (The show was well-attended, but not sold out, and just about everyone we met had come there from somewhere else). I've never been to Lexington, but it's basically just a college town, right? Do college students in 2016 even know who Pearl Jam is? (as much as it kills me to say it, current UK students' probably know PJ as "their parents' music" at this point). They're a frustrating band to be a fan of, for sure, at this point. I know Eddie wants to be the grunge Springsteen, but I wish he'd take inspiration from Bruce's touring schedule as well as his individual performances.

Bowieboy likes this.
  14. Senor Muddy

Senor Muddy Forum Resident

Telluride!!

15. Mike B

Mike B Forum Resident

Both my sister and I tried to get tickets to either of their NYC shows and failed. How the heck do you buy tickets?
    (Clearly I don't go to very many big rock shows any more)

16. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Getting PJ tickets through Ticketmaster becomes more complicated since so many are held for the fan club...

17. Jerquee

Jerquee Take this, brother, may it serve you well.

I'm in for the second MSG show.

18. super sally

super sally Forum Resident

Anyone got two tickets to Greenville? I'm looking for face value or slightly above. THANKS!

19. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

I ended up not even trying for Wrigley tickets this year... It was a debacle a few years ago, and just not a great concert venue. Would have much preferred two nights at Alpine Valley.

GuidedByJonO))) and piepants like this.
  20. WilliamWes

WilliamWes Likes to sing along but he knows not what it means

Going 2 nights at MSG in May. Never saw them live before, almost did for their huge 2000 tour but missed out. It was tough getting tix, but I got pretty lucky on Ticketmaster. I noticed some fake pre-sales earlier that week-hope nobody fell for those scams. Hopefully they change up the setlist for the 2 nights like they usually do.

bartels76 likes this.
  21. guidedbyvoices

guidedbyvoices Old Dan's Records

13 years and running. I don't get it

22. seaisletim

seaisletim Forum Resident

I will absolutely guar-an-tee they play two completely different shows on the two night stand at MSG. Really, they play different shows every night, anyway. Especially on a non-album tour.

As much as any band, PJ pull from all areas of their catalogue every night. They make the deep cuts sound as good as the hits too.

Enjoy!

piepants and Stormrider77 like this.
  23. Paranoid Android

Paranoid Android Forum Resident

Fort Lauderdale - Miami and Wrigley for me. Shows # -14 - 15 and 16 respectively. Started going to their shows back in 1996 when I finally could drive. :)

24. MedozK

MedozK Forum Resident

25. AleYeah

AleYeah Forum Resident

WilliamWes likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.