Pearl Jam Yield Sound Defect

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Michael Perez, Nov 26, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael Perez

Michael Perez New Member Thread Starter

I've had PJ's "Yield" CD since 1998. I recently (modestly) upgraded my stereo and noticed a pop on the last track, All Those Yesterdays at 1:34-1:35. I purchased another copy and discovered that it too had the glitch. A friend of mine, whose system is superior to mine, tested his. Results were the same.

PJ's Ten Club suggests it's an issue with Sony, which manufactured the album.

Does the vinyl have the same problem? Could it be in the master? None of the PJ forums mentioned this but it's not just my disc. Maybe we need a remaster.

2. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

I could not hear it on my CD nor LP copy, both purchased the week of release back in 1998.

1:34-1:35 is in this phrase:

Taking pills to get along
    Creating walls to call your own

Is that right?

3. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

P.S. Welcome to the forum! :)

4. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

No issues on my disc
    CTDP-311 F21A06

5. joel80

joel80 Forum Resident

I hear it too, right when he sings "creating". Never noticed before.

6. JasonA

JasonA Forum Resident

I hear it but I don't think it's a glitch. It seems like it's the "K" sound of "Creating"

7. Damien DiAngelo

Damien DiAngelo Forum Resident

I don't hear it on the vinyl.

8. drapes

drapes Forum Resident

There seems to be big bass note that is coincidental with the "K" sound. On some systems perhaps, this could be harsher and sound like a glitch, maybe?

9. Michael Perez

Michael Perez New Member Thread Starter

Thank you all for the welcome and for responding. This is strange. Three copies tested on three systems here in Seattle had the problem.

I'm glad to know others don't have the issue. My buddy is making a needle drop for me to see if it's on the vinyl.

"Drapes," you're correct. That's the phrase. Someone on the PJ forum suggested there's a similar issue on the CD with Do the Evolution. That one I've never heard.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.