Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I'm also surprised the PSB singles were never released digitally at iTunes, Amazon, Pono, etc.

Individual DM singles have been available for download for years.

mooseman, c-eling and sunspot42 like this.
  2. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Very true Jeff, I guess they figure maybe the casual fan has no interest in 10 versions of 'New York City Boy" :laugh:
    Thankfully, most of their singles can be had for relatively cheap...

3. OberonOz

OberonOz Senior Member

A VERY Happy New Year coming up it seems! The message on the PSB website for New Years reads -

We would like to wish all PSB fans and visitors to this site a happy and peaceful 2017 and to thank everyone who helped to make 2016 a busy and rewarding year for Pet Shop Boys. Neil and Chris are looking forward to continuing the Super Tour in the UK and Paris in February and we will be announcing more new tour dates soon on this site. We also expect to be announcing full details of a new batch of reissued and remastered albums with accompanying Further Listening albums. Happy New Year!

While its great that there are more tour dates - some that bring them to Australia would be particularly welcome! - but news about new Further Listening editions of their albums is great news.

Rob Hughes, jamesc and Maurice like this.
  4. Nathan Aaron

Nathan Aaron Forum Resident

I'd just be happy to get a copy of Behaviour on vinyl! :)

5. SJP

SJP Forum Resident

I agree, Behaviour on vinyl would be choice!

JP Christian and Nathan Aaron like this.
  6. jsayers

jsayers Just Drifting....

Sounds like they are to continue where they left off with the last batch instead of revisiting or rereleasing prior Further Listening releases...

7. JP Christian

JP Christian Forum Resident

2x45rpm please preferably - I have two copies of the original Behaviour on vinyl, and the sides are a little on the long side...

8. c-eling

God I hope they don't remaster Nightlife worse than it already is...

9. ROFLnaked

ROFLnaked Forum Resident

Is "East End Boys/West End Girls" Pet Shop Boys...?

10. Yost

Yost “It’s only impossible until it’s not”

Yes. The song is called West End Girls. It's from their first album, Please.

11. :whistle:
    Hope the time is being spent fixing up Bobby O demos and the two singles they seemed to have disowned

sunspot42 likes this.
  12. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

News at last from their web site.

Reissues

Marketing meeting at Warner Music to discuss upcoming reissues. Full details later this month. Neil x

In their fan club book called Annually, they also mention that the first 6 reissues (Please, Actually, Introspective, Behaviour or Behavior !!!, Very, Bilingual ) are also going to be reissued as well as the latest 5 (Nightlife, Release, Fundamental, Yes and Elysium). A boxset is also planned at some point "containing everything" :pineapple:

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
  13. c-eling

Good Sounding Nightlife,Good Sounding Nightlife,Good Sounding Nightlife :laugh:
    All i'm hoping for

Scottb likes this.
  14. fumi

fumi Forum Resident

Still find it incredible that none of their work has had the 24Bit treatment.

Dave 81828384 likes this.
  15. joe1320

joe1320 Forum Resident

Great news thanks for posting it

16. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Here is the pic from their website, in case anyone wanted to see. Interesting to see the Introspective and Actually ones at the bottom, wonder if those are going to get a reissue, and if so, any changes in the mastering, etc.

[​IMG]

17. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Good stuff. As someone who lost their PSB CDs in a breakup, I have to ask if they ever had a vinyl reissue campaign that I can get started with? I don't recall seeing one, and would love to see the albums + further listening sets on wax. Box sets of Alternative and Format would also be very appealing.

Or maybe a reissue of this?
    [​IMG]

anorak2 and portlandjulian like this.
  18. c-eling

The only re-issue they did was the US 1988 Actually which included the 12 of Always on My Mind, wonderful packaging/sounding pressing.
    Sound quality on these new ones is definitely going to be up to the mastering as they are all pretty much digital (capped at 44-48) recordings.
    Alternative compact disc set has excellent SQ, Format on vinyl with better mastering would be welcome, the disc edition is destroyed.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2017
    Scottb and jamesc like this.
  19. mooseman

mooseman Forum Resident

I have all those deluxe sets that came out in the early 2000's, it's a shame that they are not the best sounding or fully complete with the extra 12" mixes. I find it kind of funny how Nightlife is getting a lot of attention.
    I don't consider it to be a great PSB album, the singles are excellent from it but new remastering is not going to help a half a good album.

20. PretzelLogic

PretzelLogic Feeling duped by MoFi? You probably deserve it.

Nightlife and Release are the two that I don't outright love, bit it'd be interesting to hear them with a bit of sonic reviewing.

21. portlandjulian

Yes the first 6 reissues are going to be reissued as well. I forgot to add that bit and amended my post.

22. c-eling

I mention Nightlife from a SQ perspective.

mooseman likes this.
  23. portlandjulian

I feel your pain, my Pet Shop Boys collection is stuck in the UK in a large box until they are shipped to me in the USA.

24. boyjohn

boyjohn Senior Member

Sounds good, so I suppose these will be UK only, since even though everything through Fundamental is now under Warner, Yes and Elysium are Universal (Originally Astralwerks) in the US.

25. sunspot42

sunspot42 Forum Resident

Not possible with most of their stuff up until the late-'90s (at least), since after Please it was mostly 16/44 or 16/48 digital recordings, wasn't it?

c-eling likes this.