Pet shop boys reissues

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by fozl1986, Feb 7, 2015.

1. portlandjulian

portlandjulian Forum Resident

They are great according to the comments on the Pet Shop Boys forum ;)

The vinyls sound awesome, have just played them on an expensive hi-fi system, a great remastering effort !

I absolutely agree with that remark. Vinyls sound great, really enjoying them in a not so expensive sound system!

Likewise on vinyl of Please - Tonight is forever has all kinds of details I've missed before. Very satisfying hearing these subtly, but distinctly better and fuller.

:D

c-eling likes this.
  2. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

And you call yourself a fan? :D

3. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

:realmad::wave:

4. krafty

krafty Forum Resident

Does anyone get the impression that, in Actually, the song "Heart", Neil was recovering from a flue or a cold?
    His nose is sounding all the way through the song. Does not happen with the main tracks.

5. modehead101

modehead101 Forum Resident

I may have to purchase those first three albums on vinyl now :) I wonder when 'Very' will be released. I've never heard this album on vinyl - one hopes that its will also come with Relentless which is a bit of a lost classic.

6. modehead101

modehead101 Forum Resident

I thought the Pet's comments about 'Was That...' was in the 'Alternative' booklet but they just talk about how the mix was made - Neil: 'This is a classic example of tons of edits' and go on to mention how the Latin Rascals used a similar process with 'thousands of white bits' where the tape had been cut and edited together. It just have been a media interview possibly during the time of Alternative where the Pets said it was one of their least faves which I remember being a bit shocked by at the time as it's a gem. My memory could be cheating me though :)

anorak2, portlandjulian and jamesc like this.
  7. negative1

negative1 80s retro fan

it's 'very' doubtful that it will come with a bonus disc.

later

8. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

I remember being surprised at them saying they didn't like the song either but I can't remember where. Maybe one of the Literally issues around the time of the Alternative release? It was such a nice surprise when that second Opportunities 12" came out.

portlandjulian likes this.
  9. anorak2

anorak2 Forum Resident

Only the CD versions come with a bonus disc, the vinyls so far have only been the original albums. Regardless I doubt it'll be Relentless, rather the Further Listening stuff. According do discogs, Relentless has never been on vinyl so far.

10. portlandjulian

Relentless has never been on vinyl before, but only as a limited promo, its currently listed on Discogs

Pet Shop Boys - Relentless

I remember seeing one for sale years ago, to expensive for me!

I think in the last Pet shop Boys fan club book / magazine thing they talked about reissuing it at some point.

anorak2 likes this.
  11. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

When does the Disco 2 Further Listening disc come out? :laugh:

jamesc, Michael D and portlandjulian like this.
  12. portlandjulian

Its been released ages ago, surely you have a copy or two ? if not I can provide you with a spare copy :)

A limited edition of the album was released in the USA and contained a second CD with b-sides and additional mixes

USA limited edition bonus CD

• "Decadence" – 3:55
      • "Some speculation" – 6:33
      • "Euroboy" – 4:28
      • "Yesterday, when I was mad" (RAF Zone Dub Mix) – 5:37
      • "I wouldn't normally do this kind of thing" (7" Mix) – 4:45

davers and anorak2 like this.
  13. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I paid $1 in the used bin for regular version of Disco 2 and felt “taken for a ride”...

My brother has the better bonus disc version and I was jealous before Alternative comp came out!

jamesc, portlandjulian and Scottb like this.
  14. portlandjulian

jeffmo789, you can have my spare copy with bonus disc for free if you want ?

JeffMo and jamesc like this.
  15. Dave 81828384

Dave 81828384 Unremarkable Member

I think he's waiting for "free shipping" :laugh:

JeffMo and portlandjulian like this.
  16. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

lol, jeffmo once threatened to send me his extra! One is more than enough, thank you. :)

c-eling, JeffMo and portlandjulian like this.
  17. portlandjulian

He can have that as well :D

JeffMo and Dave 81828384 like this.
  18. JeffMo

JeffMo Format Agnostic

I did! :laugh:

I'm never going to live down going cheap on that OMD b-sides comp am I? :D

Very nice of you sir, I now have those excellent b-sides. Some Speculation and Decadance are two of my faves in their catalog of great extra tracks!

19. portlandjulian

Yep they are two of their best extra tracks and on the same subject can I add Bright Young Things, Between Two Islands, Searching For The Face Of Jesus etc to your list ?

JeffMo likes this.
  20. anorak2

anorak2 Forum Resident

I think it's pretty much consensus that Disco 2 was a dud. The first Disco album was brilliant though, but I guess a Further Listening version of that is not in the pipeline.

JeffMo and jsayers like this.
  21. c-eling

c-eling Dinner's In The Microwave Sweety

Disco 2 was a product of the new re-mix generation, the further from the original 'the better' :sigh:
    Disc 2 was nice. Disc 1, I'm a fan of The Beatmasters so I enjoyed the Nude Mix of I Wouldn't
    Also enjoyed the Rollo Our Tribe Tongue-In-Cheek (edit) of AF

portlandjulian and jamesc like this.
  22. anorak2

anorak2 Forum Resident

I didn't know a 2 CD version of Disco 2 existed until it was mentioned here. Looked it up, it turns out all but one of the tracks can also be found on the Further Listening edition of Very. It is complicated to keep track.

portlandjulian, jsayers and c-eling like this.
  23. MarkusGermany

MarkusGermany WINNING

Anything new about the next and final batch of reissues...?

24. portlandjulian

Not as yet, probably in a month or two I guess ?

25. jamesc

jamesc Senior Member

Am I remembering correctly that most felt the mastering was good on the latest batch? Still considering picking them up even though I've got way too many copies of all three albums!

JeffMo and c-eling like this.