Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

While I think the song title Birthday Boy is quite lame, the actual song is probably my fave. I really enjoyed this album :)

2. smallworld

smallworld Forum Resident

I'd be surprised if they make the new remasters louder. The tide seems to have turned for reissues in that respect. Perhaps that's why Tennant seems less than enthusiastic.

Is the 2001 Further Listening/Actually the only CD source for the Extended version of "What Have I Done to Deserve This" without the dropout at 00:10?

3. c-eling

Possibly. UK Nimbus single has the dropout

4. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

Anyone here know what the packaging for the CD's will be? I really hope they use jewel cases or digipacks and not those cheap card sleeves. I also wonder if the US packaging will be different then the UK/EU packaging.

5. c-eling

Good question Scott. I'm really hoping for jewels and not those tri-fold digi's Universal seems to love

6. mestreech

mestreech Forum Resident

According to Neil they will the same as the reissues for the first albums.

7. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I'm hoping for jewels as well but if not jewels then I hope they use digipacks with the plastic trays- anything but card sleeves!

8. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

I think Neil was talking about the first 6 albums as they were all 2 CD's in jewel cases. However with the titles that come out next week 2 of them have 3 discs and 1 has 2 discs so I hope they don't use card sleeves.

9. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

c-eling likes this.
  10. mr_spenalzo

mr_spenalzo Forum Resident

On the picture of the advance copies, Release and Nightlife look fatter than Fundamental
    And also on Fundamental you see the semi-circle thingies that hold the booklet in place, and the other 2 don't have them.

I think we'll get fatboys

portlandjulian and Scottb like this.
  11. morgan1098

morgan1098 Forum Resident

Those are definitely jewel cases! Cool. But you're right... the 3-disc sets might be in good old-fashioned fatboys.

[​IMG]

CheshireCat, Marc 74, JeffMo and 3 others like this.
  12. Scottb

Scottb Senior Member

That would be sweet. Good old fashioned fatboy cases awesome!!

portlandjulian likes this.
  13. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

Glad to see that people are happy with the packaging details, I always thought that they would not be digipacks and would be up to previous standard :goodie:. Hopefully the music wont disappoint :D

Scottb likes this.
  14. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

er... I just want a download :hide:

:laugh:

MarkusGermany and c-eling like this.
  15. c-eling

Qobuz carries all the others, so these will probably be available also for those who just want to cherry pick

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  16. Starquest

Starquest ‎ ‎ ‎

I was very disappointed to see that the vinyl reissues will only be the studio albums, and not the b-sides or remixes. Some of PSB's very best songs are b-sides. In fact, during this era, there are b-sides and remixes that are better than what's on the studio albums.

I'm not sure I'll get any of these. I only like about half the songs on Nightlife and Fundamental.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  17. dustybooks

dustybooks rabbit advocate

Have we heard if Alternative or its sequel (whose name presently escapes me, I'm sorry!) will be included in the vinyl campaign? Alternative is certainly one of their best releases, I agree their b-sides are often spectacular.

sunspot42, portlandjulian and c-eling like this.
  18. c-eling

My wallet just gave you this look Dusty ---> :realmad: ;)

dustybooks and portlandjulian like this.
  19. morgan1098

Folks in the PSB forum are reporting that their orders from HMV and amazon.uk have dispatched. I ordered the PledgeMusic bundle; I hope I don't regret that decision! :/

c-eling likes this.
  20. c-eling

Here's to good luck Morgan! I had no issues with the Erasure Pledge, shipped from Texas but got it a day later than release. Which was fine, I'm a patient person. If they would of offered some incentives, like Pledge only mixes or what-not I would of used them for sure :)
    I went Amazon this time around

21. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

I just had the Night Life cd in my cart at amazon.ca because the price is way better than Qobuz. Then I thought, I'm waiting until my friends here give it a thumbs up. So I hope you guys don't cost me too much because I'm pretty sure the pre-order price ($25CAD) is the lowest it will be. :laugh:

morgan1098 and c-eling like this.
  22. portlandjulian

morgan1098 and Munros1969 like this.
  23. morgan1098

Dang, I can't get the images to load, but I'm sure they're great!

24. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

I'll bet that guy loves those price stickers directly on his cd sleeves! :cussing:

morgan1098 likes this.
  25. portlandjulian

Hopefully the contents sticker can be removed without damaging the sleeve, unlike the previous editions :D

93curr and c-eling like this.